Howard

Gun violence in NJ, who would have thought :)

New Jersey has a major gun problem, and we need the legislators and police to address it. According to numbers in today's Wall Street Journal 31% of all shooting in NJ, along with 34% of all shooting murders and 33% of all shooting victims happen in one town. That town - Newark! That town represents just over 3% of the state's population yet is responsible for roughly 1/3rd of all gun violence!!! Just think what a big impact on gun violence we could achieve if the Democrats in Trenton actually did something to crack down on this. Imagine if they also cracked down on their own town, Camden, Irvington and Paterson - Heck if they did that there would be almost no shootings what-so-ever in the People's Republic of New Jermany!

It's even worse when you look at the five cities together, 10% of the population is responsible for roughly 2/3rds of the gun problem!

NJ                 Newark       Jersey city     Paterson     Trenton     Camden      "5 Towns"      %   

Total Population ---->   8,900,000     281,000          262,000     147,000     84,000       77,000         851,000      9.56%

Shooting incidents   520               161                  40               29            60               59               349          67.12%

Shooting murders   130                 44                  8                  7              9                 12              80             61.54%

Shooting victims      618               202                 56               37            65                70              430           69.58%

According to 2013 FBI Stats, NJ 

* Total of 401 murders for 2013

* Atleast 1/3 of the murders were committed by something other than firearm (may be its time to ban other stuff)

* While law abiding citizens are waiting 6 months or more and some dying while waiting for the purchase permits,  Perps managed to commit 229 murders with a Handgun. So much for the process

* 53 murders were committed with Knives and other instruments

* Get this, 20 murders were committed by HANDS, FISTS, FEET etc. 

* ZERO murders were committed by Rifles. Still, NJ Politicians would like to waste valuable resources by trying to ban 50 caliber, various types of ammunition etc. 

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-20/table_20_murder_by_state_types_of_weapons_2013.xls

Well then... maybe Essex County should cut back on the issuance of FPID and P2P handguns.....and clearly.. concealed carry permits.  If they would only make it harder to buy a gun at an FFL, maybe this crime would stop.

What???   The people doing the shooting don't get their guns with FPID's or P2P at a local gun shop like we do???

Oh... but then why are the Dems saying the solution to these shootings is to make it harder to get a FPID or P2P or CC permit????

Huh???   They're lying???  Are you saying they just don't want the citizens armed?  They prefer us to be powerless so they can more easily control us?  They're just using crimes committed with illegal guns by low life criminals as an excuse to take our guns and freedoms away?

I don't think we should allow this to continue.....

Please, we all know they will do nothing in those five hot spots. It gives them the agenda they want, you know it and they know it.  More and more laws that do nothing and they know it.  Making you dependent on them.

Here's a bright idea, vote them out!  I know it's harder than it seems but with voter apathy, now is the time to surprise these elected officials. If not we will be regulated to death and destined to remain the minority.

Riddle me this, when they virtually ban all guns from NJ, and crime stats have not changed, who will they blame then?  Surrounding states' lax gun laws perhaps?  It will never end until the real citizens of NJ wake up and tell them it does not work anymore, get out you failed!

Perhaps the Black Lives Matter movement will come to Newark and get everyone to respect each other. Or is it racist of me to assume that the majority of those victims in those cities are black?

Nope. Not racist. Just logical since the demographics of Newark would suggest a significant percentage of the victims would be black. But ...the "Black Lives That Are Not Shot By Other Blacks Matter" group will only be in Newark if a white cop shoots a black guy.

OK, the solution was proposed when I posted this on Facebook.  The poster suggested an easy fix, declare these cities to be official GunFreeZones.  That will solve the problem once and for all, as we all know no one with a gun would dare enter these areas for fear of offending the sign :)

I hope that you reminded them that murder is illegal.

Nah, that is the beauty of the gunfreezone signs, you don't have to both with the murder, armed robbery and drive-by stuff being illegal, the gunfreezone covers all that.  Simplicity at it's finest.

Nah, that is the beauty of the gunfreezone signs, you don't have to both with the murder, armed robbery and drive-by stuff being illegal, the gunfreezone covers all that.  Simplicity at it's finest.

Start sending some of these stories: http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/72109-no-firearms-used-can-society-admit-that-its-not-firearms-that-are-the-problem-but-violence-itself-that-is-the-problem/

OK, the solution was proposed when I posted this on Facebook. The poster suggested an easy fix, declare these cities to be official GunFreeZones. That will solve the problem once and for all, as we all know no one with a gun would dare enter these areas for fear of offending the sign :)

Seriously? Someone on Facebook suggested a gun free zone was the answer?

Same old stuff. Same old BS. I can carry in 32 states but not here because some asshole in Newark got a taped-up .25ACP for $50 and shot some bro during a drug deal gone wrong 55 miles from here. Welcome to Gun Control Logic.

New Jersey has a major gun problem, and we need the legislators and police to address it. According to numbers in today's Wall Street Journal 31% of all shooting in NJ, along with 34% of all shooting murders and 33% of all shooting victims happen in one town. That town - Newark! That town represents just over 3% of the state's population yet is responsible for roughly 1/3rd of all gun violence!!! Just think what a big impact on gun violence we could achieve if the Democrats in Trenton actually did something to crack down on this. Imagine if they also cracked down on their own town, Camden, Irvington and Paterson - Heck if they did that there would be almost no shootings what-so-ever in the People's Republic of New Jermany!

It's even worse when you look at the five cities together, 10% of the population is responsible for roughly 2/3rds of the gun problem!

NJ                 Newark       Jersey city     Paterson     Trenton     Camden      "5 Towns"      %   

Total Population ---->   8,900,000     281,000          262,000     147,000     84,000       77,000         851,000      9.56%

Shooting incidents   520               161                  40               29            60               59               349          67.12%

Shooting murders   130                 44                  8                  7              9                 12              80             61.54%

Shooting victims      618               202                 56               37            65                70              430           69.58%

A certain demographic comprising approximately 3-4% of the US is responsible for 50% of all the murders. Take those numbers out, and those belonging to another, er, relatively low-abundance demographic, and we have the same murder rate as Germany with 100 times as many guns. 

Same old stuff. Same old BS. I can carry in 32 states but not here because some asshole in Newark got a taped-up .25ACP for $50 and shot some bro during a drug deal gone wrong 55 miles from here. Welcome to Gun Control Logic.

Sorry I'm just seeing this now, but well said Newtonian.

OK, the solution was proposed when I posted this on Facebook.  The poster suggested an easy fix, declare these cities to be official GunFreeZones.  That will solve the problem once and for all, as we all know no one with a gun would dare enter these areas for fear of offending the sign :)

"Liberal-free Zones" would be better.

Meanwhile, in Trenton this past weekend...

"14-year-old shot by State Police among 5 wounded in Trenton weekend gunfire" http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2015/08/14-year-old_shot_by_state_police_among_5_wounded_i.html

I know where that is - not the worst area of Trenton by any means!

I know where that is - not the worst area of Trenton by any means!

I used to live right over the line in Ewing. The crap from Trenton started leaking into my neighborhood. I got the hell out. Ironically, my next door neighbor was / is Trenton P.D. He was the worst neighbor on the block. That's saying a lot since the TCNJ wrestling team had a house on the block.

I was just thinking how all over the state, and many other states, there are signs up that penalties are doubled in work zones for speeding and other safety offenses.  Perhaps we should institute a similar plan for gun offenses and double all the fines and jail terms for anyone breaking the laws in the five inner cities.  Since that is where all the congestion is and where most of the problem is perhaps it would serve as positive motivation.

I was just thinking how all over the state, and many other states, there are signs up that penalties are doubled in work zones for speeding and other safety offenses.  Perhaps we should institute a similar plan for gun offenses and double all the fines and jail terms for anyone breaking the laws in the five inner cities.  Since that is where all the congestion is and where most of the problem is perhaps it would serve as positive motivation.

An even better idea is never to allow plea bargaining away the firearm charge when a gun is used in the commission of a crime, and that that penalty be served consecutively to the main act. The anti-gunners have blocked any such bills wherever they came up because it exposes their hypocrisy. 

According to the NJSP 2013 UCR compilation, some of the info should be of no surprise to anyone: 

• Six major urban centers—Camden, Newark, Jersey City, Trenton, Paterson and Elizabeth—collectively represent 11 percent of New Jersey’s total population. These same urban centers, during the period 2004 through 2013 accounted for 21 percent of the state’s total crime.
  • “Major Urban” centers from 2004 through 2013 accounted for 39 percent of all violent crime and 18 percent of the nonviolent crimes in the entire state.
  • The 15 urban municipalities represent 18 percent of the state’s total population.
  • “Urban 15” municipalities accounted for 31 percent of New Jersey’s total Crime Index. Violent crime was 52 percent of the state total, while nonviolent crime was 28 percent of the state total during this ten-year period.
  • Sixty-seven percent of all reported murders occurred in the “Urban 15” cities during this ten-year period. 

An even better idea is never to allow plea bargaining away the firearm charge when a gun is used in the commission of a crime, and that that penalty be served consecutively to the main act. The anti-gunners have blocked any such bills wherever they came up because it exposes their hypocrisy. 

True. They claim it is racist against blacks and latinos. It is the same thing when the people of Trenton call the cops and want them to be heavy-handed. The first time they are the city folk then scream "police brutality". Cannot have it both ways.