dman2112

Arrrrggghh!

Yeah yeah but it's only a week old. You bitches would whine too

Keep shooting it.........just keep shooting it........................or buy another gun and put this one on the safe untill the pain wears off and you forget about it after a while :)

I scratched up the stock a little bit on mine a few month after I bought it. No big deal, I was annoyed with myself, of cose. Now if I were to gouge/scratch the shiny golden receiver, THEN I would shut up about it and blame anti-2A terrorists or the boogeyman

I did the same thing to my 870 Wingmaster within a couple of weeks of getting it. Closed my safe door on the stock.

I like the advice I saw somewhere. When you get a new gun, the first thing to do is to bang the stock, so you have your first dent out of the way and can enjoy shooting it.

Call or email Henry. I didnt like the way my fore stock fit when I bought mine, I sent them an e mail and within 3 hours they called me and sent me a new one for nothing. They even paid the shipping. Nice people to talk to, very friendly and concerned about their product. Happy shooting.

Man, then I've got a S&W Model 10 with so much character, it makes The Walking Dead look like Tom and Jerry.

Same here, got one cheap from Buds... mine is definitely a cop gun, its spent more time in a holster than being shot.

If it's a dent and not a scratch: you can try this.

lay a wet paper towel (soaked and 3 or 4 layers) over the dent and hold a hot iron over the spot. The steam will raise the grain and if you're lucky, bring it back to it's original level.

It will need a little very very fine sandpaper (300 or 400 grain) to smooth the raised grain to get it perfect again.

If the steaming and sanding takes of some color, rub a little stain and rub a little poly on it.

I did this on an old Remington 1100 stock I dented about a year ago and you can't find the spot now.

lay a wet paper towel (soaked and 3 or 4 layers) over the dent and hold a hot iron over the spot. The steam will raise the grain and if you're lucky, bring it back to it's original level.

It will need a little very very fine sandpaper (300 or 400 grain) to smooth the raised grain to get it perfect again.

If the steaming and sanding takes of some color, rub a little stain and rub a little poly on it.

I did this on an old Remington 1100 stock I dented about a year ago and you can't find the spot now.

Yep - this works. Sorry to say, I've used this technique a few times.

this.........

If you use a heavy rag and soak it in hot water before using the iron, you may avoid damaging the finish.

Btw, where did you find a golden boy? I've been looking for one, but the people with used ones want my firstborn child for it. :wacko:

They had one in the bass pro shop i went back to today. It was marked at msrp and wanted to buy it. I was informed they wo t sell to out of state buyers but could pay for one, plus a $50 transfer fee plus tax and then they would order one (not ship the one sitting in the store) and have it sent to my fll.

No thanks.