deerpark

Speeding tickets issued on the highway are stupid.

Whether its 295, the Turnpike, the Garden State Parking Lot, 287, wherever. 

First of all, its completely arbitrary because 95% of drivers are speeding. 

Given, some are worse than others but pretty much anyone can be stopped and ticketed.

Should do an experiment. 

Starting at Exit 1 heading north, get 3 buddies to drive 55/65 mph on the turnpike in each lane.  Friggin traffic would be backed up the entire length of the turnpike. 

What are they gonna do, ticket you for driving the limit!?

Each lane should have a different speed limit. Right lane is 65 or less, middle 65-75, left lane no limit but you must move over if someone flashes to pass you, if you don't move over immediate license suspension. NJ highway Traffic issues solved.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Each lane should have a different speed limit. Right lane is 65 or less, middle 65-75, left lane no limit but you must move over if someone flashes to pass you, if you don't move over immediate license suspension. NJ highway Traffic issues solved.

Until some dumb ass 18 yr old loses it going a buck-20 and causes a multi car pileup backing up traffic for 5 miles while they scrap his face off the mini van he plowed into.

ve been saying this for like 25 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent idea. Maybe 85 in the left though, cause let's face it - most people just don't have common sense and would prob drive way over their heads.

Whether its 295, the Turnpike, the Garden State Parking Lot, 287, wherever. 

First of all, its completely arbitrary because 95% of drivers are speeding. 

Given, some are worse than others but pretty much anyone can be stopped and ticketed.

Should do an experiment. 

Starting at Exit 1 heading north, get 3 buddies to drive 55/65 mph on the turnpike in each lane.  Friggin traffic would be backed up the entire length of the turnpike. 

What are they gonna do, ticket you for driving the limit!?

I received a "holding up traffic" ticket for doing 80 in a 65. 

I agree on the no speed limit in left lane thing.  I also hate that some car manufacturers put a speed governor on the car based on the crappy OE tires...despite the fact that my replacement "winter" tires are rated for 149, and summers 168.  Not that I hit 130 all that often, but I hate being limited...especially after having an ungoverned car before this...

This state has the worst drivers I've encountered...believe me when I say that removing the speed limit from even one lane would end badly.

Sorry Connecticut has the worst drivers I've ever seen.

New Jersey however has the poorest road signage.

Yup these tickets are just to raise revenue not for safety.  If they really cared about safety they would pass a law that it is illegal to pass a patrol car with its lights on and just have them drive that way on the highways at 55 mph - all speeding just solved.

Sorry Connecticut has the worst drivers I've ever seen.

New Jersey however has the poorest road signage.

PA has some awful signage AND drivers....

"oh I just turned into your lane... Ill put my turn signal on now.... just to confuse you more.. because the turn signal that is on now is NOT indicating that I am turning at the intersection coming up it is indicating that I just turned in front of you... I will turn it back off after we go through the intersection"

a sign I see often in PA...

"caution aggressive driving area"

in other words.. people that drive here.. they drive like assholes.... we are not going to try to stop it.. instead we just figured we would give you a heads up...

I like this one as well...

"a lot of people drive drunk and crash here... get over it and be careful.. "

wpid13788-2013-07-01-pa-1010856.jpg?w=20

All drivers everywhere suck.  I think the slow driver in front of me sucks for going slow, the slow asshole in front of me thinks I suck cause I want to go fast.  Everyone on their damned phones needs to get off the road, maybe into a ditch so they learn.  Worst of all are the indecisive/timid/afraid drivers who can't make up their mind about turning left OR right, so they just randomly stop for no reason, or plod along doing 20 under the limit.

I travel a four lane highway several times a week with a speed limit of 65. I go 70, but would guess that the average speed is about 80+. I have never seen a car stop on this roadway. Of course, there is at least one fatality a day, but I contribute that to the 12 year license.

PA has some awful signage AND drivers....

"oh I just turned into your lane... Ill put my turn signal on now.... just to confuse you more.. because the turn signal that is on now is NOT indicating that I am turning at the intersection coming up it is indicating that I just turned in front of you... I will turn it back off after we go through the intersection"

a sign I see often in PA...

"caution aggressive driving area"

in other words.. people that drive here.. they drive like assholes.... we are not going to try to stop it.. instead we just figured we would give you a heads up...

I like this one as well...

"a lot of people drive drunk and crash here... get over it and be careful.. "

wpid13788-2013-07-01-pa-1010856.jpg?w=20

PA drivers can be pretty aggressive. The signage on the other hand... while I've seen some weird ones when I've driven in PA, as someone who doesn't travel all that often there, I found the signs easier to read and better placed than signage in NJ. I felt as if it guided me to the correct lane or exit much better than signs do in NJ.

All drivers everywhere suck.  I think the slow driver in front of me sucks for going slow, the slow asshole in front of me thinks I suck cause I want to go fast.  Everyone on their damned phones needs to get off the road, maybe into a ditch so they learn.  Worst of all are the indecisive/timid/afraid drivers who can't make up their mind about turning left OR right, so they just randomly stop for no reason, or plod along doing 20 under the limit.

Well put.

Let's give special mention to the fine folks of VA and MD for their driving uhhhh abilities? Those of us that have ever spent time on the beltway know what I mean.

Until some dumb ass 18 yr old loses it going a buck-20 and causes a multi car pileup backing up traffic for 5 miles while they scrap his face off the mini van he plowed into.

that happens with or without a sign that says "speed limit 65 mph". My idea just eliminates the guy that can drive 80mph safely from receiving a summons in the name of "safety". It works in Germany on the Autobahn. Granted Germans are not New Jerseyans.

So we should make it legal just cause it happens?

Its not legal to crash your vehicle into another car wether your doing the speed limit or exceeding it. Im not saying we should make crashing legal.

We should remove the left lane speed limit because there are people capable of driving faster than the posted speed limit safely. And like I said earlier, there isn't a sign on earth, or a ticket from a book that will stop an A-hole kid from running his Subaru WRX down the road at 120 if he wants to.

How about that you need to have qualifications to drive in the "faster" lanes? You get caught driving in the faster lanes, without proper qualification levels, you get your license suspended (and a fine to make the money that they are relying upon).

If you want to drive fast do an event at New Jersey Motor Sports Park in Millville. Do an event with PDA or some other club there. Most cars can easily do in excess of 100 on the straights. Most tracks my car does just a little over 140 before I need to brake hard to make the turn, which can be anywhere from 40 to 100 mph depending on the tracks specific turn. It is much safer doing this on a track where everyone is going in the same direction and have good run-off areas, but keep in mind that you can still easily total your car if you do something really stupid!

Generally I tend to agree with the idea of removing speed limits - It's both a pleasure AND a convenience. I could not believe my eyes when I made it from Austrian border to Munich in less than an hour. Doing 200kmh (~125mph) in a new Audi is a real pleasure, but a quite expensive one - fuel mileage sucks at speeds that high. (But doing 200 in a second left lane watching some Aston Martin passing next to you on the left and disappearing in 10 seconds is just priceless, LOL).

At the same time I tend to disagree about most of NJ highways, especially GSP around Newark. 55mph there is just fine for the amount of roadwork being done there all the time. I've never been impressed by Turnpike as well...

And... just as a sidenote to whoever complains about NJ traffic - if you ever happen to be in Russia, give it a try to drive there in a rush hour, especially in Moscow region :) Believe me, after several years of driving there you see all NJ and even Brooklyn drivers as nicest and kindest guys on earth with superb driving skills :-) (I heard it's even funnier in some Asian countries and in India, but I've never had a chance to try).

Sounds like someone got a ticket for speeding.... :rolleyes:

sounds about right...

right, we can't even get people to use their turn signals when changing lanes,..

How about that you need to have qualifications to drive in the "faster" lanes? You get caught driving in the faster lanes, without proper qualification levels, you get your license suspended (and a fine to make the money that they are relying upon).

sure, more NJ DMV regs sounds great....

I received a "holding up traffic" ticket for doing 80 in a 65. 

I agree on the no speed limit in left lane thing.  I also hate that some car manufacturers put a speed governor on the car based on the crappy OE tires...despite the fact that my replacement "winter" tires are rated for 149, and summers 168.  Not that I hit 130 all that often, but I hate being limited...especially after having an ungoverned car before this...

Wait, you were doing 80 in a 65 and got a ticket for essentially going too slow? 

This is one of my favorite, absolutely true stories:

On the same day. Me on 80 my biddy on 287.

Both of us doing about 15 over.

Both going with traffic.

Both come upon a statey in the median.

I keep going.

He hits the brakes.

We both get tickets.

I was ticketed "because you didn't show me respect by not slowing down"

He got his ticket "because you tried to fool me by slowing down"

Swear to god this happened.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk