Pizza Bob

The Great Shongum Revolver Extravaganza / Reg now OPEN

OK gang, this is coming up. Saturday 04/06. Registration is not yet open. Ron usually opens it on the Sunday or Monday before the match. As soon as I get the e-mail, I'll post a link here.

We'd like to get an entire squad of wheelgunners. We had real good response when we attempted this for the February match, but the weather did not cooperate. I checked the long range forecast and it said Sunny and 70 degrees - yes, I said 70 - for Saturday 04/06.

So all you folks who have revolvers collecting dust in your safes. All you folks who intended to try this (we all know what the road to hell is paved with - don't we?) - now is the time to get out there and have some fun.

Shongum matches usually run 100 + or - rounds and are 5 stages long. Usually a run & gun stage - high round count, a classifier, some steel and the other two are up to Ron's fertile imagination.

So watch this slot for the pre-registration announcement.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

I've invited some other people who champion the revolver. At least they will provide a little competition for Alec, if they grace us with their presence.

Hey Alec, why don't you invite Dave? These guys will be looking to get in some practice for the revolver nationals in May.

Watch for the registration announcement - we'll be squad 3

Adios,

PIzza Bob

I've invited some other people who champion the revolver. At least they will provide a little competition for Alec, if they grace us with their presence.

Hey Alec, why don't you invite Dave? These guys will be looking to get in some practice for the revolver nationals in May.

Watch for the registration announcement - we'll be squad 3

Adios,

PIzza Bob

I'm going to bring my *almost* b-class game.

I wanted to go to revolver nats in may, but im getting married that weekend. Stupid wedding.

Next year.

I'm going to bring my *almost* b-class game.

I wanted to go to revolver nats in may, but im getting married that weekend. Stupid wedding.

Next year.

Sounds like a great theme for the nats..

Just get her a wedding dress with a Holster built in it..

Make sure the brides maid brushes up on reloading those empty moon clips..

As of Sunday afternoon registration is now open. I have not yet received an email from Ron, but here's a link to Shoot-n-Score It. Follow the link on the dashboard for Shongum...

https://shootnscoreit.com/dashboard/

I've registered for squad 3. See you there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Registered in squad 3 , thanks bob.

others trying to register , try this link

http://shootnscoreit.com/ipsc/match/1075/

or, once you register with the site, just go to search event , type in shongum , then register for event, then make sure your click squads and join a squad.

Here's the e-mail:

Overflow Parking: Shongum has added a Forestry Management Staging area that can be used for parking. Make a right at the top of the driveway, just before the large rock with the Shongum logo and its immediately to the right. It can be used as long as its not muddy.

We are using “Shoot’N Score It” (SSI), an online pre-registration tool. In addition to speeding things up the morning of the match to allow us to start shooting (and finish shooting) earlier, pre-registration via SSI provides for self-squadding. Shooters can sign-up/log-in to the SSI site, enter their basic shooter information, and click “Register.” Once registered, squadding can be set up.

Round count is shown on the Shoot’N Score It website. (Link provided below.)

We reserve the ability to move folks around to assure we have adequate RO coverage in each squad and balance squad size.

Registration will close by around 9:30 am, please arrive early.

New Shooter briefing will be at 8:45am, not 9am.

We can still accommodate walk-ons the morning of the match through the traditional sign-in process, but the less we have to rely on this, the quicker we can be at getting the match started.

** Shooter information stored in SSI is not indexed/returned by search engines, so shooter names will not come up in Google searches. **

To pre-register for the April Shongum match via SSI:

If it’s your first time using SSI, create a user name/password, etc., and click “Sign Me Up”, otherwise login to sign up.

• On the match registration page, enter your USPSA/shooter information, and click “Register”
    • We ask that ROs select “Military” in the Category field so that we can easily identify them and ensure that each squad has enough ROs

[*]Click on the link to “squads” on the left of the page, choose a squad from the list, and click “join this squad”

If you do not want to use SSI, please send me an email at [email protected] with the following info to register:

Name:

USPSA number:

Division:

Power Factor:

AS ALWAYS:

Help with setting up and packing up is always needed and appreciated.

TIME PERMITTING, there will be a rifle side stage after the pistol match of 34.

If the match is cancelled for weather, I will send out an email notification Friday around 5pm.

Registered. I won't be shooting a wheelie as I don't own one that I should compete with yet. If there is room in the squad on the day, perhaps I'll stick myself in just so I can watch them go and be inspired to not waste my next permit on a semi-auto. I'd like to do the separate rifle stage as I have a brand new build that is begging to be tested.

Ha! We picked-up another one - now 6 revolver shooters in squad 3. Neal, are you a member of our little family here (NJGF)? Reveal yourself.

See you there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Come on wheelgunners - we're up to five revolver shooters in squad 3. Nick, Mike, Elvis - where are you guys????

Wish I could make this one Bob.

My boys Soccer season starts that day. My next ten Saturdays are booked up.

May you whoop all there asses!