KevD

Why do threads get shut down?

As for the LEO reference in that thread being reasonable... I don't even want to debate this... But no one can seriously be so fearful of the police that they think an empty holster could get them arrested...

I believe it was actually someone who claims to be a police officer who suggested that...just saying.

Sometimes when I'm on my way to this BBS I type in njfunforums.com instead of njgunforums.com.  Then I have to burn myself with a cigarette so I learn not to make that mistake again.  The internet is serious business and we don't have time for this shit.

I'm both curious and scared to go myself, what is njfunforums???

Horse might be dead, but nobody made glue out of him yet.

Seriously, this whole charade can be summed up simply.

- It's not the start of a thread, it's not even necessarily the middle of a thread. It's near the end of it's life cycle and failure to stay on point that ends up the root of the problem! Why doesn't anyone get that?

:facepalm:

Horse might be dead, but nobody made glue out of him yet. Seriously, this whole charade can be summed up simply. - It's not the start of a thread, it's not even necessarily the middle of a thread. It's near the end of it's life cycle and failure to stay on point that ends up the root of the problem! Why doesn't anyone get that? :facepalm:

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HDTypos courtesy Apple...

BUT WHYYYYYYYYY??!?!??!?!!111

Bashing entire groups of people when some of those individuals are members of this forum is unacceptable... Don't you think it gets old to sign onto a forum as LEO every day only to read about how you are such horrible person when they have directly done nothing?

It's unreasonable to allow continuous bashing of people in that way...

It's funny because the only time action is taken is when its about LEO's, but i have seen many a many groups of people bashed as a whole.. take teachers for example, hell how about democrats and liberals.... every thread i have read that had something about teachers took a bashing. Then you have people putting words in others mouths, people purposely fueling the fire to get others to step out of bounds... because we know certain people feel a certain way and we know exactly how to push their buttons... You have both sides going at it, in terms of disrespect, but i generally only see one side get the muzzle. We focus on no LEO bashing which is something i agree with, yet we should focus on simply respecting each other..

the only thing i ask for is a little consistency across the board

It's funny because the only time action is taken is when its about LEO's, but i have seen many a many groups of people bashed as a whole.. take teachers for example, hell how about democrats and liberals.... every thread i have read that had something about teachers took a bashing. Then you have people putting words in others mouths, people purposely fueling the fire to get others to step out of bounds... because we know certain people feel a certain way and we know exactly how to push their buttons... You have both sides going at it, in terms of disrespect, but i generally only see one side get the muzzle. We focus on no LEO bashing which is something i agree with, yet we should focus on simply respecting each other..

You know, I don't disagree with you at all, but, the complaining will still happen.  I've seen threads where people try to step in when people generalize liberals or democrats and such.  All it does is get them called "closet liberals" or "libtards" or their "pussified" or how they're not republican enough.  The mods will just end up being called nazis or communists or whatever the case is.  Its no win really.  

Well said.. And if someone feels this was covered or that its a waste of time.. Feel free not to read the thread.. And i think overall its about respect .. Lets voice our opinions respectfullly not bashing ...just saying...

I dont know how it works where your from but i live in newark, were cops are 95% shit... If you dont agree that is your right .. But it is my right to express how i feel... And i shouldnt be called a clown or a fool over it.... And when the thread was moved there was a conversation going on ... And it was loosely based on the original post....

You talk about respect?

I wasnt bashing anyone... You can try to justify yourself so you can feel better ... But no one said anything far from the truth...

Well said.. And if someone feels this was covered or that its a waste of time.. Feel free not to read the thread.. And i think overall its about respect .. Lets voice our opinions respectfullly not bashing ...just saying...

Hahaha  I love how you get 95% as if its been scientifically proven.  How many officers out of the 218,412 that work in Newark do you know/came in contact with.  

The problem is the attempt to generalize...

If you made a thread about the misconduct of one individual officer as a news point I would not have a thing to say about it...

The problem is the effort to discredit ALL police officers..

Blind hatred based on irrational generalizations are unhealthy... Even look at politicians... Most are awful... But there are a handful that break the stereotype... So you can't really say politicians are the scum of the earth because it generalizes them all as acting the same...

There are some bad police... But twisting every thread into a bash session for every LEO out there is a bunch of BS...

I have no qualms with that at all, but I did create a thread about the Edison cop fiasco (the initial reports where the guy torched his boss's house while they slept), and it was deleted within hours.  That was about one specific cop on a town force that has a long history of behavioral issues.

I don't think that attempts to paint every officer in the state as maniacs.

You talk about respect?

Hahaha I love how you get 95% as if its been scientifically proven. How many officers out of the 218,412 that work in Newark do you know/came in contact with.

I have a restaurant i newark where i have had 3 police parties a year for the last 15 yrs ... Ive met alot... And i didnt disrespect anyone...

I have no qualms with that at all, but I did create a thread about the Edison cop fiasco (the initial reports where the guy torched his boss's house while they slept), and it was deleted within hours. That was about one specific cop on a town force that has a long history of behavioral issues.

I don't think that attempts to paint every officer in the state as maniacs.

I think it was shut down because you led with the cops salary (which had no bearing on the news story) which in turn led the peanut gallery to bemoan how much cops get paid. Just my opinion.

I have a restaurant i newark where i have had 3 police parties a year for the last 15 yrs ... Ive met alot... And i didnt disrespect anyone...

So you're telling me you've had 200,000+ of these cops at your parties and they were all "shit"? Forgive me if I'm skeptical.

As for disrespecting, I think those 200,000 shitty Newark cops may disagree, no?

So you're telling me you've had 200,000+ of these cops at your parties and they were all "shit"? Forgive me if I'm skeptical.

As for disrespecting, I think those 200,000 shitty Newark cops may disagree, no?

I could give a fuck how cops feel because there douchebags just like you

Well there it is. Now you know why your thread is shut down.

I knew why before i open this thread its because moderators on this site are serious LEO sack riders

To the question- why do these threads get shut down? Because there really isnt a warning to let people know that its not a forum in the dictionary sense, a place to exchange ideas, yes its great to exchange gun hobbie conversation but when you discuss anything dealing with democrats, leos, or unions, the wagons circle fast, and its a tight knit group that controls all content. If you dont behave they speed dial each other, you get punished, and a very, very nasty demeaning lecture. I only say this to help insure the civility of future discussions.

To the question- why do these threads get shut down? Because there really isnt a warning to let people know that its not a forum in the dictionary sense, a place to exchange ideas, yes its great to exchange gun hobbie conversation but when you discuss anything dealing with democrats, leos, or unions, the wagons circle fast, and its a tight knit group that controls all content. If you dont behave they speed dial each other, you get punished, and a very, very nasty demeaning lecture. I only say this to help insure the civility of future discussions.

Very true

Point of order: There are around 1000 Newark Cops.

There is a population of 220,000 in Newark and there are roughly 4.5 cops per 1000 residents residents, ranking Newark 6th in the cities with the highest Police to residnet ratio.

Correct. I read the web page wrong.

I knew why before i open this thread its because moderators on this site are serious LEO sack riders

Actually its more like you acting like a petulant child. You've only cemented that in your comments towards me.