Alex V

Folding Stock = No | Folding Rifle?

19 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I would say that would be ok as long as the stock is fixed.  It can't fire from the folded position so you should be good to go.  

I agree.  This is like the Kel Tec Sub 2000.

A folding or collapsible stock makes the rifle shorter but it can still be fired.  This with a fixed stock or the Kel Tec can't be fired when folded.

A 'Folding Rifle" is legal in NJ as long as it (rifle) meets the other criteria to not

be considered an assault rifle.

Also - I folding stock is not automaticly banned in NJ

If you have a Semi-Auto rifle that DOES NOT have a detachable mag - you can have a folding stock

If you have a Semi-Auto rifle with a detachable mag, but has no other "Evil Features" except the folding

stock, then it is acceptable.

If you have a Bolt action rifle (ie: Ruger Precision) then the Folding stock is legal

11 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

A 'Folding Rifle" is legal in NJ as long as it (rifle) meets the other criteria to not

be considered an assault rifle.

Also - I folding stock is not automaticly banned in NJ

If you have a Semi-Auto rifle that DOES NOT have a detachable mag - you can have a folding stock

If you have a Semi-Auto rifle with a detachable mag, but has no other "Evil Features" except the folding

stock, then it is acceptable.

If you have a Bolt action rifle (ie: Ruger Precision) then the Folding stock is legal

Right, I know the folding stock stuff.  I was making a gross generalization but you are right to clarify.  

Totally forgot about the Sub2000 rifles, just thought this was a goofy yet novel idea.  I have no interest in buying one, just thought it was fun.

18 minutes ago, Alex V said:

Right, I know the folding stock stuff.  I was making a gross generalization but you are right to clarify.  

Totally forgot about the Sub2000 rifles, just thought this was a goofy yet novel idea.  I have no interest in buying one, just thought it was fun.

I wouldn't call it goofy.  If you need a rifle that breaks down to fit in the shortest possible case a folding rifle makes sense.  Most of these folding rifles fold down to 16" or a bit more, the length of the barrel.

It's very cool. In the real world an SBR with a 10" barrel and a pdw stock it would be super cool. 300blk please. And oh, imagine a nice Recce 7 on the end. The NJ state senate in unison would shit themselves and run under their desks at the very thought of it.

Taking a blasé security attitude by using Tapatalk Pro

I've wanted a Sub2000 for years - since I first heard of the first generation.  It would seem to be an ideal trunk gun for a state where you can't carry a handgun.  The damn thing is tiny when folded.

This has my interest.  While a significantly wider package when folded vs a s2k, it offers a lot more capability overall.  I hope it can run on a standard lower and is relatively affordable.  I also hope they didn't use just aluminum where the hook latches on.  If it gets favorable reviews, it may be something I get.

Hopefully they make them in 14.x" barrels (and shorter for free state brethren) so it can made as short as possible while still being OK in restrictive states

48 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

I've wanted a Sub2000 for years - since I first heard of the first generation.  It would seem to be an ideal trunk gun for a state where you can't carry a handgun.  

Not to shit in your cornflakes, but I thought the same thing.   So I bought one.  I dumped it.  They are junk.  I do not trust Kel-Tec products with my life.  Just get an AR in 9mm that takes Glock magazines.   You will thank me later.

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Not to shit in your cornflakes, but I thought the same thing.   So I bought one.  I dumped it.  They are junk.  I do not trust Kel-Tec products with my life.  Just get an AR in 9mm that takes Glock magazines.   You will thank me later.

Wait wait wait....

Just yesterday in this thread:

You said:

22 hours ago Ray Ray said:

Why are we shooting a pistol caliber carbine?  They make almost zero sense.  Other than suppressor quiet, they have no advantage over a 556 or 300BLK AR type.

• Like 2