UNDERSCORE

Why do you have firearms?

Because I feel a lot safer knowing that if I hear glass break in the middle of the night and I go to investigate and find someone in my home, the playing field will at least be level (if not to my) advantage regardless of how big he is or if he brought a friend! The same goes for when I travel in my RV.

Because shooting is fun.

Because it's better for protection than a spatula or a dull kitchen knife.

Because it's better for protection than a sharp bowie knife.

Because $&%# New Jersey.

Because $^@% those government d-bags that don't want me to have them.

Because there's nothing like that smell that's all over you when you get through shooting.

And because I can. SHAZAM.

Many reasons.

#1. As many have already stated....because I can, and I also feel partially that it is my duty under the 2nd amendment.

#2. I'm a hunter

#3. Growing up in WV, guns were a way of life and part of my heritage.

#4. It's an investment. Many guns my dad purchased years ago will go today for double the price or more than what he paid for them.

#5. It's a hobby....a great way to keep yourself occupied, especially if you're into reloading.

#6. It's fun making things go boom.

#7. It's a great stress reliever. There's nothing like spending a day at the range solely focused on a single task, forgetting all your worries....very therapeutic.

#8. It's a challenge... it's kind of like golf in respect to the idea that, at the end of the day, you're trying to improve every time out.

Because I hunt and grew up around guns and hunting with my dad

Because I think they're tons of fun and I LOVE to target shoot and I find it to be a great stress reliever

Because I have a technical background and love to tinker with them/see how they work and I also love to reload ammo and make my own custom loads

Because "just in case"! Some day I might need them to protect and/or feed my family

I will say what most will not and who give other reasons that are PC. I like guns. I have always liked guns. When I was a kid my favorite toy was a toy gun. I enlisted in the Army when I was 17 to go to Vietnam and liked it. I have guns for the same reason that primitive man picked up a rock and used it as a weapon. I do not sugar coat it. Look around. Most nations are trying to develop more powerful weapons and finding reasons to use what they have. It is in our nature to use weapons to dominate our surroundings. I am a man and like those before me, I am comforted and protected by my weapons.