MedicYeti

Basking Ridge trip.

My wife and I are celebrating 10 years married. We are booked for the Old Mill Inn in Basking Ridge tomorrow night. We are going to take a scenic ride and stop by a bunch of wineries on our way up from Cape May County. Any thoughts on places to stop, things to do. We have all day tomorrow and Monday.

Thanks.

Beautiful area.

Check out Griffin and Howe in Bernardsville.

Washington's headquarters and Jockey Hollow in Morristown.

Just a couple of things off the top of my head.

Congratulations on your anniversary.

C

I don't know how your coming up but, if your coming through Monmouth County you could try Cream Ridge Winery. They have some pretty interesting fruit wines. A few miles down the road is laurita Winery. Their wines are pretty good and the store is a huge log cabin overlooking the vineyard. I think both are in Plumbstead Twp.

Depending on your route try Beneduci vineyards. They're located in pittstown and have a nice tasting deals with some cheeses. From there the town of Clinton is not that far and you can take a walk or just hit 78 east to basking ridge.

Oh and congrats on the anniversary!

Thanks for the ideas. You gents always have good thoughts.

We took a leisurely trip and hit 3 wineries; Cream Ridge, Lauretta and Working Dog. We did a flight of beer at the Trap Rock Restaurant along with some really good onion rings. We stayed at the Old Mill Inn which was beautiful. Dinner next door at the Grain House was amazing - one of the 3 best meals I have ever had (Morimoto's in Philly and Old Harbor Brewery in Old San Juan rank 1 and 2).

We stopped by the Raptor Trust on the way home to Cape May County. The Raptor Trust is very cool and I would highly recommend it.

Thanks again. Happy new year.