Scorpio64

Greetings from the Jersey Shore

Hello fellow sprostmen (and women).  I'm a life long resident of NJ.  I used to hunt waterfowl and shoot clays a long time ago but stopped in the mid 90's shortly after I got married and had offspring.  As with many others, my renewed interest in firearms and 2A rights reemerged after the Newtown incident.  I am an active participant on another forum that is brand specific but have lurked here from time to time to get the scoop on the NJ scene.

Earlier this year I purchased my first rifle ever, a bolt action 243.  I've been out to the range with it only a couple of times and somehow became adicted to the smell of gunpowder again.  With my new bolt action rifle barely broken in, I'm already looking for another rifle.  In spite of my conservative nature and love for the classic style of wood stocked rifles, I've decided to build an AR platform bang stick.  With NJ's mountain of laws and regulations about firearms these days, it seemed that joing this forum to help circumnavigate the red tape was a good idea.

I've also noticed that my spellcheck does not wok here.  heh.... wok.

Welcome! So these off springs that you speak of have you taken them out yet? Speaking from personal experience, when I have taken my kids out with me it has been some of the most enjoyable times of my life.

Phrasing !!!!   LMAO at that.  Yes, I have given my son plenty of training starting when he was about 10 with an airsoft gun, then when his safety procedure was good he graduated to a pellet gun.  The first time out with my 243 I let him shoot two mags.  His aim was crap but his safety protocol was aces.

EDIT:  Just for the record, my aim was also crap.

Hello fellow sprostmen (and women).  I'm a life long resident of NJ.  I used to hunt waterfowl and shoot clays a long time ago but stopped in the mid 90's shortly after I got married and had offspring.  As with many others, my renewed interest in firearms and 2A rights reemerged after the Newtown incident.  I am an active participant on another forum that is brand specific but have lurked here from time to time to get the scoop on the NJ scene.

Earlier this year I purchased my first rifle ever, a bolt action 243.  I've been out to the range with it only a couple of times and somehow became adicted to the smell of gunpowder again.  With my new bolt action rifle barely broken in, I'm already looking for another rifle.  In spite of my conservative nature and love for the classic style of wood stocked rifles, I've decided to build an AR platform bang stick.  With NJ's mountain of laws and regulations about firearms these days, it seemed that joing this forum to help circumnavigate the red tape was a good idea.

I've also noticed that my spellcheck does not wok here.  heh.... wok.

Welcome to the forum.  Lots of good people here!