The brew guy

No scheduled delivery date available at this time.

I just gotta vent. I thought UPS was bad, but now Fedex is starting to suck too. I was thrilled when I got a tracking number on 12/2, I thought it would take much longer. I was thrilled even more when tracking said delivery would be "12-4 by end of day." 

It started to go downhill on Friday morning when I saw that there had been no updates since 4:10pm the day before and my parcel was still in VA. Worse, when I got home from work at 6, it still hadn't changed. Around 7 the ETA had changed to "No scheduled delivery date available at this time."

What good is getting a new toy if you have nothing to feed it? 

I've had pretty good luck with FedEx in the past. However, USPS is another story. I was supposed to have received my Geissele SSA-E trigger on 12/01, but it seems it's being held up at the Kearny facility. Everything that gets routed through the Kearny facility always gets delayed for me.

Here is the progress of my last order from Freedom shipped via UPS. Read it from the bottom.

DENVILLE, NJ, US 11/30/2015 1:58 P.M. Delivered Parsippany, NJ, United States 11/30/2015 5:00 A.M. Out For Delivery Parsippany, NJ, United States 11/29/2015 10:40 P.M. Arrival Scan Secaucus, NJ, United States 11/29/2015 9:54 P.M. Departure Scan   11/29/2015 1:09 P.M. Arrival Scan Salt Lake City, UT, United States 11/26/2015 2:36 A.M. Departure Scan Salt Lake City, UT, United States 11/25/2015 8:08 P.M. Arrival Scan Helena, MT, United States 11/25/2015 8:26 A.M. Departure Scan   11/25/2015 1:13 A.M. Arrival Scan Kalispell, MT, United States 11/24/2015 8:49 P.M. Departure Scan   11/24/2015 10:43 A.M. We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay. Parsippany, NJ, United States 11/19/2015 3:17 P.M. Arrival Scan Hodgkins, IL, United States 11/18/2015 11:49 P.M. Departure Scan Hodgkins, IL, United States 11/17/2015 9:54 A.M. Arrival Scan Spokane, WA, United States 11/16/2015 3:06 A.M. Departure Scan   11/16/2015 1:47 A.M. Origin Scan United States 11/13/2015 7:31 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

edited to highlight the locations.

Both of my packages started from the same place and got delayed, was supposed to get them on Sat. I got one today but the other one still says no delivery date yet. I just hope it's not lost...

Every shipping service seems to be kinda screwed right now. I also have 4 packages being moved by what I assume is a sickly mule. One of them was in NY 6 days ago and has not yet made it to NJ. I think the mule might have died.

I've never seen the mail systems being so screwed up in past years.

This time of year it always get's screwy. I wish I could find the crazy route one of my packages went last year. I was probably within an hour of me then took a trip to the south and back up and then sat for 3 days or so before getting to me.

You all do realize that this time of year is peak season for all shipping companies right?  Package volumes right now are at least double of what they usually are, it will all get back to normal after xmas. Also, if your packages is traveling via ground service then it has the lowest priority.  Know the reason you are not seeing an estimated delivery date is because your package is not moving, most likely sitting in a building waiting to be loaded into a truck for the next leg of it's voyage.  Again, higher services have greater priority. 

I guess I should consider myself lucky....

This past Sunday, 12/06, I placed an order online for some add'l. ammo. from MidwayUSA located in Columbia, MO. and I received a text message that is was delivered via UPS to my NJ home earlier this afternoon, 12/10, four days later, sooner than I had expected.  I did not elect to pay additional funds for expedited delivery either.

Like many others, I was concerned that President Obama's address to the nation this past Sunday evening would possibly include some direct or indirect statement that he was going to seek or impose further restrictions on the sale of ammunition to the public.  Specifically the calibers uses by the two Islamic Terrorists in the San Bernardino, CA attack. 

Therefore, I placed an order before his speech, just in case....

Next week, the full week before the Christmas holiday, is traditionally the busiest week for UPS, FedEX and the USPS for parcel deliveries with the highest volume of packages.  This year will most likely set a new record as more and more people are doing much of their Christmas shopping online.

AVB-AMG