svt3183

is this a bayonet lug?

i looked at it further and the rails that are supposed to form the T shape of the bayonet lug are ground off so now it is just a piece of rectangular metal.  it cannot hold a bayonet as inteded.  i assume this is technically legal but living in ridiculous NJ i should completely grind off anyway?

a friend of mine who is sort of anti said this when i explained NJ gun laws to him:

"let me get this straight... they want to make sure you can't put a knife on the end of the thing that bullets come out of?!?"

a friend of mine who is sort of anti said this when i explained NJ gun laws to him:

"let me get this straight... they want to make sure you can't put a knife on the end of the thing that bullets come out of?!?"

I just read this post while drinking a root beer! Now A&W is coming out of my nose and is all over my living room! LMFAO :lol:

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

So, what happens if somebody mounts a bayonet ( or just a normal knife) using a Picatinny rail? Do they then declare all rails to be "bayonet lugs", since they COULD be used for that purpose?

Of course, I understand that the point behind the law isn't really prevent the use of bayonets, but rather, to ban certain firearms, which happen to mostly have bayonet mounting lugs. Kind of like, you really want to ban fast cars, but instead just make illegal to have more then 4 cylinders and tires wider then 245mm. It would, indirectly, prohibit most "fast" cars, while having the unintended consequence of also de-facto banning many other vehicle not falling within the original intent.