Zeke

Beer can burger

12 hours ago, Zeke said:

@Bighungry618 where are you Widdle buddy?

@gleninjersey you know ya gonna trie this 

ok....where to start

1. not a burger.
     A. wrong fat/meat ratio  75/25 or even 70/30 is by far better....home ground is prefered.
     B. 100% chuck/  should be a blend of cuts - sirloin, chuck, brisket, short rib is my go to
     C. that meat is way...and i mean WAYYY overworked...no way that's not tough as hell after cooking.
     D.. smoked burger meat = meh - weird meatloaf.   Cold beef blend, heavily seasoned, in loosely formed patties, seared over super intense heat (i prefer cast iron pan on grill) is a burger
     E. over cooked.....as in annihilated.

2. I'd still try it.    But i'd use a set of ring molds like a normal human being instead of spreading raw meat bacteria around the outside of perfectly good beer. And use a better beef blend. And better stuffing media.

3. I miss you fuckers and shooting things.

Jeez, should be called a garbage can burger. Waaaay too much work. Acquiring all the ingredients, prepping them, cooking them and only after that start working the beef. Vid should have stopped at making the balls and then start over by smashing the balls and throwing on the grill. Then grab the Yuengling and do it proper. Reminds me of teenage dating, too much work for a 5 minute return lol.

• Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1

3 hours ago, siderman said:

Jeez, should be called a garbage can burger. Waaaay too much work. Acquiring all the ingredients, prepping them, cooking them and only after that start working the beef. Vid should have stopped at making the balls and then start over by smashing the balls and throwing on the grill. Then grab the Yuengling and do it proper. Reminds me of teenage dating, too much work for a 5 minute return lol.

It’s a labor of love!

4 hours ago, Bighungry618 said:

ok....where to start

1. not a burger.
     A. wrong fat/meat ratio  75/25 or even 70/30 is by far better....home ground is prefered.
     B. 100% chuck/  should be a blend of cuts - sirloin, chuck, brisket, short rib is my go to
     C. that meat is way...and i mean WAYYY overworked...no way that's not tough as hell after cooking.
     D.. smoked burger meat = meh - weird meatloaf.   Cold beef blend, heavily seasoned, in loosely formed patties, seared over super intense heat (i prefer cast iron pan on grill) is a burger
     E. over cooked.....as in annihilated.

2. I'd still try it.    But i'd use a set of ring molds like a normal human being instead of spreading raw meat bacteria around the outside of perfectly good beer. And use a better beef blend. And better stuffing media.

3. I miss you fuckers and shooting things.

Stop being a kitchen Karen like @Displaced Texan and @10X

15 minutes ago, Zeke said:

It’s a labor of love!

Stop being a kitchen Karen like @Displaced Texan and @10X

Ahh, you fancy yourself as an ‘artisanal’ gourmet. 

Remember, you can’t have ‘artisanal’ without anal. :rofl:

@Zeke Thanks for the tag.  I will try this recipe and make some adjustments / modifications to suit Mrs. Rosey's discerning palette.

Some observations (after reading the entire thread & watchin' that great video) in no particular order:

Video has the chopped meat fat percentage all over the place.  From 70% to 88% beef.  That's wrong for a number of reasons.  This is too extreme a variable and could result in a grease fire, especially if the coals are too close to the molds.  Obviously how dry or juicy the end result IS depends on a number of factors including fat content of the meat, how "wet" the veggies are, how much veggies you use, how much cheese is used, etc., etc.

Using 85% or 88% ground beef will help prevent shrinkage from fat loss.  Perhaps that's why they used 88%(?) in the video?  Too much shrinkage would / could make the end result fall apart...

My personal favorite blend for custom hamburgers is Pat LaFrieda's original recipe of chuck, short rib & brisket in a 70 / 30 blend.  Shop Rite sells them pre-made, 4 to a pkg. and weighing 1/3 pound each.  The Plant is in North Bergen, NJ so you're keepin' Jersey people employed :)  

The Rosey Burger made on Rosey's Little Webber charcoal grill:

Kosher salt one side and place on grill salted side down.  Cook uncovered (NO lid)!  4 min. later flip & douse the salted side with Worcestershire sauce.  Wait 5 min. then cheese & cover for 30 sec. to melt cheese.  Comes out medium rare in the middle, but with a well-done texture on both sides.  Flames lick-up on dripping fat.  Done properly, when plated some reddish juice will escape during the rest.  We like fried onions, ketchup, and a slice of Jersey beefsteak tomato (in-season) along with a potato bun.  The simple flavor comes through and the texture is exquisite.  Nothing overpowers.  If pan fried onion scares you, try Vidalia onion instead of yellow (Spanish) onion.

When you go to a high-falutin' restaurant with linen service and spend $15-$20 on a burger, chances are it's a Pat LaFrieda.  They have house accounts all over Jersey & NYC.  Each account can modify a specific blend to suit their Executive Chef's taste!  For a mouth-waterin' peek, visit:  https://www.lafrieda.com 

Rosey

Back to the video:  Creative video editing?  Did anyone clean the cutting board after the raw chopped meat was on it OR were they too busy drinkin' the Yuengling?  Did anyone clean the spatula after it was knocked onto the ground?