Donobieus

Need some input please

Hi, I have had my M&P .40 listed here for a couple of weeks but so far no takers, so i listed it on Armslist.  I had an inquiry and I told the potential buyer that it was still available and this is the email reply that i got.  I kinda got a funky feeling from it so I'd like to hear some opinions on it.  Thanx in advance guys!

Hello,

Thanks for your reply concerning my inquiry.. let me know how much you are going to leave the full pack for me...I am quite comfortable with the condition and price of the item but due to the nature of my health, I can not make or receive phone call as I am Impaired. I am also willing to pay for the shipment .. 

I want you to hold it for me before any other interested person. Please provide your full name, Address and your Phone number so that I can send your payment. I will be paying you by Certified check. It will take 2 -3 days for the payment to get to you...As for delivery, I will make arrangements for the pick-up after you have received payment, If this meets your approval, kindly get back to me, as soon as possible, with your name, phone # and mailing address where payment will be sent, so that I can make an arrangement on the Check.

Note: As soon as you have your money in hand, we can talk about the picking up of the item. I would like you to take the posting off armlist today.

I am willing to provide a FFL address to ship to so that you will be sure I am not going to possess it illegally.

You can send text to my phone,I will reply as soon as I get it.

(xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Best Regards,

Allen.

Thats exactly what i was thinking when i read it.....if he's so disabled that he cant take a phone call how the F can brandish a handgun???!!!!  LOL.  Thanx a lot guys for confirming what i already suspected.  Appreciate the quick responses! 

Scam. That check will clear and then about 10 days later you will get a call from the bank that it was a bad check.

Not that im going to sell anything to this guy but just wondering, how can a certified check be bad?  Isnt it already paid for in cash before its issued?

IMO, Sounds and reads like some variation of the Nigerian scam. The English is off too. sounds like a scammer., I had a Scammer or LEO on ARMSLIST  sending me shaddy sh*t and requests, im sticking to local sales only. Good luck.

Not that im going to sell anything to this guy but just wondering, how can a certified check be bad? Isnt it already paid for in cash before its issued?

Somehow these guys do it. They do it on Craig's list all the time. Buy a car from you with a certified check, your bank says its good to go, they pick you car up on a trailer and put it in a shipping container, send it to Africa, your bank calls sometime later saying it was fraud.

Not that im going to sell anything to this guy but just wondering, how can a certified check be bad?  Isnt it already paid for in cash before its issued?

Counterfeit check may not be found out for several days.  Search "counterfeit certified checks" on google.

Too hinky for me. Conflicting statements, shipping directions, etc! He cannot get or make phone calls, but can text? HUH? OK maybe can't speak. I have someone pick it up, no thanks, or I will provide FFL address to ship to. Send me a copy of his FFL and then we'll see (I would verify if FFL is valid and he is willing to accept from individuals). Reverse lookup on cell number will give you Telco that owns number, but who knows where that phone is? It ain't worth losing sleep over.

Keep trying local the fish will bite!

PS. I really don't like Armslist, to many scary stories for my liking.

Counterfeit check may not be found out for several days.  Search "counterfeit certified checks" on google.

you may not find out its bad for up to two weeks.

Do what I do have them send it to 

Herman Munster 

13 13 mockingbird lane Hollywood CA