High Exposure

AP REPORT - Iraqi PM: Attacks on American subway "imminent"

Anyone taking the train may see a heightened police presence.

I wonder if this has anything to do with NY Gov. Cuomo activating the NYNG last week and announcing a planned press conference with Gov. Christie for sometime later this week...

http://www.wktv.com/news/world/Iraqi-PM-Plot-to-attack-New-York-Paris-Subways-277084381.html

NEW YORK - Iraq's prime minister says his country's intelligence operation has uncovered a plot for an imminent attack on subway systems in United States and Paris.

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said he was told of the plot by Baghdad on Thursday, and that it was the work of foreign fighters of the Islamic State group in Iraq. Asked if the attack was imminent, he said, "Yes."

Asked if the attacked had been thwarted, he said, "No." Al-Abadi said the United States had been alerted.

He made the remarks at a meeting with journalists on the sidelines of a gathering of world leaders at the United Nations General Assembly.

Terrorist's goal is to produce terror.  Mass transit fits the bill and is a soft target.  IF ISIS or sumbody else really wanted to start some shit, they'd hit the UN Delegates.  But why announce they're going to hit us?  Might it just be "smoke and mirrors" to quell the Holder resignation and knock it off the front page?  Red Flag anyone??

I have mixed thoughts about the timing of this.  Time to hit us was when the President was making UN speech............

just sayin..........

Anyone taking the train may see a heightened police presence.

I wonder if this has anything to do with NY Gov. Cuomo activating the NYNG last week and announcing a planned press conference with Gov. Christie for sometime later this week...http://www.wktv.com/news/world/Iraqi-PM-Plot-to-attack-New-York-Paris-Subways-277084381.html

i wouldnt doubt thsts why they announced the security agreement a few days ago. We regularly have national guard troops at some of our higer priority stations. They choose subways for one specific reason. High volume means high casualties. Lots of people in a small contained place. Maximum impact.

I'm not sure that hitting public transit in the US causes terror, or at least not as much as desired. Most of us don't come even close to public transit. Sure, it would panic the crap out of New Yorkers but so does snow, the outside world, and probably water.  

Attacking a Walmart drives the "it could happen to me" feeling home. I'm kinda surprised that hasn't happened yet. They've used that tactic against Israel, and it is a heck of a lot easier to pull off.

I'm not sure that hitting public transit in the US causes terror, or at least not as much as desired. Most of us don't come even close to public transit. Sure, it would panic the crap out of New Yorkers but so does snow, the outside world, and probably water.  

Attacking a Walmart drives the "it could happen to me" feeling home. I'm kinda surprised that hasn't happened yet. They've used that tactic against Israel, and it is a heck of a lot easier to pull off.

Do you even know how many people take the train. Its a huge fear indicing move. As far as wal mart being attacked, lets just say a lot ofthe people i see there we would be better off without.

Do you even know how many people take the train. Its a huge fear indicing move. As far as wal mart being attacked, lets just say a lot ofthe people i see there we would be better off without.

If that is the choice, I think we'd all be better off if they left the Walmarts be.

Those make sense from a terror standpoint as they have a govt tie. The NYSP seems like a personal agenda pulled out of nowhere

Wait a minute. The IRS does not seem like a personal agenda to you, and the NYSP makes no sense from a terror standpoint?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLO :D

Holy crap man does the media get quotes wrong. This should be criminal.

Bloomerg News broke this story. They had a direct reporter there and a by line. Not an AP re-write.

The exact quote was "is an attack imminent" and the PM replied. "I'm not sure"

Go to bloomberg website to get exact news story

(I'm not stumping for BB but i just think it's increbdly irresponsible to get this story wrong)

Bottom line. The subways are always a favorite target. Maps of PATH and city subways were found among documents in a hideout overseas. This has been going on since 9/11. Is an attack imminent, who knows, but very possible. The remainder of this year just got alot busier for me

Holy crap man does the media get quotes wrong. This should be criminal.

Bloomerg News broke this story. They had a direct reporter there and a by line. Not an AP re-write.

The exact quote was "is an attack imminent" and the PM replied. "I'm not sure"

Go to bloomberg website to get exact news story

(I'm not stumping for BB but i just think it's increbdly irresponsible to get this story wrong)

A quick search turned up this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-25/islamic-state-said-to-plot-subway-attacks-in-u-s-france.html

No where is the word "imminent" mentioned. 

By your logic the event of 9/11 didn't create much terror b/c most people don't come close to NYC, Washington DC or fly on planes on a regular basis. To you think about the stupidity you type before doing so?

ANY attack on US soil has an effect on many people.

By your logic the event of 9/11 didn't create much terror b/c most people don't come close to NYC, Washington DC or fly on planes on a regular basis. To you think about the stupidity you type before doing so?

Actually, one of the things that astonished me about the 2001 attacks on the Pentagon and the WTC was that in 2002 people started gauging national opinion about it. Outside of the Northeast, it was largely considered some "thing" that happened in New York (nobody remembers the Pentagon except my family.)

People were more concerned about the anthrax attacks, the drop in the stock market, and the long lines at the airports.

I'll refrain from insulting you back, because I grew up and left the the schoolyard, but I'll point out that most Americans weren't terrorized by 9/11, they were pissed by 9/11. Did you stop going out, living your life, or going to work? Outside government interference did you really in any way change the way you lived? Compare to the DC area and the sniper dudes, that affected people locally a lot more.  Did you stop going for a jog or shopping because of the Boston bombing?

Compare that to the influence of terrorism in Israel and Northern Ireland and so on. There the attacks were personal, random, and on everyday things everyone did or used.   If you want to see americans terrorized, wait until you see random attacks on malls, schools, or playgrounds. Not as high profile but a heck of a lot scarier to the average person.

I'll refrain from insulting you back, because I grew up and left the the schoolyard, but I'll point out that most Americans weren't terrorized by 9/11, they were pissed by 9/11. Did you stop going out, living your life, or going to work? Outside government interference did you really in any way change the way you lived? Compare to the DC area and the sniper dudes, that affected people locally a lot more.  Did you stop going for a jog or shopping because of the Boston bombing?

Compare that to the influence of terrorism in Israel and Northern Ireland and so on. There the attacks were personal, random, and on everyday things everyone did or used.   If you want to see americans terrorized, wait until you see random attacks on malls, schools, or playgrounds. Not as high profile but a heck of a lot scarier to the average person.

those are next. Look at the westgate mall in, i believe , kenya. 4 guys killed dozens and had the police and military running around for days. I am surprised what went on in Israel with all the suicide bombers and car bombs hasnt come here yet. I fear this is where we are headed

those are next. Look at the westgate mall in, i believe , kenya. 4 guys killed dozens and had the police and military running around for days. I am surprised what went on in Israel with all the suicide bombers and car bombs hasnt come here yet. I fear this is where we are headed

Yep, I'm kinda surprised it hasn't been tried yet.

I thought the reason most people were taking classes and training with firearms was a direct result of terrorists and active shooter situations. I don't lose my mind every time I hear something like this but if I said that I don't think about it and pay more attention because of it I'd be lying.

I thought the reason most people were taking classes and training with firearms was a direct result of terrorists and active shooter situations.

I'm nearly 100% sure that most people who carry guns don't do so because of ragheads or dumbasses with rifle that walk into malls. Neither of which kill more than 100 people a year on average in our country of 330 million people.

Did somebody teach you to be scared of ragheads and "assault weapons?" Show me on the doll where the liberal touched you.