mipafox

This Weekend - Storm of the Century?

You only plow for 8 hours!?  When I used to do it (my whole life up til 3 years ago) it was more like 20 hours...or more.  I hate plows, plowing, shoveling,basically anything to do with snow removal.  You guys that plow can keep it!  I only buy vehicles that can drive through 18"+ beacuse I am not gonna be the one to remove it! 

Ken

I'm there now --  I've been plowing since I was 17 and I'm tired -- Coming up on 28 years now

Thing is, I've been "essential personnel" for so long I don't know how to get out of it

I can tell you where I've been for every snow event in northern middlesex county for the past 28 years  

heres a little plowing  funny http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fea_1391656166

State, town , and county plows are protected --  you can't sue them -- 101.5 had an hour on that yesterday -- actually had a homeowner who's windows where broken on their house from that exact scenario --  county road, county truck,   too bad --  board up your windows in winter or move your house

Now that driver I bet could be sued --  what he did was uncalled for and dangerous --  good luck finding the driver

I'd be arrested if I did that.

State, town , and county plows are protected --  you can't sue them -- 101.5 had an hour on that yesterday -- actually had a homeowner who's windows where broken on their house from that exact scenario --  county road, county truck,   too bad --  board up your windows in winter or move your house

Now that driver I bet could be sued --  what he did was uncalled for and dangerous --  good luck finding the driver

I'd be arrested if I did that.

The street that I live on goes from one lane in front of my house, to two just beyond it.  The plows are constantly cutting up the edge of my yard as they cut short to start plowing that second lane.  Even when I mark it, they just plow the markers over.

Right now I probably have a 3' section that runs half the length of my property line that has been scraped down to dirt and all the sod and soil are blown 5-6' into my property.  While it's just annoying because it doesn't look good.. it also impacts run off.  I've found that rain run-off is now further under cutting my grass and the rest of my property since they've removed so much soil from the edge.

We are now getting a lot of angry homeowners trying to yell at us. It's not smart. We just get on the radios and everyone drives by dumping as much snow as possible in the driveway.

Be nice to the plow guys! Get them a coffee or snack. They will remember it for years. They might even plow your driveway.

We are now getting a lot of angry homeowners trying to yell at us. It's not smart. We just get on the radios and everyone drives by dumping as much snow as possible in the driveway.

Be nice to the plow guys! Get them a coffee or snack. They will remember it for years. They might even plow your driveway.

fugg that.

I can't wait outside all morning for you to come by so I get you when you are malingering at the stop and robs.

Have you tried to figure out why they are angry? Is it because you plow up their property instead of the road?

Since when has it been a good idea to feed the bully?

The street that I live on goes from one lane in front of my house, to two just beyond it.  The plows are constantly cutting up the edge of my yard as they cut short to start plowing that second lane.  Even when I mark it, they just plow the markers over.

Right now I probably have a 3' section that runs half the length of my property line that has been scraped down to dirt and all the sod and soil are blown 5-6' into my property.  While it's just annoying because it doesn't look good.. it also impacts run off.  I've found that rain run-off is now further under cutting my grass and the rest of my property since they've removed so much soil from the edge.

An 8inch diameter bollard filled with cement, down about 5 feet will stop that.

As will a guard rail.  Go to your town council meeting...

I wasnt suggesting a concealed bollard, just that for a few hundred bucks, a shovel and some time, the issue is settled. You dont have to rely on anyone else or beg your town and wait two years.

Have you tried to figure out why they are angry? Is it because you plow up their property instead of the road?

Since when has it been a good idea to feed the bully?

They get mad because they clean the driveway and when we drive by again snow dumps back on the edge of the driveway. Bully?

Large rocks stops that problem also worked on my front yard. Not so much for the plow trucks. But for the cars crashing into my yard. I live on a curve in the road. People drive too fast and used to wind up on my lawn. Its amazing what 30 tandem loads of fill and boulders can stop. Now they hit the wall I built and total their cars, while I laugh from the window.

If I requested/demanded the town build a guard rail and someone hit it and ran it would be my responsibility to fix it. Fugg that. If the town just decides to put one in on their own they take care of it. So I made my own out of mother nature. Looks better than a steel guard rail anyway.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Getting a bunch of other drivers to gang up and dump as much as possible on their driveway is bullying.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Some could argue that point and call it "networking" :lol:

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Getting a bunch of other drivers to gang up and dump as much as possible on their driveway is bullying.

I agree. Using your position of power against those who oppose or defy you. Sounds like another group so many people on here complain about

They get mad because they clean the driveway and when we drive by again snow dumps back on the edge of the driveway.

Well that's stupid of them. And if they care that much they can clear about 20 feet along the edge of the road on the up-road side. Wouldn't take much work at all. Maybe whomever they are complaining to should suggest that.

But you're still acting like a jerk.

That is obviously never going to work.

The question is whether you should call for a group to upset the guy even more for expressing his annoyance that you have just undone in seconds with your plough what he has taken many times longer to do by hand. Plus he's going to have to do it again and again. If you take pleasure in that I feel sorry for you.

heres a little plowing  funny http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fea_1391656166

WOW that driver gave 0 in the way of fucks about that guy just walking. If you know your plow isn't pushing but freaken hurling snow off of it and someone is walking by that you could potentially hurt, wouldn't it be smart to just slow down or stop for two seconds to let them pass safely? Its not like a motorist splashing someone on the side of the road from a puddle in the road. That truck is straight up hurling snow and any other debre on the road at near by pedestrians.

Yeah, okay. And when the snow doesn't fall, the town can break its own windows and hire you to clean it up.....

What the hell are you talking about?

When it doesn't snow, that truck gets parked in my backyard. The plow goes on in November, and I remove it in March or April. I use it as a backup truck during the summer months.