Howard

My Rant of the day on mag limits bill A2006/S993

It seems to LEO who would be restricted to 15 rounds if this is signed into law are not going to be happy. Perhaps we have a common cause. Would love to see LEO's as well bitch to Christie

The law does not apply to LEO, as always they are exempt.

The police unions would kill any law that would put their members at risk.

Do they not also carry hollow points?

Use cell phones while driving?

Treat red lights and speed limits as suggestions?

Never mind, I'm ranting again...

Sen. Doherty spoke in our favor.  (U.S. Army Veteran)  Tried to explain the magazine change procedure and how fast it can be.  Pointed out how Lanza broke dozens of laws, including KILLING HIS OWN MOTHER."  Pointed out self-defense angle, including Georgia mom who hade to shoot an intruder.

"We have a lot of gun collectors in my district (28th) who value their guns; they're called Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings..." - Sen. Rice (USMC, retired).  "I'm going to support this, but I'm going to ask the chairs to take a long-term, wholistic approach to address the problems or we're going to keep coming back here to talk about the Columbine-level stuff...  This is not going to make the level of difference that we need."

th_1243237840_spocks-eyebrow.gif

Overall I feel so outraged at the senators that just back this stuff even though they don't believe in it.  Do they feel that Christie will veto it?  Probably.  Then why be a robot and stick to party lines?  Pathetic.  Really pathetic.

Sen. Cardinale - "We should look at what works in other places, like "carry." "

Ran into him Sat morning at a Bergen County Republican Organization fund raising breakfast.

One of his major points was that the problem is that majority of people aren't voting.

If we all get out and vote change will happen. But too many people just sit home thinking their vote does not count or just lie and say that they did vote.

He did mention that people in his own organization said they voted, but the polling records show another story.

Just look at how poor turnout is for non presidential elections.

http://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/election-information-archive.html

I keep working on just getting like minded people to get out and vote.

If you don't vote you don't have a right to complain.

Ran into him Sat morning at a Bergen County Republican Organization fund raising breakfast.

One of his major points was that the problem is that majority of people aren't voting.

If we all get out and vote change will happen. But too many people just sit home thinking their vote does not count or just lie and say that they did vote.

He did mention that people in his own organization said they voted, but the polling records show another story.

Rock the vote bitches!

You have this problem no matter what the issues are. People either just don't give a fook or are just too lazy. Another problem like in my town, 48% living here are renters. They are the biggest culprits.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2014/05/police_four_arrested_after_paramus_home_invasion_chase.html#incart_river_default

guy was lucky all he got was tied up...Invaders were lucky it wasn't my house where the sound of broken glass is welcomed with an Ar-15.

Hmmm... Four intruders? Let's do the math.

10 rounds = 2.5 rounds each x 50% hit rate* = 1.25 rounds per intruder.

15 rounds = 3.75 rounds each x 50% hit rate* = 1.875 rounds per intruder.

*Assume under severe distress and poor to moderate marksmanship.

------

Anyone gonna turn in or block your home defense magazines?

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2014/05/police_four_arrested_after_paramus_home_invasion_chase.html#incart_river_default

guy was lucky all he got was tied up...Invaders were lucky it wasn't my house where the sound of broken glass is welcomed with an Ar-15.

Glad that was not my house in Paramus while I was home. I'd hate to think potential nightmare if things went bad. Although it could answer the question of hollow points...

I have been yelling and screaming about voting for a couple of months now. There are at least 6-7 competitive districts in this state. 1 million gun owners. 1.3 friendly votes (conservative) for each gun owner. Participation rate of about 30%. We could easily take back those competitive districts if we all just voted and brought our significant others to the polls.

Case: Our municipal election on Tuesday drew about 500 voters, out of about 3000 eligible. One very deserving candidate lost by 9 votes. Pathetic.

I've been thinking of doing this through the gun shops, which will be out of business if the smart handgun law ever kicks in. This is do-able. Emailing those idiots in Trenton and yelling at them during testimony has been shown over and over not to work. We have not changed a single democrat vote to my knowledge. Yet our leaders keep urging us to waste our time on those feelgood activities. 

VOTE

The Democrats in our district actually go into the NURSING HOMES to get out the vote among the elderly. They're so entrenched in NJ it isn't funny.

So why can't we do the same? Target a vulnerable politician, preferably one who sponsors these BS bills, and get older conservative voters (veterans maybe) and bus them to the polls. I'd contribute to that effort.

Why isn't NJ2AS doing something like that? Instead of busing people to Trenton.

So why can't we do the same? Target a vulnerable politician, preferably one who sponsors these BS bills, and get older conservative voters (veterans maybe) and bus them to the polls. I'd contribute to that effort.

Why isn't NJ2AS doing something like that? Instead of busing people to Trenton.

Because taking a trip down the Turnpike to yell and scream looks more like we're doing something when in reality all we're doing is losing time that could be better spent on almost anything else. We need to organize the vote for the next legislative elections, and target vulnerable districts, through gun shops, ranges, and other sports-related outlets.

This is what happened in my town two days ago:

Voter apathy in Newton

Posted: May 14, 2014 10:55 PM EDTUpdated: May 14, 2014 10:59 PM EDT

Fifteen percent voter turnout for a primary election is bad enough. For what amounts to a town’s general election, such a turnout is deplorable.

Of 4,715 registered voters in Newton, only 717 turned out Tuesday to choose from among six candidates for three seats to the town’s five-member council.

This is not apathy, it's abdication. Shame on all the complainers and whiners.

This took me an entire five minute detour on my way to ShopRite:

2w7q1af.jpg

Voting is the only weapon we have.

Actually what we all need to do is register as Democrats and then vote in the Democrat primary for a loser candidate so our real candidate has no chance to lose in the general election!  With under 20% voter turnout for primaries we could actually have an impact that way.