alec.mc

3/17/13 - OBRPC - REAL DEAL STEEL

not sure how everyone feels but i wanna get into the steel shoots. But from watching some you the videos you guys post it seems like nobody ever misses. My thoughts are like im gunna get stumped and go through 2 mags on one target or something like that. from the video the farthest plates look pretty far but im not sure if they are or just look it. the only competition ive done was the 2x4 at cherry ridge. which is alot of fun. but seems like its much closer than these targets. I dont know if theres any others that feel that way but im almost hesitant to go to one of these matches.

I dont know if theres any others that feel that way but im almost hesitant to go to one of these matches.

Don't be silly. Who cares how many shots you throw at a plate until you hit it, or just give up and go to the next one. You might get your ballz busted a little...it's what we do, but the last time I checked nobody won a new car or 10 day cruise (although Harry will try to hook you up with one) at one of these matches so don't worry about it. Get out, shoot, and have some fun. I mean it!

not sure how everyone feels but i wanna get into the steel shoots. But from watching some you the videos you guys post it seems like nobody ever misses. My thoughts are like im gunna get stumped and go through 2 mags on one target or something like that. from the video the farthest plates look pretty far but im not sure if they are or just look it. the only competition ive done was the 2x4 at cherry ridge. which is alot of fun. but seems like its much closer than these targets. I dont know if theres any others that feel that way but im almost hesitant to go to one of these matches.

We all miss. I spent an entire mag at one stage yesterday and still ended up missing one of the plates. The bids are of the good shooters and of their good runs.

But the best part is, we all have a great time. Come on out and have fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

im going to try to make the next event on a sunday. anyone know when the next sunday steel event is? not picky on where as i gotta travel to all of them from north jersey.

We all miss. I spent an entire mag at one stage yesterday and still ended up missing one of the plates. The bids are of the good shooters and of their good runs.

But the best part is, we all have a great time. Come on out and have fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i thought those vids were like the normal what everyone does. didnt know it was like the better runs only. i was thinking damn every shot is a 1 shot hit. not sure if anyone knows but how far are the targets in these events? they look far in the vids but im not sure if thats just the angle or something?

A few of the guys rarely miss, or at least claim to rarely miss. For the most part we all miss. The videos are creatively edited by Nick "Spielberg" C. The plates range in distance from 7 to 30 yards. It's always a good time and beats the hell out of shooting paper. Old Bridge and Central Jersey have steel on the first Sunday of each month and Old Bridge has a second monthly match on the third Sunday. Come on down and join the fun.

Pistol and 5 magazines, eyes, ears, and a good attitude. A holster is good, but not mandatory. You can shoot from the low ready if you don't have one. 5 magazines is best, but again, if you don't have that many still come and shoot. My kid will help reload them for short money. :laugh: Seriously...someone usually has the same magazines you shoot, or will be willing to top them off in between strings.

Please don't frighten new guy Chris with talk of penalty or one of us might have to peel him off the ceiling.

lol dont worry im to heavy to hang on the ceiling.

Pistol and 5 magazines, eyes, ears, and a good attitude. A holster is good, but not mandatory. You can shoot from the low ready if you don't have one. 5 magazines is best, but again, if you don't have that many still come and shoot. My kid will help reload them for short money. :laugh: Seriously...someone usually has the same magazines you shoot, or will be willing to top them off in between strings.

that works, i have 5 mags for my glock 23 and hk usp c 40, so i should be good there. have holsters for both also. should be getting a new 9 mm in the coming weeks and ill get 5 mags for that also so i can use that. like you guys said it seems like more fun than paper.

like you guys said it seems like more fun than paper.

Steel is way more fun than standing at a line punching holes in paper. Now, running and gunning USPSA or IDPA style is also very fun. Make sure to show up early for your first event and find a match director so you can introduce yourself as a new shooter.

one last question, looking at the website it seems this is a long event. Is there a bathroom close by or a chance to run to the bathroom if needed.

Johnny on the spot at old bridge -- 2 of them -- plenty of time to go -- Usually goes from 8:30 am till 2pm sometimes longer, sometimes shorter

No more excuses -- show up -- you won't regret it

thanks guys. just had to check ive got a problem, i go alot and when i gotta go i gotta go. so if there wasnt time i would have to bring a 5 gallon buck and tp to go on the side or something.

:shok:

Doodie bucket goes in Alec's kart!

thanks guys. just had to check ive got a problem, i go alot and when i gotta go i gotta go. so if there wasnt time i would have to bring a 5 gallon buck and tp to go on the side or something.

See, you are comfortable with us and we haven't even shot together yet. It takes most people take 2 or 3 events before we talk about these things.