Zeke

Reduce penalties for out of state gun owners?

This is pure political BS.  Our anti-gun legislators are trying to buy themselves some cover for their draconian gun laws.  These out of stater's should be locked up and the key thrown away - just like they do to lawful citizens of the People's Republic of New Jermany if they make a mistake and stop to get gas on the way home from the range.  Only by having this bad publicity do we stand a chance to get the stupid NJ gun laws changed.  Only in NJ are honest citizens thrown in jail for minor technical violations while gang bangers with long rap sheets get to plea bargain away gun charges.  There is no reason for honest citizens not to be issued carry permits like in just about every other state.  It is simple to get a carry permit in PA, just across the river, and PA is hardly the wild wild west.  Armed honest citizens are a force multiplier for the police and help reduce crime and gun violence.  NJ gun laws are back assward.

• Like 1

This is pure political BS.  Our anti-gun legislators are trying to buy themselves some cover for their draconian gun laws.  These out of stater's should be locked up and the key thrown away - just like they do to lawful citizens of the People's Republic of New Jermany if they make a mistake and stop to get gas on the way home from the range.  Only by having this bad publicity do we stand a chance to get the stupid NJ gun laws changed.  Only in NJ are honest citizens thrown in jail for minor technical violations while gang bangers with long rap sheets get to plea bargain away gun charges.  There is no reason for honest citizens not to be issued carry permits like in just about every other state.  It is simple to get a carry permit in PA, just across the river, and PA is hardly the wild wild west.  Armed honest citizens are a force multiplier for the police and help reduce crime and gun violence.  NJ gun laws are back assward.

Another supposedly pro-gun member of this forum that wants to see fellow gun owners locked up and the key thrown away as an action plan for restoring gun rights in NJ. Very inspiring.

• Like 2

Another supposedly pro-gun member of this forum that wants to see fellow gun owners locked up and the key thrown away as an action plan for restoring gun rights in NJ. Very inspiring.

Well unfortunately I see the only way these laws get fixed is if out of state people get ensnared and the National media brings attention. In what bizarro world are citizens treated worse than non-citizens???

Well unfortunately I see the only way these laws get fixed is if out of state people get ensnared and the National media brings attention. In what bizarro world are citizens treated worse than non-citizens???

That's already happened though. They got national attention, were pardoned, and then it went back to business as usual.

The best way to get rid of a bad law is to get it enforced vociferously. People will then have no choice but to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that it's not just other people that this happens to.
  • Like 1

I wonder if any of these people about to be arrested for this nonsense and realize their life is pretty much over... felony record....go to jail... lose everything...  I wonder why any of them don't resort to just shooting it out with law enforcement?  They're pretty much screwed.  I get why it doesn't happen.  Because the people who find themselves in this situation are generally good people with a moral conscience.  But I suspect it would be just a matter of time before someone loses it and unloads their weapon into anyone trying to apprehend them.

I wonder if any of these people about to be arrested for this nonsense and realize their life is pretty much over... felony record....go to jail... lose everything... I wonder why any of them don't resort to just shooting it out with law enforcement? They're pretty much screwed. I get why it doesn't happen. Because the people who find themselves in this situation are generally good people with a moral conscience. But I suspect it would be just a matter of time before someone loses it and unloads their weapon into anyone trying to apprehend them.

honestly, you cannot view out of state residents knowledge of our laws through an instate paradigm. 47 other states aren't this bad. People really feel they are legal.

I know some here are going be like" know the laws of the state, arg." Take a guy from AZ, been there all his life. He would have no clue he was illegal. And, why we live like this?

1. Get 400 voluneers

2. Alert the press

3. Dress up the volunteers

3. Walk into 5 - 6 state police barracks at the same time, carrying a concealed unloaded handgun and ask to be arrested.

Civil disobedience. It's worked in the past, but the blacks weren't pussies like we are. 

The best way to get rid of a bad law is to get it enforced vociferously. People will then have no choice but to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that it's not just other people that this happens to.

I would bet if the governor didn't pardon anyone the outrage would have been so great NJ would be on the road to change.  I'm 51 years old. I don't have another 50 years to wait for NJ to wake up.  IMO the only way to effect change is to shine  a light on these night crawler politicians and force change through national embarrassment. If those poor people were in jail our governor could have NEVER ran for president without forcing a law change.  What do you have now in this state?  Beg the kings pardon when you get jammed up with a gun exercising your 2nd amendment right.  A New Jersey candidate would have been laughed off the stage running for higher office. 

1. Get 400 voluneers

2. Alert the press

3. Walk into 5 - 6 state police barracks at the same time, carrying a concealed unloaded handgun and ask to be arrested.

Civil disobedience. It's worked in the past, but the blacks weren't pussies like we are.

Believe me, they will arrest you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we have even one pro gun journalist in NJ? That's a good side project. Every time a good guy in NJ stops a bad guy with a gun, get it published.

The news of Salem county is pro 2a. I've spoken with them many times. Atleast 1 is a member at my club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Get 400 voluneers

2. Alert the press

Harassing the State Police is a bad strategy.  The SP do not make the laws, they just enforce them, barking up the wrong tree.  Anyone who participates in this stunt can count on their firearm being confiscated forever, so that's like at least $500.00 worth of hardware gone forever.  A visit to each participants home and having ALL of their firearms impounded is very likely.  Then there will be court costs and legal fees, $5,000.00 minimum, maybe closer to upwards of $20,000 per individual.  That's not civil disobedience, it's picking a fight you can't win and that's just plain stupid.

• Like 1

What is the cost for the state of NJ to prosecute all of them? Can you structure the required defense so that it's worse for NJ to prosecute? This would require committed volunteers to not take any deal and make it as difficult as possible on the judicial system. 20k is probably a reasonable war chest if you assume that the volunteers make bail. If they can't work, the costs escalate quickly.

What is the cost for the state of NJ to prosecute all of them.

They don't think of cost the way we do. Too many to prosecute? That means you need a bigger budget and more staff. No worries, the taxpayers will cover it.

They don't think of cost the way we do. Too many to prosecute? That means you need a bigger budget and more staff. No worries, the taxpayers will cover it.

What about the "speedy trial" right? How long can you await trial before the can't prosecute that many?