njarider

Mossberg JIC

is the Mossberg JIC (or any other pump action shotgun with a pistol grip) legal in NJ? I've read through the statues and the ambiguous NJ gun laws are as clear as mud. The JIC meets the requirements for barrel and overall length, round capacity and it's not a "semi-automatic" firearm. My concern is the NJ definition of a shot gun:

"Shotgun" means any firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder and using the energy of the

explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shots or a

single projectile for each pull of the trigger, or any firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder

which does not fire fixed ammunition."

Since it's not fired from the shoulder, how does it get categorized?

I would call Phil at Brick Armory. they would know. Alternatively, just call any ffl and ask if they can order it for you, if they can, you can probly own it. On their systems from distributors, they should be able to tell if nj legal or not.

but if Saiga 12 is legal... why not? =) :D

It's a PUMP. You can do anything you want to it. Put on a big ass flash hider, folding stock, bayonet or convert it to take a 15 round drum. Did I mention "It's a PUMP".

ETA: As far as it not being designed to be fired from the shoulder, the NJSP doesn't care about that. I had a federally approved Mossberg 14" AOW and they considered it a shotgun. :shock:

I'm waiting on the CAMO model :twisted: :o:D:o:lol: :mrgreen:

I bought a pistol grip for my 590 while I was waiting for the CAMO JIC to come In. Holy cow.. shoot some slugs out of it and your wrist will make you feel sorry..

hahaha

Waiting for the mariner model! :mrgreen:

Hopefully, I will pick mine up today!

Cool! Good luck! Just call first, make sure they still have it, I spoke to them a week ago and they did, but you never know if they sold it or not. They only had one.

Oh no, I'm getting it transferred though my local guy. I ordered it on gunbroker. It has a story behind it.. Was the transfer from hell.

Hehe, yea, I decided that I'm going to get my hands on a Mossy myself. Let us know how that goes. By the way, I thought your name was familiar, coldsolderjoint, I saw one of your posts randomly over on the xdtalk forum.

Hehe, yea, I decided that I'm going to get my hands on a Mossy myself. Let us know how that goes. By the way, I thought your name was familiar, coldsolderjoint, I saw one of your posts randomly over on the xdtalk forum.

Ahh yeah.. Maksim got me here from xdtalk :p

Ahh yeah.. Maksim got me here from xdtalk :p

He found me on the beretta forum, but i'm on xdtalk too. Haven't visited there in a real long time though.

Maybe also, I think they are close there. I have been there twice, bithe times from 287, got off at I believe Rt28N, not south, went through the first light and it's on your left.

Actual address is 513 West Union Ave, Bound Brook.

http://www.efingersports.com/store/efinger.htm

Ughhhh that stinks. I will keep my eyes open for ya. Would you be willing to go to PA to get it? I might be out there this week sometime.

If it's close to the border. I aint about to go to Pittsburgh for my shotty. Thanks Chad, which shop you goin to?

I go to a few,....and yes they are just over the border. It takes me about 45 mins from the freehold area.

They are in feasterville-trevose, PA.

Surplus City

G&G Outfitters

InSite LE supply

Are those in the Philly area?

I go to a few,....and yes they are just over the border. It takes me about 45 mins from the freehold area.

They are in feasterville-trevose, PA.

Surplus City

G&G Outfitters

InSite LE supply

Are those in the Philly area?

Yes, they are. I've been to In-site. Did my GSG-5 transfer through them for $25 & they were nice & all went well. Had another rifle shipped to them for transfer & it was suddently $45. I asked why it is now $45 when it was $25 only about 1 month prior & was told "Well, it's $45 now." in an extremely rude tone. They have lost my business.

Wow....that stinks, sorry you had a bad experience with insite. I never did any transfers thru them, but I have purchased quite a few long arms there. I never had a problem, but maybe I just got lucky.

Anyway....here are some links to the addresses and phone numbers of those places mentioned earlier. I would recomend calling first to see if they have what you are looking for. There is also a wal-mart in the feasterville-trevose area that carrys blazer brass for $8.97 / 50 for 9mm.

G&G Outfitters

Surplus City

Tanners Sport Center

In Site Firearms

Just be warned...the first two places have firearms sitting on the shelves, and get this...you can just pick them up and fondle them all you want!!!! lol. Quite different than NJ stores! ;)