woodentoe

Good God, where is the 9!?

CTD is selling 50 rd boxes of TULAMMO steel 9mm for $35 a box! Lord!!!!

I stopped shooting and buying ammo. I have between 500-1000 rounds (more for .22lr) of ammo for each caliber I shoot. I used to shoot a box and then buy a box to replace it but now I am buying brands I never used before and paying almost 3x what they were selling for a few months ago. I will just keep what I have. I have a nice selection of practice and self defense ammo and at today's prices it would cost me $50 a range session and that is only shooting one box of ammo when I used to shoot a few hundred rounds per session. I had arranged me work schedule to free up Fridays. I moved to where I am because there was a public range juts 20 minutes away and I could shoot weekly. Now I am sitting here on a Friday when I normally would be at the range with some friends. I was tempted to go but when I called them they had a long wait. I would have thought that with the price of ammo the ranges would be empty but the opposite is true. My guess is that many non gun owners have bought guns thinking that they may not be able to do so in the near future and wanted to get one just in case. Now these new gun owners and shooters have discovered that you do not just point a gun and hit your target and are visiting the range to learn how to shoot and play with their new toys. I know that once I took someone out who never shot before they wanted to do it again and again. :) I will wait this craziness out. I have the rest of my life ahead of me to shoot.

CTD is selling 50 rd boxes of TULAMMO steel 9mm for $35 a box! Lord!!!!

That's just absurd especially considering that occasionally there's still some to be at half that price, shipping included. Expensive, yes, but not .70/round either.

The issue of ammo availability is ridiculous. It's not going to ease up until people stop hoarding it and thumb their noses at the retailers. I called all around the other day for 1 stupid box of Hornady Critical Defense in 45 ACP and could not find one damned box.

The issue of ammo availability is ridiculous. It's not going to ease up until people stop hoarding it and thumb their noses at the retailers. I called all around the other day for 1 stupid box of Hornady Critical Defense in 45 ACP and could not find one damned box.

I know some people are boycotting but I believe Dick's in Woodbridge had this a couple weeks ago.

I got 9mm ammo for a pistol I dont own yet. The problem for me is I cant find the pistol at a fair price.

And my permit is not here yet :( God I hate NJ

You can help me break in my M&P 9 if you want :) just got her last month, can't find ammo to shoot with.

+1

I have been able to score a couple thousand rounds the past month and split it up with coworkers that were in need at the price I bought it at. I have been able to top both my ammo cans with 9mm.

What I do is I keep an eye on a site called gunbot. It puts up when available, how much per round and box. What I did was made accounts with the sites that post up the cheapest ammo so when a good deal comes up all I do is click the link, add the qty wanted then sign in and complete sale.

You have to be fast because ammo sells out in minutes and website's get hit hard so they slow down. I have been able to get 9mm as low as $14.99. Not the best price but better than 20 to 30 dollars.

Good luck all. O_C_D

You would think the manufacturers would be ramping up their production lines, considering the unemployment rate and the available workforce to run 24/7, not like the demand for ammo isn't there.

Every manufacturer is running 24/7/365.