Edgeword

Ammunition in stock??

Sorry to bring this up...but I have absolutely had enough of the troubles trying to find ammunition on-line. Is there any local shop in NW Jersey or Eastern PA that has 9mm in stock, in bulk?? If not packaged in bulk, any shops without a one or two box limit? Normal pricing, 22-26 cent per round? If need be, PM.....Thanks in advance for any that may have information!

It seems rifle ammunition has started to level off, but handgun ammo is still flying off the shelves. Almost every shop I visit has a limit on handgun ammo, assuming they even have what you're looking for. You can try Surplus City right across the river, they might get some in bulk. I'd be doubtful, though.

Edgeword,

I agree with the posts above regarding Cabelas.  That's about the best you can do right now.  The Herters is $14 a box if you pick it up, a bit more if shipped.  Online availability is generally better than what you may see at the stores.

The price you listed caught my eye.  If you want factory 9mm now, it will cost more than the "pre-panic" prices you listed in your post.  We may see 22-26 cents a round in 3-6 months but not now

A fair price is about 30 cents a round for target quality factory 9mm (WWB, AE, Blazer, etc). 

I appreciate the replies. Not so much late to the dance, more like a mini perfect storm. A move from a state where I was licensed to carry, could purchase ammunition without any issues, new job AND assuming that this would have calmed down by now! I know the on-line gougers have stock but I will simply not pay their ridiculous prices. Ultimately I am looking for a shop somewhat close to home so I could shop locally.

Sorry to bring this up...but I have absolutely had enough of the troubles trying to find ammunition on-line. Is there any local shop in NW Jersey or Eastern PA that has 9mm in stock, in bulk?? If not packaged in bulk, any shops without a one or two box limit? Normal pricing, 22-26 cent per round? If need be, PM.....Thanks in advance for any that may have information!

There is amo on line all over the place...It will cost you of course...

Start with Sportsman's Guide.....They have a four month pay plan for over $150 :-)...Join thier buyers club and get a few bucks off/box. They send cupons too from time to time....Fast delivery (take the 1$ no Bull insurance).

There is amo on line all over the place...It will cost you of course...

Start with Sportsman's Guide.....They have a four month pay plan for over $150 :-)...Join thier buyers club and get a few bucks off/box. They send cupons too from time to time....Fast delivery (take the 1$ no Bull insurance).

I used to be a member and buy stuff from Sportsman's Guide, but will not support them anymore than I will support Cheaper Than Dirt.

There are many things they won't sell to us here in NJ, from .50 BMG ammo to a frigging little piece of metal used to adjust the front sight of an AR. You know, the AR front sight adjustment tool, that dangerous piece of equipment. F*ck SG, they suck!

I used to be a member and buy stuff from Sportsman's Guide, but will not support them anymore than I will support Cheaper Than Dirt.

There are many things they won't sell to us here in NJ, from .50 BMG ammo to a frigging little piece of metal used to adjust the front sight of an AR. You know, the AR front sight adjustment tool, that dangerous piece of equipment. F*ck SG, they suck!

Up to you Bro - just trying to help...You may want to direct your anger at the Great State of NJ rather than SG though ;-).

If you don't see it on the store shelves ask the salesperson,   I just got back from Florida, and when I was there I went to a Gander Mountain store,  they didn't have any 9mm on the shelf at all ,   the salesman came over and asked if he could help,  when i told him I was looking for 9mm,  he said they have it behind the counter,  I could get 4 boxes,  they don't put it out because people would buy all of it at once.... just for your info...

Just this morning, 350 round bulk 9mm blazer $110.00 (not bad at todays prices)    local Dick's Sporting Goods. Show up @ 8 am or so on delivery days (just call them they will tell you what day the trucks come in....AND sometimes what's coming in),   hang out with some great folks standing in line, doors open @9 walk in and walk out.

Been doing it for several months....every so often they have some high prices (mostly 22lr) but they only charge that when that's what they get charged. I've picked up 1400 round buckets of 22lr for $64.99 at times all this year....... 

Dick's was never my "go to" place for anything until this ammo situation. Because of what they have been charging for ammo when they get it......I have completely changed my attitude towards them and purchase many items from them that I would not have before.

Was at dick's this morning they had 9 MM and 45 auto but now have a 1 box per caliber limit.

I've had luck there but it's best to call and now pretty much worthless.

Did the wait at 8 thing an was very disappointed. Stood in line and all they had was a shoebox of 223 that was gone in minutes.