EWC88

Vacuum input

Well, if you're willing to spend the money, an Electrolux is one of the best you can buy.I think they might have changed the name to "Aero" or something.

I tried selling them for a little while, years ago. I think I sold one or two my whole time. I was very impressed with how they worked, but most of the people they sent me to couldn't afford them.  IF, I had plenty of money to spare, and I wanted the best vacuum I could buy, it would be them. The carpet shampooer was pretty good too, but also pricey.

That's what we got....... 18years ago, as an engagement gift.  Thing is unreal....  but it was huge money.... 

Tried a Dyson for a week. Returned it and bought a Sanitaire. Upright for the rugs, canister for the hardwood. It blows the Dyson away on every level. The vacuum cleaner store near me told us to get the two ......can't do a good job on hardwood with an upright and same goes the other way around. Couldn't be happier and only spent $550 total. Sorry but I think Dyson sucks (and not in the good way).

Thanks guys I'm checking everything out for this purchase. Reason why I was saying no to a dyson was because when I look at the price of how much it costs new I then look at a price of a new gun and my mind just drifts away from the cleaner lol. But I will be checking out all the brands everyone recommends. My buddy has a rainbow that I'm going try out, but want to look at all the other suggestions!

On a related note, I bought the Dyson DC39 from Woot as an impulse buy, but I really don't need it. It's still packed in the box, and I'll sell it for what I paid, which was $219 something (including tax and shipping). Will also consider ammo (mainly 9mm, maybe 22lr or .223) or even possibly a shotgun for trade/partial trade.

On a related note, I bought the Dyson DC39 from Woot as an impulse buy, but I really don't need it. It's still packed in the box, and I'll sell it for what I paid, which was $219 something (including tax and shipping). Will also consider ammo (mainly 9mm, maybe 22lr or .223) or even possibly a shotgun for trade/partial trade.

I might be interested.  Is it the "animal" variant?

We have one of the older versions of the oreck, the "as seen on tv".

My wife had to have it :-(

We have Golden's. With the Oreck dog hair would get in between the beater bar the and the end bearing. Bearing would burn out. With other vacs we had the bearing was easily and inexpensive to replace. With the oreck you have to replace the $45 beater bar.

Any vac with a cloth bag will stink when you store it in the closet with a load of dog hair.

We have tried a lot of vac over the years, you go through them with multiple long hair shedders.

We no have a central vac piped outside. Never go9ing back to a standard vac.

BTW, if the OP wants to try out an oreck -  make an offer, comes with an unused beater bar.