Newtonian

Why We're Doomed

It may not be the option we all would like but unfortunately its our best Trump!!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/second-amendment-rights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's been anti-gun his entire life up til a few yrs ago when he was thinking of running for POTUS.

He's now mentioned Giuliani for VP or HLS and Christie for Attorney General. Can you get any more anti-gun then these two?

I will start stocking up now. tRump may be the reason for the next biggest surge of gun sales in history.

Personally I think Hillary will wipe the floor with him and pretty easily. She will march thousands of folk he screwed over the years just for him to make more money, it will be relentless.

The alternative is HRC. No comparison at all.

Really line for line they are nearly the same, both leftwing NY Liberals.

I make my decision on three things.

God, this includes their faith and such things as abortion. Both are clueless, Hillary an atheist and tRump says he's never asked God for forgiveness. He then can not be a Christian.Both support late term abortion up to the third trimester.

Second Amendment. Both are for gun control, tRump's been anti-gun up until he decided to run as a republican. We know Hillary's stance.

Debt/Economy. Hillary will just keep spending and double the debt. tRump will run the country like his businesses and also keep spending, Only difference he just can't screw the middle class blue collar worker and file bankruptcy, he said the government will pay for health ins for all, this will cost trillions. Nothing he says economically will work or make a lick of sense as the government goes. Can't just fleece the county like he did with dozens of companies and pocket money, Can't file bankruptcy and write off Trillions in debt, don't work that way and he will also double the debt. He said he would eliminate it in 8 years he has now back tracked on that

I see a third party vote coming or write myself in. I have voted in every election since my first in 1980 but will never ever again vote for the lesser of two evils. I am a conservative not a republican and the R's screwed me\us with the 2014 midterms by doing nothing but supporting oBlamer the last two years.

• Like 1

I am an independent (unaffiliated in NJ speak) and I am now a single issue voter: 2A.

Almost every politician changes their positions. Look at Obama's (and most on the left) views on gay marriage.

Read Trumps position on gun rights in the link in Jdan05's post above. He is saying everything we want in a pro 2A candidate. HRC is going to make us and the NRA her target. In my mind there is no comparison.

In our current voting system, a vote for other than Trump is a vote for HRC and this WILL be disastrous for gun rights.

• Like 1

Really line for line they are nearly the same, both leftwing NY Liberals.

I make my decision on three things.

God, this includes their faith and such things as abortion. Both are clueless, Hillary an atheist and tRump says he's never asked God for forgiveness. He then can not be a Christian.Both support late term abortion up to the third trimester.

Second Amendment. Both are for gun control, tRump's been anti-gun up until he decided to run as a republican. We know Hillary's stance.

Debt/Economy. Hillary will just keep spending and double the debt. tRump will run the country like his businesses and also keep spending, Only difference he just can't screw the middle class blue collar worker and file bankruptcy, he said the government will pay for health ins for all, this will cost trillions. Nothing he says economically will work or make a lick of sense as the government goes. Can't just fleece the county like he did with dozens of companies and pocket money, Can't file bankruptcy and write off Trillions in debt, don't work that way and he will also double the debt. He said he would eliminate it in 8 years he has now back tracked on that

I see a third party vote coming or write myself in. I have voted in every election since my first in 1980 but will never ever again vote for the lesser of two evils. I am a conservative not a republican and the R's screwed me\us with the 2014 midterms by doing nothing but supporting oBlamer the last two years.

You left out the most important issue.

The Supreme Court

Trump said he would nominate justices like scalia. I take that as constitutionalist justices. Maybe he won't get a precise match for Scalia, but they would at least be likely to be like Alito. With Clinton, we get more activists like Kagan and Sotomayor. Those two don't even bother to reference the constitution. They reference Saul Alinsky.

We can not afford that.

For every person saying they'll stay home rather than vote for Trump. Wake up. I'm not fond of the guy, but we can't let Clinton win the White House. NFW.......

I am an independent (unaffiliated in NJ speak) and I am now a single issue voter: 2A.

I like keeping it to the three I mentioned.

Almost every politician changes their positions. Look at Obama's (and most on the left) views on gay marriage.

No doubt they change like the wind depending who they pander to that particular day.

But you aren't' one way for 50 years then wake up with an epiphany one day. Then surround yourself with anti-gun personnel like Giuliani and Christie.

Read Trumps position on gun rights in the link in Jdan05's post above. He is saying everything we want in a pro 2A candidate. HRC is going to make us and the NRA her target. In my mind there is no comparison.

Of course he is saying what we conservatives want to hear he's a politician like it or not.

In our current voting system, a vote for other than Trump is a vote for HRC and this WILL be disastrous for gun rights.

Sorry but after voting for republicans in ever national election since 1980 I'm done with the lesser of two evils thing. Voting for McCain was the worst lever I ever pulled. I will vote conservative if I have to write myself in or third party.

You/We can blame the so called establishment like Boehner, Ryan and McCain and a host of other RINO'S who SCREWED us conservatives in the 2014 mid-terms. We gave them the power and they laughed as they allowed oBlamer to do whatever he wished.

Peace to all and my advise is to buy buy buy before the election. I'm in the process of selling off some property just to stockpile so I can shoot whatever I want the rest of my life.I am blessed in my life to open my front door and sit on my deck and shoot endlessly off my railing.

One of the reasons I left NJ was a 2nd amendment issue and friends and relatives told me I was an idiot moving just so I could shoot my guns. Oh well after 12+ years I am a good idiot and love every second of it!

Peace to all and my advise is to buy buy buy before the election. I'm in the process of selling off some property just to stockpile so I can shoot whatever I want the rest of my life.I am blessed in my life to open my front door and sit on my deck and shoot endlessly off my railing.

One of the reasons I left NJ was a 2nd amendment issue and friends and relatives told me I was an idiot moving just so I could shoot my guns. Oh well after 12+ years I am a good idiot and love every second of it!

Clinton Gun Buy Back will not be escaped by living in NC.

• Like 1

I have been involved in a few gun buy backs here in WNC. One county actually stopped one thanks to me. 

I had collected dozens and dozens of useless guns over my life and brought them with me here. Well they had a buy back here in a county north of mine, what we would consider a democratic town. $50.00 for handguns, $100.00 for what they considered an automatic which was really any semi-auto.

The very first day I turned in about $500.00 of junk some working not worth $25.00. I DEMANDED the prosecutor who ran the program sign a receipt I made up for each one, he refused so I contacted the local media, he signed each one the next week.

Second the buy back started at 9am the next Saturday. I got there about 8am and Legally bought some really nice guns just offering either the $50.00 or a few dollars more so they didn't have to wait. In NC if you have a carry permit you need nothing else to purchase a any gun and it's good for 5 years so you can buy legally from anyone you want anyplace. I mean older folk trying to turn in German Lugers and getting $50.00, Baretta shotguns for $100.00 and so on.

They haven't had the program since and this was 10 years ago.

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but after reading these great newbie posts I'm beginning to think that it probably doesn't matter which of those two get elected. 

There's been a profound change among conservatives during the last 25 years. I listened to Rush Limbaugh in the early '90s. Back then if the republican party served him a bowl full of poop he'd go hunting for whipped cream before eating it. No longer. Real conservatives are across the board utterly disgusted with the republicans. When the most appealing Republican in the mix, back in the early campaign days, is actually a democrat (Jim Webb) and the most appealing democrat runs as a republican (John Kasich) you know things are phukced up. 

Unfortunately the future for constitutional conservatives is bleak, which is the reason We Are Doomed. The pattern over the last several election cycles has been a general de-emphasis of core conservative values. Both parties have moved leftward to a degree that is both astounding and depressing. GHWB had his "thousand points of light" and "new world order." GWB apologized for whatever conservatism he espoused by claiming to be "compassionate." Romney had Romneycare. And Trump obliviously wants to "take care of everybody." Have any of the current or past Republican candidates during this cycle spoken loudly about conservative issues like reducing government, eliminating regulations? Do the majority of voters actually give a shit about those issues?

The answer is no. The positions of the remaining candidates reflect the marketplace in which they operate, the ignorant mommy-state devotees of both parties. 

I glean hints of 3rd party agitation. Yeah we do need a truly conservative party. Problem is they wouldn't get elected dog catcher much less congress or the presidency. Conservatism is dead except for a few hot spots, all of them great distances from major population centers. Pro-2A sentiment appears vibrant but the radiologist just noticed a shadow on its CAT scan. Let's see what the biopsy reveals.

You don't think tRump would support a ban if a bill is presented to him as president? You don't think Christie would try to outlaw handguns through the office of AG if appointed. Both anti-gun just as Giuliani who is said to be head of Homeland Security? Didn't Giuliani want a federal gun registration program at one time.

• Like 1

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but after reading these great newbie posts I'm beginning to think that it probably doesn't matter which of those two get elected. 

There's been a profound change among conservatives during the last 25 years. I listened to Rush Limbaugh in the early '90s. Back then if the republican party served him a bowl full of poop he'd go hunting for whipped cream before eating it. No longer. Real conservatives are across the board utterly disgusted with the republicans. When the most appealing Republican in the mix, back in the early campaign days, is actually a democrat (Jim Webb) and the most appealing democrat runs as a republican (John Kasich) you know things are phukced up. 

Unfortunately the future for constitutional conservatives is bleak, which is the reason We Are Doomed. The pattern over the last several election cycles has been a general de-emphasis of core conservative values. Both parties have moved leftward to a degree that is both astounding and depressing. GHWB had his "thousand points of light" and "new world order." GWB apologized for whatever conservatism he espoused by claiming to be "compassionate." Romney had Romneycare. And Trump obliviously wants to "take care of everybody." Have any of the current or past Republican candidates during this cycle spoken loudly about conservative issues like reducing government, eliminating regulations? Do the majority of voters actually give a shit about those issues?

The answer is no. The positions of the remaining candidates reflect the marketplace in which they operate, the ignorant mommy-state devotees of both parties. 

I glean hints of 3rd party agitation. Yeah we do need a truly conservative party. Problem is they wouldn't get elected dog catcher much less congress or the presidency. Conservatism is dead. Pro-2A sentiment appears vibrant but the radiologist just noticed a shadow on its CAT scan. Let's see what the biopsy reveals.

Awesome!!!!

The most honest statement mentioned the last few election cycles was by Romney 4 tears ago. THE 47% PERCENT statement. There's your answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liberals if R or D start with a 47% head start.

I need a buy back.  I've got a couple of junkers that I foolishly traded for when I lived in Ohio.   One is broke and worth less than the parts, the other is such a piece of shit, I'm concerned it might blow apart after the first shot.

If the HIldebeast tries an Australian style confiscation she's going to start a war.

• Like 2

Clinton's "buy back" will be an Australian gun confiscation. This will be everywhere not just NJ.

I am at the age now and with peace in my mind that they will have to physically take them from my dead body. I am OK with that.

• Like 1

I need a buy back.  I've got a couple of junkers that I foolishly traded for when I lived in Ohio.   One is broke and worth less than the parts, the other is such a piece of shit, I'm concerned it might blow apart after the first shot.

If the HIldebeast tries an Australian style confiscation she's going to start a war.

I had a friend in NJ who turned me on to this idea before I moved. We used to hit all the bigger gun shows in Pa. and even Delaware and he always bought literally junk for under $25.00 Long or short arm didn't matter and I asked him one day what do you do with these. He pulled a box out from under his gun bench that had a load of then. Then he called one day and said lets take a ride. We went to a gun buy back I think it was in Lakewood, NJ. No questions asked and a thousand dollars later he was buying a new gun. Double or triple your money for a new gun.

Wow you NJians do much better than I did, Ours was 50 and 100. Handgun or long arm if I remember. If I find one in NJ may be worth a trip us since I have accumulated a few over the last few years.

• Inoperable weapons:             $50

• Revolvers:                             $150

• Shotguns                               $150

• Rifles:                                    $150

• Semi-automatic weapons:    $150

• Assault weapons:                 $250

I had a friend in NJ who turned me on to this idea before I moved. We used to hit all the bigger gun shows in Pa. and even Delaware and he always bought literally junk for under $25.00 Long or short arm didn't matter and I asked him one day what do you do with these. He pulled a box out from under his gun bench that had a load of then. Then he called one day and said lets take a ride. We went to a gun buy back I think it was in Lakewood, NJ. No questions asked and a thousand dollars later he was buying a new gun. Double or triple your money for a new gun.

Are the buyback sites considered exempt locations? I was always worried you'd bring a gun and they'd arrest you.

I am at the age now and with peace in my mind that they will have to physically take them from my dead body. I am OK with that.

The rest of us have a slightly different position.  So you're good?  And the rest of us ... well, we can just piss off?  Not your problem?

This may be why Obama won VA in 2012.  and almost won NC.

Choosing beteen Trump and Hillary?  My criteria:

1. Supreme Court.  Apparently there is no comparison.
2. South border invasion.  See above.
3. Muslim invasion.  See above.
4. Second Amendment.  HRC didn't even hide that she is for confiscation. 

So, I don't understand how any voter who cares about the next generation can vote for HRC or a stay away from voting for Trump.

I seem to be attracting the newbie crowd...everyone else is sick and tired of me :)

Barring some personal tragedy Hillary's coronation will be the saddest day of my life up to that point. Reality has nothing to do with what I want or you want. I hope I'm way wrong but she will murder Trump for reasons I've already given. 350 to 400 electoral votes for Fat Legs. We'll win all the backwaters, we'll brag about how many counties we've won and lament "if only for the women's vote." I agree that women should not be allowed to vote but they do and that's that.

Trump has done sooooo much to alienate women, yet so many are still looking at him as the best option. Even my wife is leaning towards him at the moment. My wife is kind of anti-gun only for the fact that too many people don't have training, she says most likely women will have their guns taken away and used on them.  There is some merit to the argument, and even I feel  better training should have a higher priority than it does at the moment, but that's for another day.   

My son thinks voting for Bernie might keep Clinton out. Bernie isn't quite as bad as she is, IMHO, but his chances aren't all that good either. 

I'm thinking maybe a write in vote for the N.J. Weedman?  :onthequiet:

Trump has done sooooo much to alienate women, yet so many are still looking at him as the best option. Even my wife is leaning towards him at the moment. My wife is kind of anti-gun only for the fact that too many people don't have training, she says most likely women will have their guns taken away and used on them.  There is some merit to the argument, and even I feel  better training should have a higher priority than it does at the moment, but that's for another day.   

My son thinks voting for Bernie might keep Clinton out. Bernie isn't quite as bad as she is, IMHO, but his chances aren't all that good either. 

I'm thinking maybe a write in vote for the N.J. Weedman?  :onthequiet:

Bernie has a certain moral certitude about him but he's of course full of shit as well. But given the choice of having 4 years of getting nothing passed (Sanders) or 4 years of vagina politics I'd choose Bernie. 

I understand what you're saying about formal training and frankly there is no substitute. However, the arguments for mandating training vaporize when you look at the stats on accidental discharges or the scenario you mentioned. People have no problem with 500 or 1000 bicycle fiends dying on the roads but they go gaga when someone accidentally shoots grandma's ashes off the mantle. Plus it's probably unconstitutional, although that hardly matters any more.

Are the buyback sites considered exempt locations? I was always worried you'd bring a gun and they'd arrest you.

Yes the one I went to in NJ 15 years ago was no questions asked as was the one here in NC.

The rest of us have a slightly different position.  So you're good? 

Maybe you should make peace with yourself and commit to a fight if it comes to that.

And the rest of us ... well, we can just piss off?  Not your problem?

If you are just going to sit back and let others fight for you, well yes piss off.

This may be why Obama won VA in 2012.  and almost won NC.

So because I will not allow them to take my firearms and am to the point in my life (Peace of Mind) where I will fight for that right it somehow allowed Obama to win VA and almost win NC?

Do you smoke crack or something?

Do you smoke crack or something?

I'm talking about you unwillingness to fight against Hillary Clinton becoming president. Pay attention please. I'll go over it again...

You said in response to a a Clinton Buy Back program, you are ok with that happening.. but they will have to take yours from your dead body.

I read that to mean.. you don't care if she becomes president... she is not getting your guns while you're alive. Plus.. you are at an age where you will not have to worry about for very long. So it appears that you don't care that other's will be screwed.

You're comments above make no sense whatsoever.  Letting Clinton become a tyrant so we have to engage in a firefight to the death is not a good plan. 

Again.... I am saying that it appears to me that you will not vote for Trump because you don't like his positions. So you will simply not vote. Or vote for a write, or whatever else you plan to do.  THAT... multiplied by tens of thousands of other people making the same bad choice.....leaves us with President Hillary Clinton.

Still with me????

THAT.. is the issue.

Or do I not understand what you're saying?

• Like 1

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/trump-second-amendment-trust/

But yet, and to circle back to the initial question, I’m not sure I trust Trump to do right by gun owners. He’s just not a gun guy.  While I don’t think he’ll sell us down the river, like Obama clearly did in his second term, I’m also not sure he wouldn’t, in an attempt to make a deal, concede something to the anti-gun lobby. So, yes, call me gun-shy on Trump. In my book, he’s fidelity to his business empire has given him a schizophrenic track record on the issues, so I guess as a presidential candidate I see him more as a self-interested pragmatist than a principled reformer. Is Trump going to really look out for the American people? Or is he going to continue to do what he’s always done, build up the Trump empire.

So, I don't understand how any voter who cares about the next generation can vote for HRC

Did you know, Hillary has a vajajay?  Yes, yes, I realize it probably really isn't one anymore, having closed up shop some 30+ years ago, but it's still the same rough outline.  Kind of like how a desiccated corpse was once a human, hers is like that and probably smells the same.

Anyway, that means that all of her negatives are meaningless and women will for vote her because they have the same parts.

• Like 1

I'm talking about you unwillingness to fight against Hillary Clinton becoming president. Pay attention please. I'll go over it again...

You said in response to a a Clinton Buy Back program, you are ok with that happening.. but they will have to take yours from your dead body.

I am OK with putting up a physical fight, yes. Will I ever vote for Trump probably not. He is a anti-gun guy no doubt and will make a deal with anyone.

I have asked that question about a physical fight and you're lucky if 1% say they would after bragging and boasting for years on a much larger forum than this one.

I read that to mean.. you don't care if she becomes president... she is not getting your guns while you're alive. Plus.. you are at an age where you will not have to worry about for very long. So it appears that you don't care that other's will be screwed.

I don't see much of a difference between Hillary and Trump. Trump talk already is surrounding himself with ALL anti-gun politicians. Christie, Giuliani, Carson just to start with. Carson wants to outlaw semi auto in cities. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conservative-hero-ben-carson-to-beck-you-have-no-right-to-semi-automatic-weapons-in-large-cities/

Will you turn yours in?

You're comments above make no sense whatsoever.  Letting Clinton become a tyrant so we have to engage in a firefight to the death is not a good plan.

As I said I am at peace and will fight if I have to.  Above no difference between Hillary and Trump.

Again.... I am saying that it appears to me that you will not vote for Trump because you don't like his positions. So you will simply not vote. Or vote for a write, or whatever else you plan to do.  THAT... multiplied by tens of thousands of other people making the same bad choice.....leaves us with President Hillary Clinton.

My Choice as an American, I may right in my own name maybe Gary Johnson. I really don't see Trump winning anyway he has alienated to many folk and his bad deals will be in the media endlessly for the next 6 months.

Still with me????

THAT.. is the issue.

Or do I not understand what you're saying?

Would you fight if and when they knock on your door for your weapons?

I don't like Trump. He did some things in Atlantic City that were terrible for local folks...he put some out of business just not paying bills. The flip side of that is I know of two other business types, both graduates of Wharton, like Trump, who did the same thing to people they were dealing with. You go to that school, learn how to play power games, and that's what you do.

Having said all that, Trump has performed a nearly impossible feat getting to where he is. His candidacy was a complete joke until recently (some may say it's STILL a joke), but the fact is he has arrived where he is with no (conscious) help from democrats, republicans, the establishment, the media, public opinion, etc. However, while they all thought he was a joke, Trump USED all of them. There wasn't an interview anywhere that didn't start with, "What do you think about what Trump said about...."  They were all his handmaidens.

To reiterate, I don't like Trump...maybe someday I will, but I KNOW I want nothing to do with Clinton. She is everything that is wrong with politics in this country and she is a criminal, so given the choice between the two, I would NOT vote for Clinton.

On the plus side, two things. First, Trump has publicly proven that he knows how to get shit done. Hands down. So I will assume from that that he could be reasonably effective in the office. The question is, what is it he will try to do?  My feeling, prediction, whatever, is that it is just dawning on HIM that he could be the next POTUS and could make history, and he WANTS that. I predict he will act less and less like t-Rump and more presidential. I think he knows WHY people are going for him, that it is driven from conservative circles primarily, and so I think he will align himself more to the right.

Second, and I know I harp on this, I am a single issue voter. Flip flops aside, Trump says 2A is a good thing and needs protection, and Hilary says it's bad and wants our guns.

The choice is obvious. If you want to apply your principles and write in Bernie or Cruz, or Ben Carson, or Rand Paul, you are fooling yourself at great cost, because we are in the fight of our lives right now and we have no good options, only hopefully bearable options, and only ONE option at that. Trump is scary, but he's not Clinton. Vote for Trump. Get over the drama and keep the progressives from slamming the last few nails in our coffins.