Warpaint

Gov. Christie's response to gun control in NJ

Democrats/Liberals are master, Middle East negotiators. They'll throw out a host of "wants" but really have one or two in mind. I really hope Christie vetoes but realistically he'll horse trade some smaller items to get items he's really been going after. I believe they'll get the mental illness, terrorist watch, internet sales and a few others. To us, these are big/HUGE, important items but to Christie they're bargaining chips to get what he wants and looks like he did his due diligence while getting something he's been pushing.

In the end, there is NO WAY all this BS passes, but Christie will definitely bargain to get what he wants...I believe he is of the philosophy "what's best for the collective is best for society". So if it takes away (some) from the 8% (gun owners) but benefits the 70% (voters/tax payers)...guess where he's going?

He's a former prosecutor, I think he reverts back to that mind set. I wouldn't look to him for salvation. I have serious doubts that he even cares a bit about preserving the 2nd, and his idea of shall not be infringed is vastly different that most of ours. I'd guess that his view is closer to Feinstein's than most would be comfortable with. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm preparing to be right...

Would you rather have 10 rounds or a very remote chance that you lose your right to buy a gun if you end up on the terror watchlist?

Honestly. 10 rds. What the terrorist watch bill represents to me is a loss of freedom. The decline of society. And the future of this country where freedoms will continue to erode in the name of safety.

Since the rules for 'ending up on the watch list' are unwritten? Buy more then 500 rounds? Watchlist. Ask about the Watch list? Watch list. Cross the street on a Tuesday? Watchlist.

Add that a West Point study states that there are a rise in domestic terrorists that are violent against the government because they don't believe the government is following the constitution. Since this is a watch list and not an actual terrorist list, would it be safe to assume anyone that believes the government oversteps their powers is potentially someone we should watch?

Add that a West Point study states that there are a rise in domestic terrorists that are violent against the government because they don't believe the government is following the constitution. Since this is a watch list and not an actual terrorist list, would it be safe to assume anyone that believes the government oversteps their powers is potentially someone we should watch?

The whole thing smacks of Presumptive Guilt.. so it actually fits in well along side all the other gun control proposals.

IMO..............he's gonna jump ship as an Independent......CPAC basically ignored him.....he's another NJ lawyer as they all are here....they're there to tell us what we are going to do and how to live.....lawyers and state enforcement run this state ....we are privliged to live here and pay taxes.

He's Bloomberg. I like him as he does not like spending. At least he did not untill the health exchange thing.

But on guns he is bloomberg

Yeah not even close.

Bloomberg is the pure defination of a meglomaniac everything he has done in NYC has done nothing but turn it more into a Nany state telling people what big daddy thinks they should and should not do, from the amount of food they eat to what 7/11's can sell in the stores.

Doing this all this while leaving people in ruins for week's and noW months from Hurricane Sandy refusing the National guard and Federal help because he does not trust anyone but his amazing NYC Police. I also do not think Christy has vowed to spend billions to bann guns like Bloomberg has all across the country. His latest endever was giving several million from his anti gun superpac to Jesse Jacksons JR's replacement in Chicago who is a huge anti 2A supporter. So is Christie Geroge Bush when it comes to guns, nope I agree with that but he sure as hell isnt Bloomburg.

Bloomberg is a bit frightening lately. His tentacles stretch across the continent into every blue state with his ideals.

He is nothing short of a dictator and would become one of he were to ever get voted into a higher office.

Bloomberg is like Christie when he started.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Here are the facts.....

Christie is not a fan of gun rights.

Christie ran on an assault weapons ban platform for nj legislation against Michael Patrick Carroll.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I think we're just along for the ride here.

New Jersey may have 12.3% gun owners but Louisiana has 44.1%, Texas 35.9%, and Arizona 31.1%. Gun owners also tend to be Republican. Consider how any of those 22 Assembly bills he might sign would be talked about by the cast of "Swamp People".

I don't know the last time New Jersey had a pro-life governor (was it before Roe v. Wade?) but the last time a NJ governor signed as few bills as Christie was 168 years ago. This will play well in Louisiana even if it doesn't inside the beltway and on Manhattan island.

http://www.app.com/a...on-168-year-low

18fivethirtyeight-guns1-blog480.png

Let see here....a great list of Govenors here in NJ.....there was Florio who quit when is GAY lover decided he'd had enough, then there is Corzine who's indited on Securities fraud and now Chritie who's gonna sell us down the river with more stringent gun laws in this aleady over governed state...IMO....yup, our great elected officials of late.

Thing is, if Obama didn't instiagte this war on Guns and the 2A.....all this wouldn't be necessary....

Let see here....a great list of Govenors here in NJ.....there was Florio who quit when is GAY lover decided he'd had enough, then there is Corzine who's indited on Securities fraud and now Chritie who's gonna sell us down the river with more stringent gun laws in this aleady over governed state...IMO....yup, our great elected officials of late.

Thing is, if Obama didn't instiagte this war on Guns and the 2A.....all this wouldn't be necessary....

Actually that was McGreevey.

Florio wasn't gay, that was Magreevy. Florio was a whole different breed of filthy corrupt. He didn't get the nick name Flim Flam Florio for no reason. He's a detestable creep

Florio wasn't gay, that was Magreevy. Florio was a whole different breed of filthy corrupt. He didn't get the nick name Flim Flam Florio for no reason. He's a detestable creep

I remember the bumper stickers "Florio Free in 93"

One thing I like about Christie's response, and something that should be mentioned in hearings that anyone speaks at is the fact that the assembly passed 22 gun control bills in one day, but hasn't passed anything relating to shared services or tax cuts. Ask during any gun control legislation hearing why your property taxes have not gone down? Why could 22 bills related to gun control that aren't necessary pass quickly, but there is no plan to cut the insane property taxes in the state? Many people don't understand guns, but if you get them thinking about how they pay 5, 10, sometimes 15 time the property taxes that people do in other states, it may get those that are on the fence when it comes to gun control to ask their legislators to get their priorities straight! Just another different angle to possibly use.

Florio....McGreevy.....I remember seeing their faces on a toilet paper roll......might need a larger roll for our current Govenor.

You should see the roll he uses. Ever seen manufacturers wrap a pallet of boxes before shipping them out? Well, there is a rotating platform and a forklift in Christie's bathroom.

You should see the roll he uses. Ever seen manufacturers wrap a pallet of boxes before shipping them out? Well, there is a rotating platform and a forklift in Christie's bathroom.

He uses the "quicker picker upper" Bounty!! Lol!!

Bloomberg is like Christie when he started.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Here are the facts.....

Christie is not a fan of gun rights.

Christie ran on an assault weapons ban platform for nj legislation against Michael Patrick Carroll.

Damn that sucks for us.

Any chance he will outlaw large sodas too? If so, I'm moving to PA.

In all seriousness, It really doesn't matter where he ran.

In the end he is a Politician, so it is all about self-preservation.

If he wants to try to go to DC he has to be careful with these bills. If not, he can bury us.

I agree he is no real friend of gun owners, but we have to play the hand were dealt.