Sign in to follow this  
magnawing

Just picked this up today....

It used to be the Beretta Cougar. Beretta transferred manufacture and marketing to Stoeger - a subsidiary and the guns are now made in Turkey on Beretta tooling.

I've got the 45 and 9, great guns at a great price. my cx4 shares mags with the 9. BTW, just like the Beretta92 the hammer spring can be replaced with the D spring which slightly reduces the da pull.

px4 mags will not work in the cougar. however if you had a cx4 storm in 45 it too uses the same 8045 mags but Sierra Papa makes a magwell conversion kit to adapt the 45 px4 mags into the storm. They also make8045 mag extensions to hold 15 rds but are crazy priced like over a $100 maybe more!

Ok...here's a range report. Took it to HG after work and threw a box of 230gr Blazers down range. First few were low right, moved to low center then the rest were pretty much centered after I stopped anticipating the shot. Kept em all within about 3"-4" at 7 yards. As for shootability...about the same recoil and muzzle flip as the 9mm HK P30 I was renting there. Grip is comfortable, no slide bites, DA trigger is HEAVYYYYY, SA is sweet though, short take-up that firms up nicely at point of fire, nice crisp release and fairly short reset. Mags are pretty stiff but I'm sure they'll loosen up after a few dozen boxes.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I'm hoping the insurance refund for the bike I sold to finance this comes in soon enough to take advantage of Backwoods Custom Coatings $50 slide special. I'm thinking of getting the US Navy emblem done in yellow on a navy blue slide.

This signature is AWESOME!!!