Lalo

Box of phones...

Doing some cleanup at work this week because it's slow and I finally put all of our old/broken phones together in one box. I must have at least 150 phones in this box ranging from flip phones, Blackberrys from various carriers and Windows phones. Unfortunately some of the older Blackberrys are the only ones that might still power on. The newer phones are there because there is something wrong with them.

Does anyone know if there is anyone out there that would pay money for these phones? I've dealt with some companies in the past that have offered to buy back trashed phones but only if I can ensure that can boot up, that they're reset to the factory defaults, and I inventory each IMEI/serial number and would really like to avoid that if possible.

Box_Phones_zps5k3d6elk.jpg

Donate them to veterans who need phones.

I wouldn't be comfortable donating these phones. Almost all of them don't have batteries or the batteries don't hold a charge. They're really beat up with keys rubbed off, cracks, chips, shattered screens, etc. I'd use them for targets if I had a range that allowed me to shoot them.

Rockaway Recycling is currently offering $.80 per lb if they are not usable for the charities mentioned above.

Really? Is that only for phones or any type of IT equipment? I have laptop shells, bad LCD screens, hard drives, tower shells and other items that were going to recycle as well.

I think there are woman's shelters that might want them.  For top buck try selling them to terrorists, they are always looking for undocumented phones :)

LOL! Totally missed your post. I literally LOL'd because I showed my wife the picture before and told her "hey look, some of these phones look in better shape than your iPhone 6 that you keep trashing... Want to swap?" She's going on her 2nd screen replacement and just can't take care of her electronics. From now on its goin to be the cheap but still usable $60 Windows phones.

I wouldn't be comfortable donating these phones. Almost all of them don't have batteries or the batteries don't hold a charge. They're really beat up with keys rubbed off, cracks, chips, shattered screens, etc. I'd use them for targets if I had a range that allowed me to shoot them.

Really? Is that only for phones or any type of IT equipment? I have laptop shells, bad LCD screens, hard drives, tower shells and other items that were going to recycle as well.

Check out their website. They pay for some of that stuff too.

Lalo

Lalo he is a scrap yard. i run a different scrap yard and to answer your questions, anything metal he should take. lcd's are a no go as are any monitor or tv. hard drives he purchases as well. if your in the area of clifton shoot me a pm thats where i work.

It's free for them....