tony357

Free Shotguns In NYC Is Going To Make Nanny Bloomberg Spit Bullets

Michael Bloomberg stands by his ludicrous statement that polls show 90% of Americans are for stricter background checks. What he does not tell you, however, is that 100% of New Yorkers like free shotguns. I did my own poll. If he would focus on his constituents a little more, and the rest of the country a little less, he might have known that. Pay attention Bloomberg.

Kyle Coplen, founder of Armed Citizen Project, wants to give New Yorkers a free $200 shotgun and free weapons training if they can pass a background check. Bloomberg is not going to be pleased.

The New York Daily News reports:

Forget gun buybacks — now get ready for a gun giveaway.

The man behind an effort to put free shotguns in the hands of homeowners says he’ll dole them out in the Big Apple by the end of the year — and the lawmen may not be able to stop him.

“We’re coming — and we’re going to get shotguns into the hands of responsible citizens,” said Kyle Coplen, who founded the nonprofit the Armed Citizen Project in January.

“When criminals fear the citizenry, it deters crime,” the 29-year-old added.

His privately funded group wants to give New Yorkers in high-crime areas a $200 shotgun and free weapons training — assuming applicants pass all the legal background checks.

In New York City a shotgun permit is $140 and there is an additional fingerprinting charge of $91.50. Coplen is planning to ask for donations to help those who need assistance.

The Armed Citizen Project is also giving away an AR-15 on May 10th to one lucky winner. Visit their website at www.armedcitizenproject.org. The project was developed to bring responsible gun ownership to high-crime, low-income areas across the country. Here is a quote from their website:

What is the Armed Citizen Project?

The Armed Citizen Project is dedicated to facilitating the arming of law abiding citizens, and analyzing the relationship between increased firearm availability and rates. We are choosing mid-high crime neighborhoods in cities across America, and offering defensive weapons to citizens that can pass a background check, and that will take our safety, legal, and tactical training. The data that we collect will be used in the completion of a policy study that will measure the deterrent effects of firearms on crime.

The Armed Citizen Project will not be stopping with New York. The Huffington Post reported yesterday that ACP wants to arm homeowners and single women in Chicago. The Examiner is reporting that 15 cities have been chosen to start:

The Armed Citizen Project plans to give out free shotguns in 15 cities. CBS News reports on May 6 that the project was announced during a National Rifle Association convention. Kyle Coplen, the founder of the organization, states that background checks will be required for all applicants.

The Armed Citizen Project wants to give away free shotguns and lessons in 15 cities. New York City and Chicago are on the list. The nonprofit organization claims that this will ”deter crime” and has already given out guns in Houston.

Guns.com recently caught up with Armed Citizen Project at the NRA Convention:

Don’t forget, on May 10th Armed Citizen Project will be drawing the lucky winner of the AR-15, laser-engraved with their logo. Check out their site to get registered for that and if it’s in the budget please donate to this wonderful project.

Again the website is at www.armedcitizenproject.org

If anyone happens to talk to Bloomberg today just tell him to breathe slowly and count to ten. He isn’t going to be happy about this. The only thing worse than this would be free Big Gulps.

Hey Bloomberg…Molon Labe!

Correct. You have to pay to exercise your 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 9th Amendment rights (if able to at all), the the 8th and 10th Amendments aren't followed. Don't worry though. You still have a right. I think the 3rd is still mostly intact.

NYC residents must apply for and receive a rifle/shotgun permit from the NYC police department and must register every long gun purchased with said permit with the NYC police department. Purchases are limited to one long gun per ninety day period.

Michael Bloomberg stands by his ludicrous statement that polls show 90% of Americans are for stricter background checks.

just general information, the 90% came from a jan 2013 new york times poll of 1110 people asking 'do you think people should go through a background check to buy a gun at a gunshow.' needless to say, EVERY person who buys ANY gun at ANY gunshow in the country already goes through a background check. so not only are the polls skewed, it shows how blatantly ignorant people are.

That Kyle Coplen should be nominated for sainthood or something similar.

And BTW, why is no one citing this poll showing that 94% are AGAINST background checks or any other new federal laws:

http://www.pbs.org/w...-on-guns/16826/ (You have to click on "View results.")

NYC residents must apply for and receive a rifle/shotgun permit from the NYC police department and must register every long gun purchased with said permit with the NYC police department. Purchases are limited to one long gun per ninety day period.

Not only that but there are specific types of permits. Premises permits allow you to keep one on your premises, at your home. I believe there are target and hunting licenses as well. 

Oh and I don't think they register any rifle or shotgun with more than 5 round capacity. 

Not only that but there are specific types of permits. Premises permits allow you to keep one on your premises, at your home. I believe there are target and hunting licenses as well. 

Oh and I don't think they register any rifle or shotgun with more than 5 round capacity. 

And the "target" permit is only valid for use at a range within NYC. No taking it to NJ to shoot

And the "target" permit is only valid for use at a range within NYC. No taking it to NJ to shoot

So you pretty much have to go to that crappy range on the West side. Ick. 

Not only can't you possess a gun without a license, but you can't shoot one unless you have a license, unless it's a .22 caliber. 

Wouldn't taking it to NJ be covered under 18 U.S.C.A. 926A?  How can NYC say you can't leave the city or state with your property as long as it complies with federal laws?

needless to say, EVERY person who buys ANY gun at ANY gunshow in the country already goes through a background check. so not only are the polls skewed, it shows how blatantly ignorant people are.

This is not accurate. 

If both of us (you and me) are residents of PA and I want to buy your long gun, there's no background check necessary either at a gun show or in the privacy of either of our homes.  If you mean to say that any person who buys a gun at a gun show from a dealer goes through a background check, then your statement above is correct.  I hate when the other side uses fractions of truths.  I strive to not succumb to the same temptations.

If you mean to say that any person who buys a gun at a gun show from a dealer goes through a background check, then your statement above is correct.

obviously thats what i meant.  if its a FTF private sale, it doesnt have to be at a gunshow.  the antis think gunshows are free for alls.