Maksim

Any interest in a reloading class?

I think something like this could be put together. There are a few people on here with years of experience. My suggestion is anyone interested in doing this, pick up a reloading manual and read up on it to better comprehend the nomenclature and procedures in a class. It would also give a baseline to ask questions from.

I'm a NRA certified Reloading Instructor and I see some value in a class to teach the basics to those who are just starting out but know nothing. however without actual hands on experience, i think those classes have limited value. Best to just find someone whose judgment and capabilities you know are solid and ask to sit in on a few sessions. Hearing an explanation is fine. Actually seeing it and doing it is so much better.

But the bottom line is that it isn't rocket science. Taking care and concentrating on what you are doing is a good first step.

Unfortunately it is too far, but a large local sporting goods store up here runs a free basic and intermediate reloading clinic every month. It is great pr as they are one of the larger suppliers of reloading components and reloading equipment. If your are curious, take a look http://www.ktp.com/

I have been reloading for about 5 months now. Taught myself from manuals, forums, magazines and just by doing it. No seasoned veteran by any means, but have loaded several thousand 9mm & 45 acp rounds.

I would be interested in a hands on "class" if given the chance. :D

I have been reloading for about 5 months now. Taught myself from manuals, forums, magazines and just by doing it. No seasoned veteran by any means, but have loaded several thousand 9mm & 45 acp rounds.

I would be interested in a hands on "class" if given the chance. :D

That is how I learned as well. I wish I had a go to person though. Over the last year or two I have learned a few things from these internet forums as well. I did a lot of trial and error. If I can help through my experiences and save them a headache, I am more than happy too.

Wow....surprising. Thats how I learned too. I read about 3 manuals (Including shotshell....I dont even reload shotshell lol) And built myself a bench from wood @ home depot. Bought a kit and with some low pressure loads and trial and error here I am today. Most of my knowledge is from internet forums, personal trial and error, and books books and more books :p

many sources like the internet

The Rock chucker is a great first press and is one of the best around for rifle calibers. I'm sorry I sold all of my RCBS gear years back when I stopped reloading for a while. From time to time they appear at a decent price used but I'm always a step too late.

Do not take any personal load information found on the internet at face value. I've seen some that are highly questionable. I'd compare anything found on the internet with a reliable source such as a reloading data manual or the many on line manuals made available from the bullet and powder manufacturers.

I'll say it again. come up to NH and attend the free seminars in the Kittery Trading Post and then walk across the road to one of the best fresh lobster stands in the area....Even if you learn nothing, you leave with a very satisfied stomach!!!! :lol:

I'd be interested in getting some pointers. I've been wanting to get into reloading for a while now, but don't have the money to invest in equipment yet. I will be in West Orange(my future home) all summer and I am looking forward to shooting with a bunch of you and if possible learn a little reloading.

many sources like the internet

The Rock chucker is a great first press and is one of the best around for rifle calibers. I'm sorry I sold all of my RCBS gear years back when I stopped reloading for a while. From time to time they appear at a decent price used but I'm always a step too late.

Do not take any personal load information found on the internet at face value. I've seen some that are highly questionable. I'd compare anything found on the internet with a reliable source such as a reloading data manual or the many on line manuals made available from the bullet and powder manufacturers.

I'll say it again. come up to NH and attend the free seminars in the Kittery Trading Post and then walk across the road to one of the best fresh lobster stands in the area....Even if you learn nothing, you leave with a very satisfied stomach!!!! :lol:

Where in NH is this? I may be going up there in a month or two? maybe more. a friend is having a baby in Dover area.

Very close to Dover. In fact so am I. In fact my gun club is nearby in Barrington. www.majorwaldron.com

KTP is off of Route 95 (Exit 3) just over the NH/ME border. They maintain a small (and I mean small) shop in NH so NH residents can pick up firearms as an in state purchase. Plus we don't pay sales tax. http://www.ktp.com/

I'll be down in NJ late May and into the first week of June. I hook up with friends and drive up to Canada for four days of diving the St. Lawrence.Then it's back up for bike week. At least when I'm down I load up on all the good food I can't find up here. Like kielbasa and fresh homemade pirogies from a great store in Garfield. Great food but the car really stinks on the way home.

Very close to Dover. In fact so am I. In fact my gun club is nearby in Barrington. http://www.majorwaldron.com

KTP is off of Route 95 (Exit 3) just over the NH/ME border. They maintain a small (and I mean small) shop in NH so NH residents can pick up firearms as an in state purchase. Plus we don't pay sales tax. http://www.ktp.com/

I'll be down in NJ late May and into the first week of June. I hook up with friends and drive up to Canada for four days of diving the St. Lawrence.Then it's back up for bike week. At least when I'm down I load up on all the good food I can't find up here. Like kielbasa and fresh homemade pirogies from a great store in Garfield. Great food but the car really stinks on the way home.

there are not polish and russian stores in NH?