bry@n

Ammo is here*** Closed ** Shotgun Target Load Ammo group buy

Not sure if this is in the correct forum, so please forgive me if I put it in the wrong place.

Title kinda describes it all.

Looking to get a group buy together for some shotgun target loads. I know this was dicussed in an earlier thread but I figured I would start a new thread. I have talked to a forum vendor and we are able to get 12ga 1-1/8oz 8 shot target loads for $70 a case (250 shells). There is a 10 case minimum to get the pricing. Trap and clays season is upon us and I wanna be able to be sure I/ we have shells for the season.

The ammo will either be Federal or Speer. You would have to pre pay for the ammo and then meet to pick it up. I am sure we can arrange meeting spots for people. Maybe one guy picks up for north, one for south and I am in CNJ.

I am in for 2 cases and another forum member wants 4. So we have 6 of the 10 already.

specs:

Speer Lawman

12 ga target ammo

8 shot

1200 fps

bry@n - 2 paid

Regulator72 -2 paid

Adam - 2 paid

lalo - 2 paid

krdshrk - 2 paid

Max96 -1 paid

Reduck -1 paid

Blueskybob - 2 paid

fastd- 1 paid

Mag1 - 1 paid

Everyone has now paid and the ammo will be purchased this week from the forum vendor.

$70 a case is the group price? Damn!?

That is what I am getting. I haven't seen anything cheaper. I know pricing was a little better pre craze but it is what it is right now.

Light target loads? Specs (If it's under 1200FPS it won't work for me)?

I will check. I would tend to think they are at least 1185, which is kinda standard. I know that the remmy light loads are around 1145 fps.

2 3/4 dram is usually around 1150 fps. 3 dram is generally 1200.

70 is about average right now. Group buys are usually only beneficial if it gets the cost down. You can still get target loads for 70 shipped right to your door.

okay, so I found out the info and this ammo is 1200fps so you should be okay Nick.

I also updated the first post with quantities.

The vendor asked that we have one point of contact and that could be me. Since I would start the group buy, you can pay me and I pay him. It's just easier for acccounting that we just pay the vendor for all the cases and then I can figure out getting the cases to people. I could do paypal gift, cash or a usps money order. Which ever is easiest for you guys.,

2 3/4 dram is usually around 1150 fps. 3 dram is generally 1200.

70 is about average right now. Group buys are usually only beneficial if it gets the cost down. You can still get target loads for 70 shipped right to your door.

The shells are 2 3/4 and I know the ammo is 1200 fps because I looked it up. This is Speer Lawman ammo and I have seen it at $110 a case online. I personally have never seen it besides this instance.

One other note is that we are using a forum vendor. A vendor that gives back to our community, so I am all for spending the same amount of $$ that I could order it online for and dealing with a brick and mortar dealer locally.

Got ya Nick.

One other thing. I wanna be able to order this ammo within a week or two. Preferrably close the GB say next thursday or Friday. This way we can get payment settled and get the ammo in a reasonable aount of time and not drag this out.

Anybody disagree. Again, this is my opinion. usually the longer people drag things on, people tend to fade away.

Ok, PM me your paypal and I'll pay it now. What we looking for turn around time? I don't mind for me, but picking up a case for one of the inlaws and he's an impatient bastard..

If we closed this Sunday night, everybody paid via PP gift. We could have the ammo by next Friday.

One other note is that we are using a forum vendor. A vendor that gives back to our community, so I am all for spending the same amount of $$ that I could order it online for and dealing with a brick and mortar dealer locally.

That is fair. I really wasn't trying to blow up your buy. It isn't a bad price, I guess I was just hoping it would be a better price. Good stuff and cool of you for putting this together for people. I unfortunately (or fortunately!) have just shy of 1500 target loads...

bump. I'd like to get the show on the road and maybe close this out by Tuesday. This way we can get the ammo hopefully by the weekend.

So those that are in, please pm me with how you choose to pay.

bump. I'd like to get the show on the road and maybe close this out by Tuesday. This way we can get the ammo hopefully by the weekend.

So those that are in, please pm me with how you choose to pay.

Do you accept Wampum or Beaver Pelts?

agreed, shotgun ammo hasn't been hit with the Newtown prices.