1LtCAP

warp7, and cherry hill police dept

i dunno if this is the right place for this, but,........

for those of you that don't know, a fellow member here(jim ticcino) owns and operates warp7

now it's time to put out some props.

first off, to jim ticcino, and his company, warp7. jim installed an 8 camera system at my shop recently. i'd not had much chance to mess with it at all, 'cept for knowing it works. i can check the cameras from my phone, or from any computer, and i can access them 24/7. they're IR for night, and it looks like they've got at LEAST a 40ft range in IR mode.

anyway, i had a problem today/yesterday at the shop. one of my customers calls me up, saying his car was keyed. this was right after he'd picked it up, and drove home. i asked him to come back to the shop, and started reviewing the camera recordings on the dvr. it took me only a few minutes to find it, and sure enough i see a guy who was picking up HIS car walk past the car that got keyed, along with 2 others,an 89 jag, 90-someything vw cabriolet, and the chevy of the customer that called me. i was easily able to tell which customer it was by watching.
 i tried to do right by letting him have a chance to own up to it, and called the guy. he tried to play stupid. i told him i have him on video, and he changed from "i didn't do anything" to "oh...i just walked past them to look at them." i told him i had him clear as day on video, and would give him the chance to do the right thing, and come up to the shop, and settle it in person with the owners of the cars. he continued denying it. i gave him one last chance, telling him that if this call ended with anything other than his word to come set things straight, my next call was to the police. he hung up on me.

i called jim, who lives approx 18 or so miles from the shop, and asked him how i get the video off(remember, i hadn't messed with it yet, and he's not had opportunity to go over it with me). after i explained what happened, he told me he'd be right over.

while he was OTW, i gave cherry hill police a call on their non-emergency number a call, explained what happened, and that i'd like an officer to come out to take the reports. as much "cop bashing" as goes on here sometimes, i do have to say, that the first officer arrived in less than 15 minutes. when she got out of her car, i explained what'd happened. by this time, both the car owner, and jim from warp7 were there.

she took all of the pertinent information, then watched the video, as it was recorded on the dvr, before anything got moved onto a thumb drive or dvd. whilst she was watching, a second officer pulled up, who also saw it. both seemed impressed with the video quality of these cameras. both were also, not only VERY professional, but both were VERY VERY nice to deal with.

they did what they could to try to find the guys information today, but kept coming up with blanks.....so they're turning it over to a detective on monday. monday is also when i'm running the video over. these cameras got a dam good picture of the guy doing the deed, ANNND they got a VERY DAM GOOD picture of his face as he approached my office, and as he entered my office.

so while the situation sucked big time........jim ticcino did a friggin wonderful job offering me extra support, that i didn't expect, or think he owed me. the cherry hill police officers that came out to deal with this were nothing short of great to deal with. both jims extra service, and the cherry hill officers kindness, and patience were breaths of fresh air in todays world. i wish more people could be like them all.

jim.....i figure you're probably gonna read this sooner or later, so.......THANKS AGAIN MAN!!

i dunno if this is the right place for this, but,........

for those of you that don't know, a fellow member here(jim ticcino) owns and operates warp7

now it's time to put out some props.

first off, to jim ticcino, and his company, warp7. jim installed an 8 camera system at my shop recently. i'd not had much chance to mess with it at all, 'cept for knowing it works. i can check the cameras from my phone, or from any computer, and i can access them 24/7. they're IR for night, and it looks like they've got at LEAST a 40ft range in IR mode.

anyway, i had a problem today/yesterday at the shop. one of my customers calls me up, saying his car was keyed. this was right after he'd picked it up, and drove home. i asked him to come back to the shop, and started reviewing the camera recordings on the dvr. it took me only a few minutes to find it, and sure enough i see a guy who was picking up HIS car walk past the car that got keyed, along with 2 others,an 89 jag, 90-someything vw cabriolet, and the chevy of the customer that called me. i was easily able to tell which customer it was by watching.

i tried to do right by letting him have a chance to own up to it, and called the guy. he tried to play stupid. i told him i have him on video, and he changed from "i didn't do anything" to "oh...i just walked past them to look at them." i told him i had him clear as day on video, and would give him the chance to do the right thing, and come up to the shop, and settle it in person with the owners of the cars. he continued denying it. i gave him one last chance, telling him that if this call ended with anything other than his word to come set things straight, my next call was to the police. he hung up on me.

i called jim, who lives approx 18 or so miles from the shop, and asked him how i get the video off(remember, i hadn't messed with it yet, and he's not had opportunity to go over it with me). after i explained what happened, he told me he'd be right over.

while he was OTW, i gave cherry hill police a call on their non-emergency number a call, explained what happened, and that i'd like an officer to come out to take the reports. as much "cop bashing" as goes on here sometimes, i do have to say, that the first officer arrived in less than 15 minutes. when she got out of her car, i explained what'd happened. by this time, both the car owner, and jim from warp7 were there.

she took all of the pertinent information, then watched the video, as it was recorded on the dvr, before anything got moved onto a thumb drive or dvd. whilst she was watching, a second officer pulled up, who also saw it. both seemed impressed with the video quality of these cameras. both were also, not only VERY professional, but both were VERY VERY nice to deal with.

they did what they could to try to find the guys information today, but kept coming up with blanks.....so they're turning it over to a detective on monday. monday is also when i'm running the video over. these cameras got a dam good picture of the guy doing the deed, ANNND they got a VERY DAM GOOD picture of his face as he approached my office, and as he entered my office.

so while the situation sucked big time........jim ticcino did a friggin wonderful job offering me extra support, that i didn't expect, or think he owed me. the cherry hill police officers that came out to deal with this were nothing short of great to deal with. both jims extra service, and the cherry hill officers kindness, and patience were breaths of fresh air in todays world. i wish more people could be like them all.

jim.....i figure you're probably gonna read this sooner or later, so.......THANKS AGAIN MAN!!

If you caled him and have his phone # how the hell do you not know who he is ?

I'll never understand how people get off on damaging someone else's property.

me either. i've always felt that if you have a problem with someone, you take it up with them....not someone else, not anyones property.....them.......

it's ok though. he did enough damage that it's a felony, so he's gonna learn that when someone offers you a chance to avoid it, you take it.

if you read my post, you would have seen it was a customer that'd just paid for HIS car.

Ok 1LtCAP - I think what tony meant to say was - if he was your customer, didn't you have his cell AND NAME?  Or was his name an alias and this shitbag is a larger shitbag than just keying several cars?

Ok 1LtCAP - I think what tony meant to say was - if he was your customer, didn't you have his cell AND NAME?  Or was his name an alias and this shitbag is a larger shitbag than just keying several cars?

yea...first off......my apologies to all of ya for that snippy response you quoted. what happened still pisses me off.

he was a first time customer. i have the name he gave me, and the cell phone. it's becoming more and more common for people to give me only a cell phone, as landlines seem to be going the way of points ignitions.

since he was a first time customer, and lives hours away, i (foolishly) didn't bother to enter his address into my computer system. i had ended up with the car, because he bought it from a cherry hill resident. it kicked the alt/ac belt about a month after he bought it, and he had it towed to my shop....more than likely because the former owner of the car lives near my shop.

as for the name.......it appears as if the name may be an alias, although one of the officers did manage to connect the phone number to the name the guy gave me.

i dunno if the guy's been to jail before or not.......but i know he's going for this. i'm figuring min. of $1k for each of those cars to repair properly. my understanding is anything over $500 is a felony?

my main reasons for starting this thread though........to give props to jim at warp7, and even more......to give a GOOD shout about police. we all seem to jump on them when something goes wrong, but no one ever jumps up next to them when they do something good. and like i said, these two officers were actually a pleasure to deal with.

Good stuff. Glad to see a fellow forum member supporting another.

As for the person who keyed the car... Sometimes people get off on causing grief for other people. It's a shame....

yea....in this guys case it's gonna cost him a lot though.......

and since i joined these forums, i've seen a LOT of great people on here, and met a few too. i will support forum or nj2as members whenever i can.

yea...first off......my apologies to all of ya for that snippy response you quoted. what happened still pisses me off.

he was a first time customer. i have the name he gave me, and the cell phone. it's becoming more and more common for people to give me only a cell phone, as landlines seem to be going the way of points ignitions.

since he was a first time customer, and lives hours away, i (foolishly) didn't bother to enter his address into my computer system. i had ended up with the car, because he bought it from a cherry hill resident. it kicked the alt/ac belt about a month after he bought it, and he had it towed to my shop....more than likely because the former owner of the car lives near my shop.

as for the name.......it appears as if the name may be an alias, although one of the officers did manage to connect the phone number to the name the guy gave me.

i dunno if the guy's been to jail before or not.......but i know he's going for this. i'm figuring min. of $1k for each of those cars to repair properly. my understanding is anything over $500 is a felony?

my main reasons for starting this thread though........to give props to jim at warp7, and even more......to give a GOOD shout about police. we all seem to jump on them when something goes wrong, but no one ever jumps up next to them when they do something good. and like i said, these two officers were actually a pleasure to deal with.

It is excellent the cam system picked up all the info needed...

we would also like to hear his reason for keying the cars once he is apprehended..

Being a customers car you worked on i figured you would have his address and full name,  vehicle ID and milage on the car and a plate # to his car also on the work order,,

When i write a work order for a boat i copy the reg #s on the boat, serial # of the hull, ser# of the engine and model, hours on hour gauge if available  home adress and adress where boat is kept. all phone #s and emails..If the boat is on a trailer i copy the plate #.

Helps keep track of customers service and also if their is a problem like a part failure that has to be warrantied you will need the info to file a claim..

Sometimes i do work for another marina that does not do service and getting the peoples info is like pulling teeth, drives me nuts.. I have used computer to look a few people up by ser # of their engine through the manufactures warranty..

I had my 5 month new truck keyed with no recourse. Give that scumbag an extra kick in the balls for me.

sorry to hear abiout that. i don't know how you're not smoking mad over that.

i'm gonna let the police do what they do. considering the damage he did, he's gonna suffer at their hands, and i feel that they can/will do more to him legally than i ever could.

that all said, i called the pd this morning. their greatness is continuing. i explained to them that i'm working alone today, and wouldn't be able to get by the station at a decent hour of the day to drop off the thumb drive with the video of this on it,. they are going to send an officer out to pick it up from me.

for all the bashing we do on police here..........i gotta say, that this is GREAT SERVICE that i am receiving from them.,

Sometimes you get a good bunch. I have a lot of friends who are cops in Galloway and Egg Harbor Township, most of them are very good at their jobs and are not looking to "bust balls".... then there are a few who really "enjoy" their jobs and are the guys who like to give you guff every chance they get..

glad to see things are going in the right direction!

It is excellent the cam system picked up all the info needed...

we would also like to hear his reason for keying the cars once he is apprehended..

Being a customers car you worked on i figured you would have his address and full name,  vehicle ID and milage on the car and a plate # to his car also on the work order,,

When i write a work order for a boat i copy the reg #s on the boat, serial # of the hull, ser# of the engine and model, hours on hour gauge if available  home adress and adress where boat is kept. all phone #s and emails..If the boat is on a trailer i copy the plate #.

Helps keep track of customers service and also if their is a problem like a part failure that has to be warrantied you will need the info to file a claim..

Sometimes i do work for another marina that does not do service and getting the peoples info is like pulling teeth, drives me nuts.. I have used computer to look a few people up by ser # of their engine through the manufactures warranty..

I NORMALLY have everything in a work order. this guy's from a few hours away, and i figured he'd not be back, so i didn't take down everything. he also had a temp tag on the car, which i never enter into my invoicing system. the phone number/name he gave me didn't come back to the officers using their incar computers.

the guy did this for a couple of reasons. first off, he bought a pos. he's pissed at the guy he bought it from, who is local to me. seems pretty stupid, 'cause he made the decision to buy that pos, and no one strongarmed him into it.

secondly, he tried scamming me. he tried telling me that he could pay XX amount, and that the guy that he bought the car from was going to pay the balance. i wouldn't let him do that. i told him that whatever deal he had with that guy, was between those two, and that the work had to be paid in full before i released the car. he tried 2 or 3 times to tell me that the guy he bought it from would pay part, before finally paying me himself.

so in essence, he was pissed off at two people.....me, and the guy he bought the car from. and took out that anger on 2 other people that had nothing to do with it. and now, he's gonna land in the greybar hotel for it.

the worst part, is he was doing it in front of his teenage son. way to teach his kid to be an upstanding citizen, eh?

and since it was your post i got snippy with the other day, i apologize again for that man.

later tonight i'm gonna upload one of the videos to youtube. i'll post it here. i don't think i can get in trouble, as the one i'm thinking of doesn't show his face.....but it would be good to see the quality of the video i think.

sorry to hear abiout that. i don't know how you're not smoking mad over that.

i'm gonna let the police do what they do. considering the damage he did, he's gonna suffer at their hands, and i feel that they can/will do more to him legally than i ever could.

that all said, i called the pd this morning. their greatness is continuing. i explained to them that i'm working alone today, and wouldn't be able to get by the station at a decent hour of the day to drop off the thumb drive with the video of this on it,. they are going to send an officer out to pick it up from me.

I was screaming mad! So loud the security car came cruising over to see what the yelling was. Unfortunatly no cameras to cover where I was parked. The kicker, I was at the hospital after a rough experience with my wife and thats what I came out to. Fugn lowlifes.

for all the bashing we do on police here..........i gotta say, that this is GREAT SERVICE that i am receiving from them.,

i had been in contact wth the guy that sold this schmuck the car, at the request of chpd. they wanted his dl number. the guy texted me the information today, at which point i'd called the detective to relay it.

he'd already gotten the information, including the guys dl picture, which of course matches the guy in the video. he called the guy, and the guy STILL continued to play dumb. it sounds like the guy's gonna get charged with a felony for each of the cars.......

i tried to upload the video to youtube. it uploads, then stalls during processing, then gives me a message that processing failed. i tend to have problemw from this computer on youtube though, so i'm taking the vid home, and gonna try to load it from there......

I have to say that was very nice and generous of you to contact the keyer before contacting the police. 

If I am ever in the same position, I hope that I will have enough maturity and peace of mind to handle the situation in much the same way.

I always think its best to avoid police involvement/arrest records/courts whenever possible, whether its for me or someone else. 

Well done.  Bravo.

I have to say that was very nice and generous of you to contact the keyer before contacting the police. 

If I am ever in the same position, I hope that I will have enough maturity and peace of mind to handle the situation in much the same way.

I always think its best to avoid police involvement/arrest records/courts whenever possible, whether its for me or someone else. 

Well done.  Bravo.

thanks man. i was fighting myself to be nice'ish to him on the phone. i tend to thank my mom, and grandparents when i realize i did something right like this, as they apparently did a pretty darn good job on me....even though i thought i'd come up as a schmuck.

also heard from one of the customers today, who went to give an estimate for his repairs to them, to file with the report. the guy's been charged. it seems with three felonies, due to the cost of repairs. i tried to help him avoid that. he(as mentioned before) hung up on the detective. seems the charges, which require court appearance will be going to him in the mail. if he doesn't show, the arrest warrants issued. and he's still driving on an expired temp tag.

1LtCAP you were more that generous to allow him to man up and pay for the damage he did. The fact the he chose not to take you up on the offer is his problem and he deserves everything he gets which unfortunately probably won't be much.

Norton will not let me dowload the program. says,  not safe norton has removed from the list..?

hhmm....i'll scan it.

i've never been a fan of norton, or mcaffee, and use neither. possibly it's corrupted, but i don't know for sure. like i mentioned, i can't get it to play on this puter.......but i know that the detective was able to play it, as he called me after watching.........

in order to watch the vid you need to download a program from the host, that is what i think norton would not allow..

that may be it.......as it plays perfectly on my machine at work, but i DID get a message about having to download a codec. i'd think it should at that point upload to youtube though.........