NYMetsFan86

Where can i buy angle irons?

Another vote for Joseph Fazzio's in Cross Keys.  Forget Home Depot.  Steel at HD is 5x or more the cost at Fazzio's.

They'll sell full lengths (20' or 22') or will cut what you want. 

They can also shear, punch, plazma cut, brake, etc. to make whatever you want.  I fax a sketch to them with dimensions, they fax it back with a price written on it.  I write "approved, please call when complete" and I get a call a couple of days later to pick up my stuff.

The hardware store is worth the visit too - industrial stuff you won't find anywhere else.   Surplus equipment and tools are also cool.  Disney World for manly men.

I may have a few hundred feet laying around here, if Plainfield isn't too far send me a PM with quantity

I doubt anyone will beat the price Glenn can get it at

I used to get mine from McElroy in Piscataway years ago -- knew the shop foreman quite well...

The big shops get it way cheaper than we can

Yarde Metals, EMJ Metals, Metal Stock, Online Metals. East Coast Steel, Fazzio. I dont know your exact local but these places are all over NJ and PA. In some cases you may be able to get the angle in alloy steel rather than 1018. Also dont discount bed frames. They are alloy steel (like a spring temper)  and much stronger than the average 1018 you will find at HomeDepot or Fazzio.