45Doll

Howard Stern on the Second Amendment

No, this is not a muck-racking post with some off-base irrational commentary. The link I'm providing does contain some profanity from his radio show. But that's not why I'm posting it.

I should say I'm not a Howard Stern fan, and I don't listen to him. He would not be my go-to guy for a discussion of the Constitution or its amendments.

I found this article with a link to a conversation on the 2nd Amendment; what should be legal, illegal, and why. Apparently his producer is a flaming progressive, and Howard doesn't agree with him. I really found it hard to believe I was listening to Howard Stern. Has he matured over the years?

Perhaps someone who listens to him regularly could tell me.

• Like 1

I listen to him all the time. I have to say, he seems very pro 2a. I don't agree with him politically on a lot of fronts but on this, he's the real deal.

How he rationalizes supporting Hillary is beyond me but that's beyond the scope of this discussion.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Howard Stern is a shock jock.  I don't think he is pro 2A at all.  He just wants to stir the pot.  His audience is primarily libtards so it's easy to get a stir.  His main goal in life is to get people (whether they love or hate him) to say his name.

Howard Stern is a shock jock. I don't think he is pro 2A at all. He just wants to stir the pot. His audience is primarily libtards so it's easy to get a stir. His main goal in life is to get people (whether they love or hate him) to say his name.

Certainly an opinion. Just curious if you ever listened to his program.

Stern is a gun owner. He has said it on his show. The only thing I didn't agree that he said was you should pass a test to get firearms like a drivers license. The difference between firearms ownership and drivers licenses is one is right (2a) the other is privilege.

I also heard that one live. I listen to Howard every day. He has a CCW and carries most of the time. He is very pro-2A and seems to like Hillary which I can't understand!

Perhaps he feels as a billionaire (or close to it) that he will get to keep his guns. He has 30 million subscribers and is friends with Trump so he rarely criticizes him.

I believe he will actually vote for Trump! He just won't come out fully one way or the other since he does not have to. Why would he flat out support one side over the other and risk

pissing off half of his subscribers, and possibly losing them?

Stern has had a NYC carry permit going all the way back to the early 90s.  Wonder what he carries.

I find that hard to believe as he does not live in NYC, he lives on Long Island and his wife comes into my Mom's office all the time.

He technically lives in both places. He has an apt on the upper east and a house on Li.

True. He's got an apartment in Manhattan and mansions in South Hampton, NY & Palm Beach, FL. I highly doubt he carries because he's usually surrounded by security when he's out and about, or at least has a running partner that's not as much of a pussy as he is IRL.

My guess, from recent conversations on his show, is that he's got some sort of 9MM, possibly a Glock, since that's the only brand name he's talked about on his show recently. (I'm a listener since he came to Philly back in the 1980s. I was at his "last day on terrestrial radio" rally back in December of 2005.)

Thanks to the Stern listeners for all that info. I know Sirius/XM is not 'public', but I thought to have that conversation with any  sizable audience was a plus.

My stepdaughter also advised me that he and his wife do a lot of work with cat rescue. That is a big plus in my book. My wife and I do what we can in that respect.

He technically lives in both places. He has an apt on the upper east and a house on Li.

And the west coast of FL.

Back then the only people who could get carry permits in NYC were people who were rich or had political juice.  He was named in an article back in the day as one of a list of celebrities who had carrying "privileges" in NYC.

In actuality, he probably had a Nassau or Suffolk County handgun permit that the NYPD endorsed for NYC carry.

He was a pretty polarizing figure back in the day, he probably needed it.  A lot of people hated him.  Not to say that you HAVE to need it, but I'm sure he was glad to have it.

I remember reading the article back in the 90s in the newspaper - Trump was named also as a permit holder, along with the publisher of the New York Times.

In actuality, he probably had a Nassau or Suffolk County handgun permit that the NYPD endorsed for NYC carry.

He was a pretty polarizing figure back in the day, he probably needed it.  A lot of people hated him.  Not to say that you HAVE to need it, but I'm sure he was glad to have it.

He used to live full-time on LI, but got a place in Manhattan during / after his divorce. (He's got a place in Southampton now.). NYC/NYS will grant "carry permits" to celebs like him, Trump, Anthony Cumia, Sean Hannity...

100% he carries. That's the number one reason why he has a "man purse"

He loves Hickock45

Howard is obsessed with guns. Anytime a celebrity is in that did an action flick he asks them what it was like to shoot full auto. He practices a lot. He knows Wayyyyy too much about telling stories of guys at the gun range. ("I see these guys at the range they can't wait to walk around with their holster...")

Bobby Duvall was just on they are good friends and his wife asked Howard when he will come visit them in Virginia and Howard asks "do you walk around with a gun like a cowboy down there?" And Bobby replied "no, that's not me...we know that's your thing not me.."