matyb123

HK P30...

i held a HK P30 tonight for the first time and i have to say that might be one of the nicest feeing guns i ever held!!!

wasnt crazy about the trigger rest but if it was a woman i wouldnt kick it outta bed ;)

so what i wanna know is how does the thing shoot from the people who have them?

Besides the trigger, it is a perfect 9mm

yea i wasnt crazy about that... its like they had three years just say for the sake of conversation to design the ultimate pistol

they used 2yrs and 11 months on design and ergonomics and then was like oh sh!t we has to create das uber pistol!

then crammed the rest of the gun in one month...

but i really liked the way it felt, like really liked it!!!

Bought a p30l last week. Should be at the ffl today or mon. Cant wait to shoot her!

awesome good for you! really nice gun! make sure you come back and post you un- $1000- biased opinion lol

its was damn nice, had no clue it was all that! thought it was just another pistol...

It is one of the softest shooting 9mm's I have shot. Super reliable.... and I would trust my life to one any day of the week.

The trigger is what it is. It was designed as a combat trigger. The DA is long but consistent a bit on the heavy side. The SA has a crisp break, around 5.5 lbs, however it has a ton of pre-travel take up, and the reset is a bit longer. 95% of the people will not be able to tell the difference anyway though.

There are ways to get it cleaned up, however it will not stop you from shooting the gun well.

I had the P30L v3, which was DA/SA and it was the perfect gun. Long barrel, no safety. Only gun I regret selling, however I am sure I will be picking one up as soon as opportunity presents itself.

It is one of the softest shooting 9mm's I have shot. Super reliable.... and I would trust my life to one any day of the week.

The trigger is what it is. It was designed as a combat trigger. The DA is long but consistent a bit on the heavy side. The SA has a crisp break, around 5.5 lbs, however it has a ton of pre-travel take up, and the reset is a bit longer. 95% of the people will not be able to tell the difference anyway though.

There are ways to get it cleaned up, however it will not stop you from shooting the gun well.

I had the P30L v3, which was DA/SA and it was the perfect gun. Long barrel, no safety. Only gun I regret selling, however I am sure I will be picking one up as soon as opportunity presents itself.

i think you said it, its is a combat handgun.. the reset is the only thing that was ehhh but im a firm believer in it can be changed to suit you as well! the DA i thought was great, heavy or not, just that reset and take up...

it sucks because i held one and i have that.. cant get it outta my head feeling lol... that means matt WILL get one now! his inner gun ghost will haunt him till he buys one!

only shitty part is im on pistol number one of my 3 pistol permit set so daddy couldnt realistically bring baby home till june-july... maybe...

You can always apply for exemption. =)

What P30 was it? The L model or regular? Safety? 9mm or 40?

The P30's rock... absolutely do.

LEM versions are also pretty nice.

Put it this way... team HK shoots stock P30l's at USPSA nationals.... and they do quite well with a stock gun.

You can always apply for exemption. =)

What P30 was it? The L model or regular? Safety? 9mm or 40?

The P30's rock... absolutely do.

LEM versions are also pretty nice.

Put it this way... team HK shoots stock P30l's at USPSA nationals.... and they do quite well with a stock gun.

what would applying for exemption mean? i assume it was sarcasm nj gun laws are always followed by it lol

from what i know it was the shorter p30 9 mm w/o a safety only a sweet de-cocker right by the trigger

it was $1049.00

id be happy with a used one lol

I got the p30l v3 with night sights used with a couple holsters for just under $900 out the door. I was ok with that bc of the night sights and holsters (+$250 roughly for them).

For what its worth when i called last week knesek guns had a couple p30l v3's in stock for $910 plus shipping.

Very nice... It's next on my list. As you say, it has a great feel. I never felt a gun fit so perfect in my hand. It was almost orgasmic! ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I got one. P30. Really like it. Accurate, feels good in the hands, reliable. Its an HK and I have always had good success with their products. Even the trigger I think is good (not great). I think its worth the money and would recommend one to anyone looking for a 9mm

Besides the trigger, it is a perfect 9mm

Please explain what is wrong with the trigger. I am new to handguns and would like to know what to look for when I buy a gun. This gun was high on my short list of possible purchases. Is it just the P30 or all H&K handguns.

An HK will never have the crisp clean break of a competition gun. As a new shooter, you will not notice the difference until somewhere around the 10-20,000 rounds fired mark. If it's comfortable, go for it.

Its all preference. With my original P30, I let everyone try it out, and most people had no complaints. But it was there first time shooting anything other than a revolver or Glock.

P30 has a very long trigger pull, heavier pull, and long reset. It is not crisp, more like a wet potato chip, lol. This should not be for a $950-1000 HK, but hey, I love mine and have gotten used to my trigger.

For a lighter pull, you can change it out to a Wolf hammer spring, I think #10.

You can get it in lem model, but then you have to make sure you like it.

Get your hands on one and shot a couple hundred rounds before you buy one. FYI: Mags are scarce and expensive!

And the HK match triggers are awesome, just dont have the option for the P30.

Its all preference. With my original P30, I let everyone try it out, and most people had no complaints. But it was there first time shooting anything other than a revolver or Glock.

P30 has a very long trigger pull, heavier pull, and long reset. It is not crisp, more like a wet potato chip, lol. This should not be for a $950-1000 HK, but hey, I love mine and have gotten used to my trigger.

For a lighter pull, you can change it out to a Wolf hammer spring, I think #10.

You can get it in lem model, but then you have to make sure you like it.

Get your hands on one and shot a couple hundred rounds before you buy one. FYI: Mags are scarce and expensive!

And the HK match triggers are awesome, just dont have the option for the P30.

DA yes, it is a longer pull, heavier and long reset..... like a combat handgun is supposed to be. =)

However 95% of the shooting people do will be in Single Action where you just have the longer takeup, if you let your finger go all the way out... however... the break on the Single Action is very very crisp, and the reset is the reset. =P

I have played with Jason Koon's modified HK P30L and it is a pretty nice trigger... however for 99% of the people, it will not make you shoot any better or worse.

Like I said... Team HK, shooting uspsa and idpa... shot stock out of the box P30's a year ago and done extremely well all finishing near the top at nationals.

Is it a 1911? No, but it is a combat trigger as designed.

HK 45 on the other hand has a modified Competition trigger. =)

Just got mine. A P30 S in .40

Not going to do anything just yet. I only have maybe 50 rounds through mine and I like to break in my barrels. Plus I'm experimenting with different grip configs. I usually don't do squat to a new pistol until I'm sure it's what I want

DA yes, it is a longer pull, heavier and long reset..... like a combat handgun is supposed to be. =)

However 95% of the shooting people do will be in Single Action where you just have the longer takeup, if you let your finger go all the way out... however... the break on the Single Action is very very crisp, and the reset is the reset. =P

I have played with Jason Koon's modified HK P30L and it is a pretty nice trigger... however for 99% of the people, it will not make you shoot any better or worse.

Like I said... Team HK, shooting uspsa and idpa... shot stock out of the box P30's a year ago and done extremely well all finishing near the top at nationals.

Is it a 1911? No, but it is a combat trigger as designed.

HK 45 on the other hand has a modified Competition trigger. =)

Yepper!

Just got mine. A P30 S in .40

Not going to do anything just yet. I only have maybe 50 rounds through mine and I like to break in my barrels. Plus I'm experimenting with different grip configs. I usually don't do squat to a new pistol until I'm sure it's what I want

Congrats

One thing I have learned in 42 years of shooting is that how a gun feels in the hand is only applicable to target or competition shooting and even then I shot my least comfortable gun better than the ones that felt better in my hand when I used to compete. I own guns that feel great in my hand but do not shoot as well as others that feel less so.

I have about 4.5k rounds through mine without any problems. It is my quick go-to nightstand gun and I trust it will always go bang when I need it to. If you do not like the DA/SA there are always different trigger group types you can try out.