Sign in to follow this  
checko

Beer.

Do I have your attention now?   :alcoholic: 

I just wanted to see if anyone has tried Batch 19

Batch-19.jpg

I was in my local liquor retail establishment and decided to try this and the new Third Shift Lagers.  I thought it was pretty cool that they advertised this as a "pre prohibition" style lager, and that they found the recipe in the basement of the brewery.  

I have to say I really like the Batch 19.  I don't mind Third Shift but I prefer my "go to" Yuengling if it came down to it.  

Anyone else?

Never heard of it. What brewery makes it?

Coors I believe. 

Whats the A.C. and what does it compare to?

5.5%  It's a lager in the vein of yeungling but definitely has a distinctive taste.  I'm no beer snob so its hard for me to express in words. 

Do I have your attention now? :alcoholic:

I just wanted to see if anyone has tried Batch 19

Batch-19.jpg

I was in my local liquor retail establishment and decided to try this and the new Third Shift Lagers. I thought it was pretty cool that they advertised this as a "pre prohibition" style lager, and that they found the recipe in the basement of the brewery.

I have to say I really like the Batch 19. I don't mind Third Shift but I prefer my "go to" Yuengling if it came down to it.

Anyone else?

what beer would you compare it to? Like what does it most remind you of? I'm a fan of beer lol but don't like stuff like dogfish

what beer would you compare it to? Like what does it most remind you of? I'm a fan of beer lol but don't like stuff like dogfish

I would say a brooklyn lager/yeungling type.  I'm not one for craft beer (which this isn't) but its got waaaaay more taste than your bud or coors light Bleh.

I work for Coors Light, well the local distributor anyways.  Batch 19 is, from what ive been told, is an unfiltered beer not unlike what they had pre prohibition.  PLENTY of other beers have gone this route and to be honest, unless youre a true beer fan (I mean that you like more than just the Bud, Coors and Miller lines) you arent gonna like it.  It has a heavy, very hoppy taste.  I thought it was ok but not one of my favorites.

Cricket Hill...an NJ brewery, has a summer brew called "Jersey Summer Breakfast Ale"  That is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!  If you like a full flavored, hoppy beer than this is what you need to try.  Trust me!

It has a heavy, very hoppy taste. 

Sounds good....................

I concur with checker50...hard to beat a yuengling.

Tho I wish they didnt get so doggone popular (and more expensive)

It has a heavy, very hoppy taste. 

Sounds good....................

I concur with checker50...hard to beat a yuengling.

Tho I wish they didnt get so doggone popular (and more expensive)

Weird that you would say that.....Yuengling is still less expensive than Coors Light.  I know it used to be stupid cheap but to be honest, it hasnt gone crazy like some other beers have...

Cricket Hill...an NJ brewery, has a summer brew called "Jersey Summer Breakfast Ale"  That is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!  If you like a full flavored, hoppy beer than this is what you need to try.  Trust me!

I've been loving the "Jersey Summer Breakfast Ale". By far the most yeast I've seen in an unfiltered beer but very good flavor.

I work for Coors Light, well the local distributor anyways. Batch 19 is, from what ive been told, is an unfiltered beer not unlike what they had pre prohibition. PLENTY of other beers have gone this route and to be honest, unless youre a true beer fan (I mean that you like more than just the Bud, Coors and Miller lines) you arent gonna like it. It has a heavy, very hoppy taste. I thought it was ok but not one of my favorites.

Cricket Hill...an NJ brewery, has a summer brew called "Jersey Summer Breakfast Ale" That is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! If you like a full flavored, hoppy beer than this is what you need to try. Trust me!

Hub?

I'm a big fan of craft beers. Some of my favorite brewers are in no particular order Troegs, Weyerbacher, Dogfish Head, Rouge, Keenan, Schlafly, Russian River (when I can get some shipped to me) Laguanitas and Founders.

I'm a big fan of any beer aged in wood especially bourbon barrels.

If you want to try some great beer bars hit the Morris Tap and Grill in Randolph or the Copper Mine pub in North Arlington. Both always have an outstanding tap list.

I work for Coors Light, well the local distributor anyways.  Batch 19 is, from what ive been told, is an unfiltered beer not unlike what they had pre prohibition.  PLENTY of other beers have gone this route and to be honest, unless youre a true beer fan (I mean that you like more than just the Bud, Coors and Miller lines) you arent gonna like it.  It has a heavy, very hoppy taste.  I thought it was ok but not one of my favorites.

Have you done their tour?

We go there about once a month.

The rants can be pretty funny if you catch him on a good day.

I just picked up a case of this foul swill.

999673_10200852322144240_350803270_n.jpg

how much .223 and .40 do you want for a six pack. i live in north jersey, but will venture to Philly this summer just to get my hands on it. great beer. if it was socially acceptable i would dab some on my neck before going out to dinner with my wife. imo, a top 10 beer in the world.

I's just plain old mean to show us your Pliny the Elder when we can't get it here. just mean.

As for the taste just think of the best ale you've ever had and multiply by a factor of 10. The sad thing is it doesn't age well so you have to drink it within a few months.

Where do you get pilny the elder?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Straight from the source! I was behind enemy lines in Cali for some training this past week and so while in the area I made a trip up to Santa Rosa to the Russian River brewery for a visit. This is an amazing beer and the best part is that its only $5/bottle from russian river themselves. lol