Purple Patrick

My first handgun! S&W 686+ content

Is not in my possession yet! But it will be soon.

So after scouring gun broker/ local shops/ this forum, I've found what I'm going to take home soon as my first pistol, a beautiful nib 686+ that within 30 seconds of posting the ad I pmed remixer and said that's mine let me make a deposit! Deposits made and I will be 21 on the 16th, my town turns permits around very fast so I'm hoping to drive down and pick this up within a month.

Here's a pic of the actual gun remixer was kind enough to send me and the holster I just ordered for it which should be here by the time I get the pistol.

I'm very anxious to find some nice bulk ammo and shoot this bad boy! I know I'll love it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

Damn im jealous. .. got permits collecting dust while im on a self imposed spending freeze.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm lucky to have cool parents, my dad gave me some early bday money to put towards this. Now I have to plan out my other 2 permits

An excellent first handgun.....the only issue is how do you top it with the next 2 permits?

Congrats.....

I don't lol I'm looking into getting a 9mm that can take .22lr and a 1911 to round out my collection for now

CZ75B.....or CZ75 SP-01 for the 9mm.....DUH!

For 1911s, I'll let others guide you.

Nice choice for first hamdgun.

Ironically I am a owner of a CZ75b 9mm and just picked up a Colt Government Series70 .45 which I hope to get to the range next Tuesday. It hasn't been fired since the mid 80's so It's going to be a treat.

If the OP is willing, I would be happy to share the experience.

Ironically I am a owner of a CZ75b 9mm and just picked up a Colt Government Series70 .45 which I hope to get to the range next Tuesday. It hasn't been fired since the mid 80's so It's going to be a treat.

If the OP is willing, I would be happy to share the experience.

I am always willing to be the gopher who takes the first shot of a new or old gun! Shoot me a pm and I'll see if we can work out a time and place to shoot.

A cz75b is up there on the list but I've never handled one, only nine of shot is my dad's 226 and a friends px4

Duppie's CZ is a TARGET quality gun, capable of putting several rounds into one ragged hole if the shooter does their part.  You will experience true ergonomics and become spoiled, since no other semi-auto has the same feel or angle to the barrel as a CZ!  

Great choice for a first handgun.  They are, shockingly, addictive.  I have been very slowly adding to my collection of wheel guns of late and am constantly on the lookout for the next one.  Enjoy it.

C

Duppie's CZ is a TARGET quality gun, capable of putting several rounds into one ragged hole if the shooter does their part.  You will experience true ergonomics and become spoiled, since no other semi-auto has the same feel or angle to the barrel as a CZ!  

I'm with you 100%.  I thought I loved my Beretta 92FS, until I bought a CZ-75B.  I like my CZ so much, I bought a second one that had a bunch of work done on it by the CZ custom shop.

+1

We need to make you revolver savvy. First of all: Pistol = Semi-auto.

Second, when you ordered the holster, did you specify, or did they have a selection for the 686+, the "plus" being the relevant part. On closely boned leather holsters or on kydex holsters that are molded, holsters made for 6-shot 686's will not fit 7-shot 686's because the cylinder flutes are placed differently.

Third: Do you really want an IWB holster for an L-frame revolver? No personal experience with that particular set-up, but I have carried a lot of guns in a lot of different rigs over my lifetime and that sure doesn't look like the recipe for comfort - but to each his own. We all have a drawer full of holsters that accumulate until we figure out what works.

Otherwise, congrats on picking a great first gun - one that will serve you the rest of your life - or at least until you are as old as I am ;)

Adios,

Pizza Bob

We need to make you revolver savvy. First of all: Pistol = Semi-auto.

Second, when you ordered the holster, did you specify, or did they have a selection for the 686+, the "plus" being the relevant part. On closely boned leather holsters or on kydex holsters that are molded, holsters made for 6-shot 686's will not fit 7-shot 686's because the cylinder flutes are placed differently.

Third: Do you really want an IWB holster for an L-frame revolver? No personal experience with that particular set-up, but I have carried a lot of guns in a lot of different rigs over my lifetime and that sure doesn't look like the recipe for comfort - but to each his own. We all have a drawer full of holsters that accumulate until we figure out what works.

Otherwise, congrats on picking a great first gun - one that will serve you the rest of your life - or at least until you are as old as I am ;)

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Any time you want to take a future wheel gunner out I'll make myself available:)

Online it seems their holster will fit the plus but I didn't specify. Worst comes to worst I can get a replacement kydex, that holster fits any pistol you just need the supporting kydex.

I've never carried any handgun but if and when I do it will be iwb. I understand it's a large gun but I'm a pretty big guy. Just got a physical this morning I'm 6'3" 226lbs so I thing I could conceal it well :)