Clintoon Eastwood

Damn it Glock 42 (not a review)

Let start this by saying why the hell isn't it a 9mm?

I handled one at a LGS and I fell in love at first GLOCK. But I am not a glock fan because of its trigger safety and my hand size. The g42 was perfect in my hand and I was really interested on buying one. I just couldn't see myself stocking up on another caliber and I'm already in love with the 9mm caliber.

I just don't see any reason why glock would just release a 380 and not even say if they are making a 9mm.

Only reason I see why they released a 380 is to attract females to carry? (Ruffle some feathers yet?)

The g42 would have left with me and would have been my first glock, but damn glock company had to release it in 380.

Ok that's enough of my venting, I need a drink

I held the 42 a few weeks ago at shore shot, felt great. I agree that hopefully the 9mm comes out soon.

Definitely looking for a thin single stack to burn with my current permit.

cant get it without the safety. No good.

The safety is not some external thumb safety.  Once you click it into off position it's not going to snag on anything and turn on by mistake.  If you put one in the chamber and the safety is off, better believe the weapon is hot.

Like all of us, I got caught up reading the hype, and I can think of two reasons.

First, .380 firearms are still huge seller, like the Ruger LCP. There is a lot of demand for the caliber - regardless of my own or your opinion on the viability of the .380 for defense (I'll stay out of that debate). Also, I've read that some departments place caliber restrictions on back up guns - they might be going after police money.

Second, Glock already  as a small 9mm. No, it's not "single-stack," but I think that's just a marketing term (Mr. Colion Noir wrote a great summary here. "Very, very, very, rarely am I able to carry the Shield and not the Glock [26].") Their market research probably shows anyone looking for a sub-compact 9 and likes Glock already owns a 26 - and Glock doesn't want the two to compete, as the 26 is already the primary competition for the XDs and Shield.

Are they leaving money on the table? Maybe, maybe not. But Glock is a special company; they do things their own way, and it works for them. Anyway, my $0.02.

I was doing some light reading and supposedly the single stack 9 in in the very near future.

But will be out in the next 60 days before my permit expires again? :)

What's wrong with the trigger safety? When you fire the gun you don't even know the safety is there.

It doesn't feel right to me. The g26 trigger safety was bothering me a whole lot when shooting it.

Stop ur whining and get a Smith Shield 9mm.

Not everybody wants to be like THE MATRIX

Because they want you to buy a 380 first and then buy the 9 like the poster above said. Sig did the same. P238 in 380' and then p938 in 9mm

very true, but that's not what I want. Eventhough p238 shoots better than the p938, my problem is another caliber. Too many calibers to hoard, just can't do it.

Would folks still buy G26's if a single stack 9mm were offered?

A slim 9x19 glock would sell like crazy, but I also think it'd hurt sales of the 26, which Glock may not want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been asking myself lately, if a subcompact single stack Glock 9mm existed would I prefer it over the 26? I think my main concern would be the lower capacity of the single stack. The 26 may not be the smallest package around but I think it packs a pretty good punch for it's size and I'm not sure how a single stack would compare in that regard.

I think GLOCK will come out with a single stack 9mm.  I'm a dyed in the wool GLOCKinista and own a Kahr PW9.

I decided that 9mm is my minimum carry caliber and yes I have a G26 but it's too fat.

The Kahr internally is very similar to the GLOCK. and is much thinner and lighter.

True it's only 6 rounds but that's OK.  (I won't use the 7 rd mag due to possible reliability issues)

If GLOCK made a PM9 sized single stack I'd be in line for one.