Sign in to follow this  
Scrappy

Returning to NJ

So I just signed my lease to move back to NJ. I currently live in Manhattan but with a baby due in October the time has come to move back to the State where I was born and raised. My GF and I are moving into a different apartment in the same complex she already lives in.  I am going Friday morning to switch my driver's license over, then straight to the Morristown Police Station to pick up FID and P2P applications.  I don't have a lot of experience with firearms, though I have rented from RTSP a few times and think they're top notch.  I'm an NRA member and will soon be a NJ2A member.  And I look forward to meeting other pro 2nd amendment folks.

Anybody familiar with timing from Morristown?

Thank you.

Jason

Thanks again everyone.  I went to the police station to pick up my application last week.  Getting my finger prints monday.  I was told the fid and p2p should take 30-45 days.  I really hope that's true.

Also, went to RTSP last week and got to use the new section.  Very nice job.  Really enjoyed the climate control ;-) 

Hello and welcome to the forums.  Congrats on the little one on the way!  You should come check out the Shotgun Shoot Out This Saturday in Clinton.  Weather should be great for it!

Any idea what your first firearm purchase will be?  Lots of information on the forums for you to research and lots of people here will give you input/feedback.  Some may even let you check out and 'test drive" their guns if they shot in the same area as yourself!  Plenty of good people here.

Morristown is nice area, you'll like it.  Plenty of restaurants and bars, some arts and plenty of open space around Morris County.  Enjoy!

Is there more info available on the Shotgun Shootout available?  Website?  Not sure I can make it as the little one will be 7 weeks old Saturday.  My plan is to pick up a Glock 19  (i'd prefer used if anyone knows a good place to buy used handguns) as well as either a mossberg 500 or Remington 870 (with  both barrels) and a Ruger 10/22.  I dropped my paperwork off on elevtion day so hopefully I'll have my fid and p2ps back in the next 2-3 weeks.  Wish I had it by black friday.

Thank you.