Cemeterys Gun Blob

5/02 Gun Control Hearing in Trenton - Post comments here

Woman testifying from Sportsman's Association suggests that FID be linked to photo voter ID, which results in a few cheers.

We have just been cautioned that the next outburst of spontaneous applause will result in expulsions.

Priceless. Progressive hate the truth when their hypocrisy is exposed.

I'm glad to see Norcross forcing Bill focused-testimony from both sides.

Overall, we're still not hitting the crux of TESTIMONY. We need to be talking about specific points, in the specific Bills. A few have done this, but not all.

I've met Nora on several occasions and I like her, but it is true that she is not helping our side in this type of forum. Her approach is more inspirational rally, and not carefully prepared testimony. I certainly agree with her spirit, heart, and basis, but we need to remember that testifying is just that and it's no different than if you were in a court of law.

news article about how today's hearings are going.....

http://www.nj.com/po..._measures.html?

The bill to ban the .50 caliber rifle is the most controversial.

Bryan Miller, executive director of Heeding God’s Call, a faith-based anti gun violence group, said the guns are so large that they can destroy domestic “soft targets” like airliners, rail tankers and refineries.

“They’re incredibly powerful and they have incredible range. There is no reason why anyone should want one, frankly, for civilian purposes and their danger is extreme in a state that is full of the sort of targets that these guns are made specifically to destroy,” Miller said. “One man with one of these guns in 45 seconds could destroy that plant and perhaps kill hundreds of people at once. They are the prefect domestic terrorist weapon.”

:o :o :o :o :o

Scott Bach, executive director of the Association of NJ Rifle and Pistol Clubs, said the Barrett rifle has never been used to commit a crime in New Jersey and that it’s generally owned only by wealthy people like doctors and lawyers.

"I happen to own one. I think Bryan Miller just called me a terrorist,” said Bach.

“One man with one of these guns in 45 seconds could destroy that plant and perhaps kill hundreds of people at once. They are the prefect domestic terrorist weapon.”

Maybe he means this kind of plant? I can see needing a .50 for that.

tumblr_lzgvaeIk2x1r1ur4io1_1280.jpg

UGH! Weinberg thanking everyone for their hard work... What hard work? They've not actually gathered FACTS and the Bills are full of language, typographical, and reference flaws. Now she goes on to spank the NRA about its lobbying, sure the NRA lobbied but Federal LEGISLATORS made the decisions - so it's our fault!?!?! Now talking about instant background checks... HELLO! NJ stop being a POCS with NICS and we are done and a cost SAVINGS to NJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now she's telling us she's going to fight for what she wants... Gee, thanks for hearing the people...

Bryan Miller probably has the biggest tinfoil hat of all... In reality, he is not the ill-informed. He is sly as a fox. He knows how to paint hysteria in the minds of masses who know no better, and becomes the pied piper...

Never underestimate Bryan Miller, he knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

” Miller said. “One man with one of these guns in 45 seconds could destroy that plant and perhaps kill hundreds of people at once. They are the prefect domestic terrorist weapon.”

Yes Mr Miller and could you please show me an example where this happened? Matter of fact, could you please show me where this has been used in a crime in the USA? Also Mr Miller, should we ban Fertilizer, Ammonia, Bleach and a host of hundreds of household items because they could kill 100's of people at once!?

We need to ban jet airplanes because they have killed thousands and thousands of innocent people...way,way more than all rifles combined!!

For those that have called me a "tin foil" hat wearer...I think you need to look at these moronic statements.

Well, no surprise how the Bills are being voted out. Perhaps some sense will be had upon budgetary proportioning review, but I doubt it. There's still a long process to go, and the Assembly could actually stalemate things for awhile since the proclaim they'll not entertain without 10-round mag limit Bills. In any event, I personally feel all will be voted in favor on the floor, and ultimately all will need to be shouldered by the governor in a potential career-killing bundle.

Yeah all the bills are out of committee. They will then go through budget, be debated and reconciled with assembly bills I think. It is far from a done deal.

What we see today could be completely different from what actually passes.

Speaking of which, can some smart assemblyman or senator sneak in a CCW amendment to one of these bills? It could be just a few words and they could just slip it in easily at the last minute. Pretty please? They don't really read the bills apparently and I figure if I'm getting screwed I might as well enjoy it a little.

Christie could fix the CCW problem with a stroke of his pen by changing the "justifiable need" definition in the administrative code. We forget sometimes that absent the justifiable need requirement anyone who passed a background check and the training/qualification requirements could carry. Christie likes to pretend that it's all in the hands of the Democratic legislature. It's not. He could fix it if he had the desire and the cojones. Of course, he has neither.

Yeah all the bills are out of committee. They will then go through budget, be debated and reconciled with assembly bills I think. It is far from a done deal.

What we see today could be completely different from what actually passes.

Speaking of which, can some smart assemblyman or senator sneak in a CCW amendment to one of these bills? It could be just a few words and they could just slip it in easily at the last minute. Pretty please? They don't really read the bills apparently and I figure if I'm getting screwed I might as well enjoy it a little.

Even if it magically happened the state police/firearm unit would simply ignore the law like the 30 day one ... As the woman on the phone made it clear her feelings on that LAW and it seems as that's the new way .. Just like the meetings/hearings etc... Regardless of law or the way the process is supposed to work they all feel as though its all irrelevant ... And " they/their opinions " are the law/way it works... Anyone want to bet against me on every bill passing ... With possibly more crap added ?

Christie could fix the CCW problem with a stroke of his pen by changing the "justifiable need" definition in the administrative code. We forget sometimes that absent the justifiable need requirement anyone who passed a background check and the training/qualification requirements could carry. Christie likes to pretend that it's all in the hands of the Democratic legislature. It's not. He could fix it if he had the desire and the cojones. Of course, he has neither.

I want to think that is true but I suspect it is not.

Justifiable need is already defined by the courts. It is truly "judge made law."

I had taken the days off to come to both hearings this week. After attending the Assembly hearing; where the public was blatantly disrespected followed up by the somewhat improved, but still completely biased and absolutely disheartening action on Tuesday, I took NJ2AS's message that we need to find other means of getting our message across to heart today.

On the one hand, I somewhat agree with Sgt Toadette's post in the 4/29 thread about us doing more harm than good at these hearings. On the other hand, why even have a 'hearing' if the intention is to not hear the public?

While anger really is a useless emotion - in this case it does seem justified.

How can they 'vote' when they had yet to hear the entirety of the public's testimony?

Fact is - they really didn't need to 'vote' at all. Sham. All. The. Way.

So today, rather than attend the 'hearing', I regressed to a philosophy I held very strongly in my younger days. The only vote that matters is the FINANCIAL one. I went out and voted with my WALLET. Bought the wife a Ruger Mk III (maybe she'll have it by Mothers Day- although that's probably a bit too 'instant'), picked up a couple boxes of pigeons. Couple cases of Joe Biden endorsed ammo for the 12 gauge. Got some small pistol primers. Ordered some .223 projectiles from Midway. Did the NRA Round up to the nearest $10. Think I'm going to go put in for some new permits tomorrow, even though at the moment I don't have anything on the wish list. Make 'em work for it ya know.

Every time I hear the anti's talk about the NRA being a multi-billion dollar lobbying machine - I smile inside. A few of the cogs in that machine have my initials on them. They see the power of the financial ballot - and it casts a long shadow of fear into their hearts. They may not understand the Second Amendment, but they understand dollars.

So until we all can vote in the polls in November - let's keep voting with our wallets. Lets see if we can get NICS behind by 48 days! Make em hire more! Create jobs. Buy an American made firearm. If you don't like American guns, buy a foreign one - from your local gun shop! Let's all keep doing our part to perpetuate the ammo shortage! Hoard away Sisters and Brothers! Let's make all the local PD's start buying Airsoft for practice!! Get your friends and neighbors to apply for their FID's. Sign up for a class, clinic or competition! Sign up for two! Buy some reloading supplies. Even if you don't reload, consider it an investment in your future. Send a few bucks to NJ2AS. Buy another cog in the NRA machine!

You can be sure I'll keep writing and faxing and calling and emailing. Even though I know it falls on deaf ears. And I'll vote in November, even though I know my vote is wasted. But what I really need to do is find a way to earn a 'profit or loss' from my activities in the shooting sports, so I can deduct all the above expenses on my tax returns (legally and honestly of course, perhaps I can find an accountant at the range). That's what they understand.

So in lieu of angry testimony today - I bought a gun. I'd strongly encourage any other disheartened pro-2A souls to go out and do the same. Be patient, hoard some ammo, and then enjoy the hell out it at your favorite range. Living well is the best revenge.

So in lieu of angry testimony today - I bought a gun. I'd strongly encourage any other disheartened pro-2A souls to go out and do the same. Be patient, hoard some ammo, and then enjoy the hell out it at your favorite range. Living well is the best revenge.

:standing ovation:

I think I am going to be evil and buy a gun in Pennsylvania. You know, like that woman who said that S2721 will allow us to carry around our guns while we go shopping for a gun in Pennsylvania.

Then again I like to support my local guys - Simon Peter Sport and Skylands. Skylands has supported ANJRPC and NJ2AS with the buses.

I was going to go to this, but after going on Tuesday, I decided that it would only raise my blood pressure. The entire process is a Kangaroo court and a total disgrace. Once Norcross is done banning guns he is going to ban free speech too!

Kangaroo Court- that is exactly right. Which is why I find it puzzling when some of us see the futility in our actions and are called "quitters"... I'm not quitting anything. I'm not quitting buying guns, I'm not quitting buying ammo. I'll keep sending emails and making calls. But to anyone who thinks any of this is making a difference in this state: you're fooling yourself. By the end of the year, most if not all of these bills will go through, with Christie either signing them OR not doing anything, allowing them to simply become law, so he can't take any "official" blame in his future political career, if he doesn't die from a massive heart attack first. This state is a joke. It's about time to live non-compliantly.