Shawnmoore81

Did dicks lose their ffl?

I actually work at Dicks in Woodbridge.

Each location has a separate FFL. As far as I know, there is no issue with the company as a whole selling firearms. It's gotta be your store only. If you ask to speak to a store manager, they can explain it to you. The communication between employees and management is awful, hence why they didn't know.

There could have been a situation where someone stole a gun, or one went "missing". Or if they only have one pink card holder, and they are no longer employed at that location, they would move them out, because they can't sell or receive any guns.

A new pink cars for an employee takes anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months.

And you don't need a pink card to sell ammo. That was them being lazy.

Talking about experience with different stores I got into a funny conversation a couple of days ago...

So me driving along Rt22 around Union and willing to go to Dick's to check if they (surprise!) have some 22 in stock. Accidentally I see Sports Authority sign on my right and just decide to stop by there (I remember I was checking with SA several months ago when I was looking for a gun safe/cabinet).

I step into the store, walk around a bit trying to find a "Fishing / Hunting Section" as they usually call it... and don't see it. On my next passage I step right next to a young and really cute store associate having a nice (and probably very business-important) chit-chat with a colleague of hers and ask her where a "fishing & hunting section" was...

I make a pause here (imagine a "pause" like in any Tarantino movies, LOL, with a respective sound...).

What kind of answer you could probably expect?

Maybe an obvious "Sure, go along this aisle and turn left at the end and hunting stuff will be right in front of you".

Good scenario.

Might also be "I am sorry, we don't have a hunting section in this store, please try our store at ..., they might have a wider selection"

Bad scenario, but still acceptable.

I would even accept "I am sorry, it's my first day here, I'm ashamed to tell, but I don't really know where it is and if it is here at all"...

Bad, but funny. Ask another associate.

You know what I heard from a cure smiling young lady? :nyam:

"Oh NO, we GOT RID OF IT"

(*her words exactly*)

I was so f****g amazed to hear such a thing from a sporting goods store associate, that I can't even explain it in words. "Miss, could you please tell me where I could buy tennis balls in your store? - Oh, no, we got rid of them, tennis is not trendy anymore, just buy yourself a soccer ball or a mountain bike, we have a great selection of those..." or "Miss, where I can find XXL hoodies here? - Oh, no, we just got rid of them, we only sell S through XL hoodies now and plan to get rid of XL as well next month. You just need to get smaller really..."

WTF?! Is fishing / hunting hobby a plague that a store should even be kinda proud of "getting rid of"? Or am I not getting something here? :))

P.S. There was no 22 ammo in Dick's either :-) But at least there gun section is still there, as they have not yet gotten rid of it...

I stopped at DSG in union yesterday and about 5 other people were there also. After about 15 minutes of employees ignoring us and walking right by, a manager eventually came up and said that they couldn't sell any firearms or ammo today, "come back on Monday". In unison, everyone said "what the fuck" lol. Also, they were packed with ammo including tons of federal .223

I actually work at Dicks in Woodbridge.

Each location has a separate FFL. As far as I know, there is no issue with the company as a whole selling firearms. It's gotta be your store only. If you ask to speak to a store manager, they can explain it to you. The communication between employees and management is awful, hence why they didn't know.

There could have been a situation where someone stole a gun, or one went "missing". Or if they only have one pink card holder, and they are no longer employed at that location, they would move them out, because they can't sell or receive any guns.

A new pink cars for an employee takes anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months.

And you don't need a pink card to sell ammo. That was them being lazy.

The OP's store was in Delaware.......so pink cards wouldn't apply, that's a Jersey thing.

And the reason?

Sent from an undisclosed location.

I was there that day as well :)

I was told something about "re-inventory / inventory check" in progress (though I haven't seen anyone actually counting boxes on shelves, so might be some BS).

I was told something about "re-inventory / inventory check" in progress (though I haven't seen anyone actually counting boxes on shelves, so might be some BS).

Every dicks that sells firearms has a locked room with about triple the amount of guns you normally see out on the rack. So while you may only see a sign that says no guns, there is an associate somewhere cursing off his manager while he counts hundreds of guns in that room.

Well it may not be Dick's inventory, perhaps they had to justify inventory with the bound book for BATFE/NJ. I can see the way big box retail organizes their FFL and the way they staff the gun counter leading to everything being shoved in the safe and locking out the pink card people. 

i will never go back to another Sports Authority after the following incident on the phone......

Me: Hello, Do you sell ammunition?

Associate: ...............You mean like paintballs???

Me: No Like 9mm and .223

Associate: Oh NO way! we dont sell gun stuff anymore.

Thanks anyway "CLICK"

Never again......

i will never go back to another Sports Authority after the following incident on the phone......

Me: Hello, Do you sell ammunition?

Associate: ...............You mean like paintballs???

Me: No Like 9mm and .223

Associate: Oh NO way! we dont sell gun stuff anymore.

Thanks anyway "CLICK"

Never again......

I stopped in a Sports Authority by my work and I got a similar reaction from the woman working there. She looked at me like how dear you ask about guns. :facepalm:

I stopped @ Modells on Rt. 46 coming home from Montclair and asked if they carried ammo. The girl at the counter said no, we don't and then gave me directions to a gun shop. It was too far out of my way so I didn't go but I was surprised that they were that cooperative.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I stopped @ Modells on Rt. 46 coming home from Montclair and asked if they carried ammo. The girl at the counter said no, we don't and then gave me directions to a gun shop. It was too far out of my way so I didn't go but I was surprised that they were that cooperative.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Which Modells on 46? If it's the one in Woodland Park you were just around the corner from Ottomanelli's on McBride