ryan_j

Tired of permit delays and other shenanigans? ANJRPC has the answer.

http://www.anjrpc.org/?page=A_Strikeforce

They launched a new project called Strikeforce. They are going to serve legal notice to local PDs and NJSP and even sue departments who do not comply.

I guess it's like NJ2AS Operation Establish Compliance but this seems more aggressive.

But in the end I don't care who does it, only that they do. 

Yes, form 212a i believe. I used this method on 1/18. Worked flawless and it was NJSP. They are already contacting my references versus my initial ID it took them 4 months to contact them. Something is faster andn in could very well be the online background check. One less clerical thing for them to take a month to do, you can do it yourself in 10 minutes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I think it's great that groups like ANJRPC and NJ2AS are doing things like this.  But in reality, all they are accomplishing is insisting that the state adhere to the rules they have set for the draconian restrictions that they have placed on us; while the antis continue to tighten the noose with ever-increasing infringements.  Even if the legislature only pushes through a couple of new anti-2A laws a year, more rights are taken away, and few, if any, are ever given back.

I think it's great that groups like ANJRPC and NJ2AS are doing things like this. But in reality, all they are accomplishing is insisting that the state adhere to the rules they have set for the draconian restrictions that they have placed on us; while the antis continue to tighten the noose with ever-increasing infringements. Even if the legislature only pushes through a couple of new anti-2A laws a year, more rights are taken away, and few, if any, are ever given back.

Would you rather we all sit idly by and allow them to abuse the system they put in place while we quietly suffer? Or should we raise Hell and go down swinging, kicking, and screaming?

I think it's great that groups like ANJRPC and NJ2AS are doing things like this.  But in reality, all they are accomplishing is insisting that the state adhere to the rules they have set for the draconian restrictions that they have placed on us; while the antis continue to tighten the noose with ever-increasing infringements.  Even if the legislature only pushes through a couple of new anti-2A laws a year, more rights are taken away, and few, if any, are ever given back.

Scott Bach explained it on this week's GFH Radio.

Step 1 is to get info on abuses of the permit process. Scott says a ton of them have poured in since the program was initiated.

Step 2 is to put towns on notice that they need to comply with the law. They will send a legal notice to them.

Step 3 is to start suing towns that don't comply. 

He also said that the past court decision that allowed towns to skirt the 30 day limit is bogus. 

Are they suing any of them yet?? Or is this just another we taught them by giving them a stern warning?

The courts are the only thing some of these towns fear. It outlasts new mayors and Police chiefs.

Lawsuits to come. Towns get a legal notice first. All 566 of them and NJSP. 

Would you rather we all sit idly by and allow them to abuse the system they put in place while we quietly suffer? Or should we raise Hell and go down swinging, kicking, and screaming?

I agree with what you are saying, but want to put a finer point on it.

1.) Our 2A Rights must be clarified and defended within the framework of the law and current practice and political climate.

2.) Our best defense is a strong Offense. Such and Offense has been missing in NJ until the past couple of years.

3.) One must play the VERY long game here and see the situation in the context of a multi-decade outcome. At a minimum, today our effort should be defend and extend the current laws the recognize and support our rights. Getting compliance with existing law may take years but it is worth it as it will set the ground work for the larger more significant changes we desire.  The Second part is to continue to litigate the restoration rights impinged by existing laws, third is work the political climate to find more 2A support in the legislators and administrators of the government.

One of the problems we have in the state is that the politicians have no pressure on them to support 2A rights, only changing the legal and political calculus will we be able to change the politicians.  Most people get it backwards, generally the political climate of a state or country is a reflection of the mood/convictions of the populous, it only changes AFTER, the people change, and that is what need to do.

Recalls, etc. are longshots today, but they can only be seen as skirmishes in the context of the overall war to change hearts, minds and the legal climate. This ANJRPC effort is where things actually happen in conjunction today with the federal lawsuits.

The NJ2AS has already been doing this. This is where the ANJRPC got the idea from. Every town we have dealt with so far has complied. Not sure how this is any different. It's called OEC. Operation establish compliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a supporter of both organizations (and all organizations that fight for our 2A Civil Rights), so i'll just say that more local organizations putting towns and NJSP on legal notice is a GOOD thing. It means that there are lots of voices and they can't just keep on flouting the law.

The NJ2AS has already been doing this. This is where the ANJRPC got the idea from. Every town we have dealt with so far has complied. Not sure how this is any different. It's called OEC. Operation establish compliance.

Do you talk to each other to coordinate activities and avoid duplication of efforts ?

Do you talk to each other to coordinate activities and avoid duplication of efforts ?

We are in contact. The NJ2AS already sued the state police to get a copy of the firearms issuing guidebook the state uses. We were denied a copy. The judge pretty much said what's in the boom is the law. So I essence we won knowing that it only states 2 forms are required. We share this info with the anjrpc. I am fine with what they are doing but a little bit of credit would have been nice is all. A lot of people put a lot of hard work into it. I do agree though, the more the better

We are in contact. The NJ2AS already sued the state police to get a copy of the firearms issuing guidebook the state uses. We were denied a copy. The judge pretty much said what's in the boom is the law. So I essence we won knowing that it only states 2 forms are required. We share this info with the anjrpc. I am fine with what they are doing but a little bit of credit would have been nice is all. A lot of people put a lot of hard work into it. I do agree though, the more the better

Yes i remember that. good job. But we have to insert the rest of our foot in ther ars.

How do you perform the SBI background check online and are the other 2 forms still done by paper and handed in to the local PD?

Thanks

Yes, FID/P2P application (STS-033) and mental health form (SP-066) are still paper. If your PD uses the online system for the criminal background check they should have a sheet explaining it, since you need to enter their control number.

More pressure is better. Personally I think ANJRPC has more legal resources available but this is complementary to NJ2AS' OEC. I am glad that both groups are doing something. 

I think you're talking about two separate lawsuits. The one where NJ2AS sued to get a copy of the procedures manual is separate from the one where Jeremy Perez sued and got a decision that only the two forms are required. As far as I know, NJ2AS was not a party to Perez' lawsuit against the city of Paterson. 

http://law.justia.com/cases/new-jersey/appellate-division-unpublished/2014/a0498-12.html

I think you're talking about two separate lawsuits. The one where NJ2AS sued to get a copy of the procedures manual is separate from the one where Jeremy Perez sued and got a decision that only the two forms are required. As far as I know, NJ2AS was not a party to this second lawsuit.

http://law.justia.com/cases/new-jersey/appellate-division-unpublished/2014/a0498-12.html

No. I know there was a lawsuit after ours. Pretty much said the same thing. At the end of the day I'm glad things are shaking up in jersey.

No. I know there was a lawsuit after ours. Pretty much said the same thing. At the end of the day I'm glad things are shaking up in jersey.

Which is it the lawsuit? Can you give a link to the decision? 

Which is it the lawsuit? Can you give a link to the decision?

Everything should be in this link

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/25174-nj2as-v-njsp-update-and-court-documents/page-5

I am at work so it's hard to search.

Thanks

Everything should be in this link

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/25174-nj2as-v-njsp-update-and-court-documents/page-5

I am at work so it's hard to search.

Thanks

So this is the separate lawsuit asking for the firearm procedures manual. Not sure where it is now. I haven't seen a decision and I believe the lower court sided with NJSP.

But this is different from Jeremy Perez's lawsuit against Paterson where he was denied for a FID card because he refused to fill out the extra illegal forms. That one was not a NJ2AS lawsuit.

AS for "credit" I mean who really cares. But actually ANJRPC has been addressing permitting abuses since 2009, a year before NJ2AS was formed. That said, I'm glad everyone is in on it now. I want to see whoever does this to succeed.