ronhonda

Gunfire and explosions at MIT

Not sure you got my joke... But maybe this will help. All the LE better watch they don't get charged with urinating in public... ;)

I'll bet there are hundreds if not thousands of people relieved. They've been at this non-stop since what, 3 am this morning?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I know, I know, I am about 100 posts late. But anyways...

Interesting, since "man-made global warming" widely lauded as "proven by science"... has been proven a fraud.

I believe I already addressed this.

"You can not understand or agree with science and still be atheist. That would make you an idiot but nobody is arguing that stupidity is a religion."

And listen- I've got no problem with atheists, save one: there's an awful lot of them who seem to forget this country was founded on a freedom OF religion, not a freedom FROM it.

I didn't say I thought you had a problem with atheists. I said that atheism is not a religion. Which it isn't. And besides your cute little picture and some non-sequitur about global warming, you haven't even attempted to say why you think it is. On the other hand you did attempt to point out how wars involving atheists have caused more death than 'religious' wars, which implies that atheism is NOT a religion......

By saying he is critically injured, I hope they are basically just setting up the scenario of him dieing in the hospital. Or better yet, them killing him in the hospital. I really didnt think he was coming out alive. I was rooting for the cops to shoot him to save on the long trial cost and I believe it would of made Boston citizens feel a little better.

I'm sorry. But this celebrating makes me sick.

People died. We don't know if this is over. It could have been a test of our defenses with these two youngsters.

This is a case study in my point about religion. Mob rules. These college students chanting USA, could just as easily be chanting kill them or eat the rich or take their guns. This maudlin display shows the thin veneer of reason in our society. Blood lust will prevail. Burn the witch!

Pathetic.

I agree with the overall sentiment regarding the 'thin veneer of reason', but if these two are indeed responsible for the actions at the marathon....their apprehension is indeed something to celebrate, wouldn't you agree?

It may not be over....but I don't think it's wrong to take solace (for the moment) in the idea that some justice will be served.

I agree with the overall sentiment regarding the 'thin veneer of reason', but if these two are indeed responsible for the actions at the marathon....their apprehension is indeed something to celebrate, wouldn't you agree?

It may not be over....but I don't think it's wrong to take solace (for the moment) in the idea that some justice will be served.

Ok, but with the caveats "only these two" and "for the moment."

I would be more enthusiastic if some adults were there to respect the lives lost and the bravery of the operators. I imagine the scene could be used as "stock footage" for any tournament win for B.U.

What would have happened if we hadn't caught them? Would they riot then? Like they have done after losses?

Still troublesome to me. Catching terrorists is not a video game nor a blood sport. What those revelers saw on tv was, for all intents and purposes, real.

Or conversely, were they just happy to be outside? And if you asked them the purpose of their gathering they would have a hard time answering. Like our "occupy" comrades.

Walt

I'm sorry. But this celebrating makes me sick.

People died. We don't know if this is over. It could have been a test of our defenses with these two youngsters.

This is a case study in my point about religion. Mob rules. These college students chanting USA, could just as easily be chanting kill them or eat the rich or take their guns. This maudlin display shows the thin veneer of reason in our society. Blood lust will prevail. Burn the witch!

Pathetic.

I had the exact same thinking but couldn't articulate as well as you did. I felt the same during the carnival atmosphere after bin laden's death. Unseemly.

I wish the "We're looking for the bomber" thread wasn't locked....that's where this video needed to be...

It doesn't look like there was much of a choice....

Nice, a third party video where nothing can be heard shot from across the street and two houses away. Certainly looks crystal clear to me.