MartyZ

New SPR build

I think Rainier stands behind all it's products and you have a 90 day no questions asked guarantee.  If you don't like the color it turns after 1000 rounds, you can return it.

That's a mid-gas on an 18" barrel. I think he'd be better off with rifle length gas.

For what its worth, I'm currently using this exact barrel and have no issues i.e. bolt carrier tilt, hot shell ejections, buffer slamming.  In fact, it's very soft shooting.  I have a Surefire brake and honestly, it shoots about the same as a rifle length gas.

Well my OCD finally kicked in, I figured that an Anderson lower and MI upper are not the right fit for this rifle so I paid a visit to Steve at Monmouth Arms and picked up a matching Spikes Tactical set. I know, i'm going a little overboard on this but, it's the OCD. Also, put in an order for a 20" BA Premium rifle length barrel with cross pinned lo-pro block, being delivered on Friday. The extra 2 inches and 7 ozs don't really bother me too much since this will be mostly a bench gun. But on the bright side I have 2 Anderson lowers and 2 MI uppers on hand to build a few SHTF guns in the near future   :sungum: . 

Ok, the build is done, and I'd like to thank Steve at Monmouth Arms for helping me out last minute with a muzzle brake issue.

Some things have changed from my original list of parts, here is the final list:

Spikes upper and lower

Samson EVO 15" forearm

BCM buffer, spring, and buffer tube

BCM CH

VOLTR EMOD stock

Geissele G2S trigger

Ballistic Advantage 20" 223 wylde 1:8 twist, rifle length barrel, low-pro gas block

Lantac dragon MB

Cryptic Coatings BCG

magpul MBUS sights

ergo grip

harris bipod

aero precision scope mount

weaver kaspa 1.5 - 6x scope

Pics below.

I took it to the range this morning and got extremely pissed off. It is short stroking each and every shot, and it only got worse with every round. Ok, so what should I be looking at? What can be the possible cause or causes?

20160313_135806_zpsedftd9sw.jpg

20160313_135815_zpsdwvqq3ap.jpg

Ok, the build is done, and I'd like to thank Steve at Monmouth Arms for helping me out last minute with a muzzle brake issue.

Some things have changed from my original list of parts, here is the final list:

Spikes upper and lower

Samson EVO 15" forearm

BCM buffer, spring, and buffer tube

BCM CH

VOLTR EMOD stock

Geissele G2S trigger

Ballistic Advantage 20" 223 wylde 1:8 twist, rifle length barrel, low-pro gas block

Lantac dragon MB

Cryptic Coatings BCG

magpul MBUS sights

ergo grip

harris bipod

aero precision scope mount

weaver kaspa 1.5 - 6x scope

Pics below.

I took it to the range this morning and got extremely pissed off. It is short stroking each and every shot, and it only got worse with every round. Ok, so what should I be looking at? What can be the possible cause or causes?

20160313_135806_zpsedftd9sw.jpg

20160313_135815_zpsdwvqq3ap.jpg

Well I was just about to ask how you liked that cryptic coatings bcg. It's $$$$ but everyone seems to love them. Hopefully that is not the issue. It sounds like a loose gasblock or something like that it if gets worse every shot

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well I was just about to ask how you liked that cryptic coatings bcg. It's $$$$ but everyone seems to love them. Hopefully that is not the issue. It sounds like a loose gasblock or something like that it if gets worse every shot

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I hope its as simple as the gas block and tube. I need to figure out a way to plug the muzzle so i can run air thru the barrel to find a leak.

After only 15 rounds?

Depends how bad its leaking.

Getting worse with every shot means something is moving, a lot. Check your gas block for being on in the correct position and tight. Check that the gas tube isn't moving out of the gas block. Check that it is not getting dented by the carrier. Check that the gas key is tight.  Check that the gas rings are still on the bolt.