Danno

CJR&PC now with Mag limits!!

I was shooting trap/skeet at CJ today using my Clay Delay. I was having a little trouble with it (dead battery) and standing at one of the trap spots trying to figure it out. A truck pulls up and waves me over. I walk over to the truck and one of the board members is in it. The first thing he says to me is "You know you can only have two rounds in that gun.". I said really since when? He said it going to be in the new rules. I was about to ask what the reasoning was but just said yeah okay and let him go. I was alone and using a pump gun. Any other members hear about this? Have Libtards taken over the Board? I know that the Fuds pretty much run the club but didn't we all just fight against this sort of thing. 

Cherry Ridge and all of its ridiculous rules and busybodies is why I never joined.   And now this one...

Before everyone starts raging, you can just contact the board members and ask. You never know when something gets misunderstood along the way. For example he might have been saying that the rules for skeet/clays/whatever matches now require a maximum of 2 rounds in the gun, and nothing to do with any limits for general usage.

The board contact information is on the club website. Use it.

I believe it would have to go to a vote, the club is owned by all the members and the board members would not be able to pass that rule without a majority of membership approval. Unless it became some sort of Jackson township regulation or state mandate I dont see how it could happen, and if it came down the pipe that way it would be in our monthly news flyer.

How many targets were you shooting at? this is from their website rules page....

TRAP AND SKEET RANGE RULES

1. ALL GENERAL RANGE AND SAFETY RULES APPLY.
  2. Member supplied hand and mobile traps will be used in the area to the left of the trap house. All shooting is to be done toward the present impact area.
  3. No rifles or pistols are to be used on the trap field.
  4. No shot larger than #7 1/2 will be used on the trap or sheet ranges.
  5. Patterning of shotguns must be done on the provided patterning board located along side the No.1 pit
  6. Spent hulls and other trash are to be removed from the range when shooting is finished. Unexpended ammunition is not to be left on club property.
  7. Eye protection is required and ear protection is strongly recommended for shooter and observers.
  8. Flatten and place all empty cardboard boxes in the CARDBOARD-ONLY dumpster next to the birdhouse.
  9. Members who request use of power clay target machines must attend an orientation to be granted access. Under no circumstances shall a member adjust, modify or attempt to repair any club machine.
  10. You must not load with more rounds than the number of targets that are being fired at.

2 rounds is the norm when skeet or trap shooting the reason the over under is the norm for this event,  among friends when skeet shooting you may have a outside rule change to allow more than 2..  

competitively you may only have 2. 

This is typical for most trap/skeet ranges as this is how trap/skeet is "played".

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Although I'm not a member, I've been a Guest a time or three to the CJ Trap Ranges.  This "Rule" is common sense and has been in-place for as long as I can remember at EVERY Club I've ever shot at that has traditional Trap and Skeet machines.  The rule is intended to provide a common level of SAFETY, since most clay bird throwers (even the $600 Lincoln brand) can't accommodate more than two clays at a time (shooting doubles).  What the rule effectively does is render the gun unable to fire (after two ignitions), so IF a machine jams, someone isn't leaning/leaving a LOADED firearm unattended (especially if shooting alone with a delay machine) while working to clear the broken bird(s) from an electro-mechanical thrower.  Pump action guns are great (I use a pump at Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays which also has the 2-shell rule), and for that matter so are semi's, but some shooters get lazy when it comes to SAFETY, so rules are in-place to prevent idiots from putting a 10-round tube on their shotty and leaving 8 or 9 rounds in the gun while they clear a jam.  Can some folks who ARE SAFE operate their guns with 10 rounds in the tube?  YES, of course they can!  But unfortunately rules are written for the lowest common denominator--the LAZY Shooter--who doesn't want to stroke 4-9 rounds onto the ground and have to bend-over to pick them up and wipe them off.........

Not everybody is a Tom Knapp kinda guy.......

Just my 2 cents.

Dave

NRA CRSO

Shotgun Competitor and Instructor