MPA

RTSP in Randolph Just joined

I just joined RTSP in Randolph. Staff so far is awesome, range is very nice. New facility. Huge stock of handguns, and when they get rifles in they post on facebook so everyone gets a fair shot. Anybody in the area looking for a place to shoot, try it out.

Just have to see math works out to where it makes sense.......

I go 6+ times a month.... @ $20/hr, it is an easy decision for me to be a member....

I agree, plus only about 4 minutes from home and for the extra fee for family membership makes it even more economical. Had the youngest there on Sunday morning during member time.

post-6228-136301152684_thumb.jpg

The math would work for me as I live close enough to make it work and the wife likes it there-$500/year for me+wife+riffle or $30.00/visit.

I'll have to wait until the new lanes open and see how it goes, though. I'll not pay $500.00 and than wait over an hour to shoot. Meanwhile I'll just go less and wait.

I've been a member since they opened, even though I live a little over a half hour away. I'm probably there around three times a month or so, which makes membership a no-brainer for me.

It's a great place to shoot, especially if you can get there during the week. Not sure when the new lanes are supposed to open, but I heard that they should be starting construction next month. Should be a lot easier to shoot once they finish the expansion, if we still have ammo then.

Should be a lot easier to shoot once they finish the expansion, if we still have ammo then.

One of the comments I have heard is that it is slowing down as far as wait times due to the ammo shortage. The last few times I went this past week only waited 20 minutes once and 5 minutes another.

I regret paying the membership. I think the place is great but the waits are to long and I've left after waiting more than an hour for a port. Since there is no waiting benefit for the membership what's the advantage?

I won't rejoin but will go when I can get on the range. The place is very nice and good people.

The wife and I joined today. It makes sense for us since we shoot together and if we went twice a month we would spend way over the member fee. We have been going right after work and have not had to wait yet.

Great staff

I just don't get the attraction to this place. I've been there a few times and I've actually made gun purchases there. Each time the place was busy - and not in a good way. Nobody looked happy to be there - not the employees or any of the waiting customers. I got the feeling I was interrupting the employee who eventually helped me each time. The last time I was there - a few days before the New Town shooting - I bought a handgun (because they were the only NJ shop that had the gun in stock). When I asked about extra mags I was told "they're hanging over there" ... really? It clearly didn't even occur to her that she should walk over to that part of the showroom and help me find a few mags. I was never asked if I "needed anything else?" ... like, I dunno ... ammo for my new gun?? I would classify each transaction as "That'll be $$$.00...seeyabye." I didn't get the impression that the folks I dealt with were "gun people" at all. I also don't get why anyone would wait to shoot indoors. Join Cherry Ridge - no waiting and you get to be OUTSIDE!!

I think Havocman either gives off a bad vibe and is treated that way, or hit them on a bad day. I have never been treated with anything but respect there. The staff and owners are always very polite and try to help in anyway possible. They probably did not ask if you wanted ammo as they provide that as a service for people that shoot at the range and the staff knows that you can buy it cheaper other places. If they offered you high price ammo I bet you would be bitching here about how they tried to strong arm you into over paying for ammo. Some people it seems just like to complain.

As far as the attraction to the place; well it is clean, well run, and safe. The last one being a big issue. There are too many places where stupid people and gangsta types are allowed to do stupid and dangerous things - that is not the case here. There are video cams everywhere and one and sometimes two range officers on the floor - that is great for only 9 ports.

I think Havocman either gives off a bad vibe and is treated that way, or hit them on a bad day. I have never been treated with anything but respect there. The staff and owners are always very polite and try to help in anyway possible. They probably did not ask if you wanted ammo as they provide that as a service for people that shoot at the range and the staff knows that you can buy it cheaper other places. If they offered you high price ammo I bet you would be bitching here about how they tried to strong arm you into over paying for ammo. Some people it seems just like to complain.

As far as the attraction to the place; well it is clean, well run, and safe. The last one being a big issue. There are too many places where stupid people and gangsta types are allowed to do stupid and dangerous things - that is not the case here. There are video cams everywhere and one and sometimes two range officers on the floor - that is great for only 9 ports.

No, I'm confident that I don't give off a bad vibe. I'm a pretty easy-going, clean cut, friendly guy. I'm not a 'complainer' either - my posts in this thread being the rare exception. When the gal helping me with the pistol sale tried to show me the gun, I was happy to show her how it operated ;) Maybe that intimidated her a little and that's why she didn't have interest in selling me extra mags or offering me some ammo and range time? Who knows. I'm not saying I won't go back - I've been there a few times, as I mentioned. The place is very well lit, clean and organized, I agree. In the future if they have something I'm looking for I'll likely buy from them again. But waiting an hour or more to shoot indoors while someone runs a stopwatch on me? No thanks. After their expansion is completed, perhaps that'll change. I will certainly check it out.

Ive had similar experiences like having three people answer three different ways. Giving me the wrong price when i ask then someone else ringing it up for more and laughing when i told her what the other person said the price was. The issues ( and there is one every time im there) are always just confusion. As the employees learn thier jobs and learn the ropes it will get better.

The people working there are all good people. They try pretty hard to do the right thing. If you talk to the employees they are all very nice, very good people.

Its a new operation. Thats all. But they spent alot of money and time to make it nice. And they communicate very well with thier customers. They are trying very hard.

Hey forum folks, I have officially nominated myself as the forum spokes person. Whatever right? As I have stated in other threads, we have been sorrowfully remiss in keeping up with the forum posts. It is an important part of our business to answer the issues that arise from the various comments, not only here on the forum, but in general.

On that order, I spent over an hour today going through the various threads and found several complaints that I felt warranted addressing. I printed each comment and distributed it to each of our employees. Now, I will say I wrote on top that there were as many good comments as negative, but I feel it was truly an eye opener for all of them and us that many of the topics were just simple growing pains that can, and will be addressed.

I said before that if you have a complaint, message me, call me, email me or just come on in. If you feel posting will make you feel better then post away it is your right, but after you hit "send" give me a call and let's try to make it right.

You the customer drive our business, without you we would have nothing.

Hope to hear more from you all soon.