JOdoubleE953

Did I Just Win Gunbroker? *Updated*

I was the highest bidder on an auction that ended without hiting the reserve. In the item description the seller stated to email them in this circumstance as they may still sell. Instead of telling me "no thanks", the guy told me "this one isn't for you" in the douchiest (sp?) way possible when I gave him a realistic price. And he continued to taunt me when I offered a bit more. So I told him where to shove it, bought one in nicer condition for less than I offered him and I've emailed him a photo of it offering to sell it to him every week for over a year.

^ That is awesome hahaha.

And I hear ya about how this guys motives/pricing/profiteering shouldn't influence my decision making process and ethics when moving forward with this transaction.

Given your experiences with gunbroker, what stance do you think they will take if this can not be resolved between me and the seller and I need to get them involved? Surely they will disregard the fact that this is the deal of the century and arguable a rip off for the seller and stick to their cut and dry not up for negotiation policies. Right?

And I hear ya about how this guys motives/pricing/profiteering shouldn't influence my decision making process and ethics when moving forward with this transaction.

i disagree. i think it should influence how you handle it. at first i thought "yea thats pretty rough for the guy, in these dark times he deserves a break" but if hes not giving anyone else any breaks and in fact is doing the opposite by charging $900 for about $300 worth of ammo I say its karma and in order to restore balance to the universe you must make him honor it.

There is no way in hell that guy will give you that ammo.

I had a somewhat similar thing happen to me on Ebay. I had a Canon 60mm macro lens that I knew would sell around $350 or so...but started the bid at $50 to get some interest and didn't put a reserve(rookie mistake)

A few days go by and someone bids on it. Shortly thereafter there's a flurry of activity and the bid rises to $425, woohoo! Just about the retail price. It sits there for a few days at that price, then 2 minutes before the auction is over, the top bids all get canceled and the original bidder wins it for $50.00. He sends me a nice sweet message about where I'm going to send it and to please hurry. OOOOPSSS..SORRY, I DROPPED THE LENS, MY BAD. CAN'T SEND IT TO YOU NOW!. I was a victim of "bid shielding". My point...there are ways for the seller to back out of a deal and he'll find one.

There is no way in hell that guy will give you that ammo.

I had a somewhat similar thing happen to me on Ebay. I had a Canon 60mm macro lens that I knew would sell around $350 or so...but started the bid at $50 to get some interest and didn't put a reserve(rookie mistake)

A few days go by and someone bids on it. Shortly thereafter there's a flurry of activity and the bid rises to $425, woohoo! Just about the retail price. It sits there for a few days at that price, then 2 minutes before the auction is over, the top bids all get canceled and the original bidder wins it for $50.00. He sends me a nice sweet message about where I'm going to send it and to please hurry. OOOOPSSS..SORRY, I DROPPED THE LENS, MY BAD. CAN'T SEND IT TO YOU NOW!. I was a victim of "bid shielding". My point...there are ways for the seller to back out of a deal and he'll find one.

I bid on an item on ebay and someone outbid me so I bought the item elsewhere. Then I got notified that the high bidder dropped out. I contacted ebay and told them the story and it was OK. Seems that despite their policy they tolerate a lot.

If he doesnt respond to you report it. It would be a scummy move to try to force him to pay the .01..but id offer him pre ct on sale price for it not to further pursue the issue.

Thats what I am thinking at this point. If he doesn't get back to me, I will offer to work out a deal for pre panic pricing. Midwayusa.com sells them for $325.99 (not in stock till 2014) so I would be OK with paying that price shipped.

Time will tell, lets see what he has to say first lol

Thats what I am thinking at this point. If he doesn't get back to me, I will offer to work out a deal for pre panic pricing. Midwayusa.com sells them for $325.99 (not in stock till 2014) so I would be OK with paying that price shipped.

Time will tell, lets see what he has to say first lol

If this guy relisted without so much as talking to you first and he won't hold up his end of the bargain I would personally exhaust all my options with Gunbroker. Technically his account should be suspended if he didn't fulfill his contractual obligation. I'm not sure how firm their policy is -- maybe they let things slide by if the mistakes were made in good faith. I would fight the good fight

hahaha you guys are telling me everything I want to hear. I thing I will take the route of contacting gunbroker. The million dollar question of the hour is do I send him the money via paypal right now? .01 purchase price plus the 50$ to ship. I will have full protection as I will be paying with my Amex thru paypal and in the past I have found my creditcard company and paypal claims service to be very helpfull if need be

Send the money!!! If he doesn't respond you then file a claim against. Not your fault if he ducked up the listing and was looking to rape somebody with a 900 minimum.... Sorry, no sympathy for him.

Do you have a email saying you won the auction, then exercise your right of ownership...

I do have records that I did win the auction. However the way gunbroker is set up, I can't send payment untill the seller makes it so that the payment screen is available to me. After browsing thru their customer support/claim section I am not very optimistic, however I did file a claim.

Also, still no responce from him

My Claim:

"I have won auction #330860418 via a buy it now. I have contacted the seller for payment arrangements etc. and he responded by saying "sorry this listing was not to be a buy it now it was to be a auction please do not pay." I won the item fair and square and he has since ignored all of my attempts to contact. I would have preferred to resolve this with the seller but as I have mentioned, he is not getting back to me. I believe he is ignoring me because after the auction ended and he was contacted by myself, he RE-LISTED the item. No warnings, no substantive communication, he just plain re-listed it. If he does make good on my transaction, you could have another potentially dissatisfied customer on your hands; the individual who bids/wins the new auction I really hope you guys can help me out some how. I know you can not 'force' a seller to sell the item, however I do not want to have to give this guy bad feedback, and I certainly do not want a 'did not pay for item' designation on my account."

Not going to lie, I PMed OP about some of that...

... For those who remember I had a girlfriend nearly kill me (literally) recently. Well that's over with, and I met another cute Chinese girl who wants to learn how to shoot!

This made me laugh out loud.

What the fugg does that have to do with gunbroker or op?

Just keep sending Gunbroker the messages and let them deal with him. Not your fault he messed up his listing.

Don't think for a moment, if the situation was reversed he would not be looking to fugg you.

In life, we all deal with our mistakes. If he had any sense of honor, he would put it back, and maybe ask you to pay a more reasonable amount, or offer to give you some as a consiliatory jesture

Just keep sending Gunbroker the messages and let them deal with him. Not your fault he messed up his listing.

Don't think for a moment, if the situation was reversed he would not be looking to fugg you.

In life, we all deal with our mistakes. If he had any sense of honor, he would put it back, and maybe ask you to pay a more reasonable amount, or offer to give you some as a consiliatory jesture

Amen haha. That was my thought as well. If he could just answer me and start a dialouge, I would be willing to pay pre-panic prices for the item. Time will tell, you guys will be the first to know lol

In other news, his $900 starting price relisting auction is up in less than three hours. Should I be worried that someone else will bid? hahaha god willingly no one is that dumb or desperate for ammo

In other news, his $900 starting price relisting auction is up in less than three hours. Should I be worried that someone else will bid? hahaha god willingly no one is that dumb or desperate for ammo

No, he is an idiot, if he would have broken it down to several smaller auctions, he might have had a chance. But at $150 per 1000, he can go FUGG himself....

I would take a screenshot of his auction, and send it to gunbroker and demand his account be frozen until the situation is resolved. Also, check out the terms of service, see if he is in violation and quote it in your message

No, he is an idiot, if he would have broken it down to several smaller auctions, he might have had a chance. But at $150 per 1000, he can go FUGG himself....

I would take a screenshot of his auction, and send it to gunbroker and demand his account be frozen until the situation is resolved. Also, check out the terms of service, see if he is in violation and quote it in your message

Good call. I followed up with this:

I would also like to add that under your User Agreement Site Rules section, it states...

Sellers’ Rules

1. Listing. Once you list an Item for auction it becomes an irrevocable offer to sell the Item to the winning bidder. Once there is a winning bid, you have a binding legal agreement to sell the listed Item to the winning bidder under the User Agreement, these Site Rules, and according to the terms of your listing for the Item. Once you list an Item and receive a winning bid, you cannot withdraw it from sale. Please carefully consider these obligations before you place an Item for auction.

I don't need to be an Attorney to tell you this guy is *&^%$#$%^'ed

Absolutely nothing. I'm thinking Kaiser is just excited about meeting this girl and wanted to share it. :p

This. Pretty much this.

I like Asian girls, if anyone on here wants to introduce me to some, I'd gladly accept.

But back to the topic at hand, in all honesty, especially if he still hasn't replied, I doubt he's going to follow through.

He's probably hoping you'll get distracted, forget about it, and this goes away.