AlDente67

Does anyone fix small engines onsite?

I have a dead Sears snowblower with electric start that won't turn over.  The machine is too big to load up into the truck to take to a repair shop.  Most likely the carb is fouled up from sitting around with old gas in the tank.

Does anyone have the ability to come over and make a fix?  I'll pay for your services (cash, beer, whatever you need).  Location is East Windsor - Mercer County.

I believe you wrote it wont turn over with the electric starter. So thats your first problem. Did you try to pull start it. Or it wont turn over like seized engine.the sears electric starts are 110v plug in the wall starters. It doesnt matter what he does to the carb. If its not turning over you cant diagnose it until it turns over. How far off of rte 1 are you in the windsors. Let say from quakerbridge rd ? How many minutes.

I believe you wrote it wont turn over with the electric starter. So thats your first problem. Did you try to pull start it. Or it wont turn over like seized engine.the sears electric starts are 110v plug in the wall starters. It doesnt matter what he does to the carb. If its not turning over you cant diagnose it until it turns over. How far off of rte 1 are you in the windsors. Let say from quakerbridge rd ? How many minutes.

The electric starter cranks normally when an extension cord is plugged in, it just won't kick in.  Much like a car cranking over and over but not firing up.

I'm about 10 minutes East of Quakerbridge via West Village Road.

Ill make it out there next time i gotta go to the mall. If you want to pm me and well do so troubleshooting first. But if is turning over the motor and is not starting Its almost likely a gunked up carb. Easy fix. Atleast youre thinking about it now and not jan 1 st.