Sign in to follow this  
fatty

Arsenal SAM7R-61N

I agree, which is why I may look into it in a few months. If I do get an optic, it'll likely be on a RS regulate side mount with a PA advanced micro

I've got this set up on my WASR and it works great...

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/primary-arms-micro-red-dot-combo-w-rs-ak-mount-detail.html?Itemid=0

On my others, I've used the same RDS and and an Ultimak rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had I known there were Arsenal NJ compliant, I might have spent the extra bux on it instead of the Wasr... But I figure let me see if I like the platform first. I put a red dot on mine as well because my eyes suck. They also have tritium night sights for AKs too.

Right now I'm stripping the wood down to restain it darker. Hate the light wood. I do like wood though rather than poly on an AK... For some reason, AKs just scream wood furniture.

35a09d9a1c37119bd63030226252a719.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the wood furniture I had on my old wasr got pretty hot after a few mags...  that's why I now prefer the k-var heat-shielded poly handguards.  for me it's just more user friendly if you're planning on any extended range trips without having to wear gloves.  

Had I known there were Arsenal NJ compliant, I might have spent the extra bux on it instead of the Wasr... But I figure let me see if I like the platform first. I put a red dot on mine as well because my eyes suck. They also have tritium night sights for AKs too.

Right now I'm stripping the wood down to restain it darker. Hate the light wood. I do like would though rather than poly on an AK... For some reason, AKs just scream wood furniture.

35a09d9a1c37119bd63030226252a719.jpg

nice welcome to the club!

the wood furniture I had on my old wasr got pretty hot after a few mags... that's why I now prefer the k-var heat-shielded poly handguards. for me it's just more user friendly if you're planning on any extended range trips without having to wear gloves.

No biggy... Guess I'll wear gloves... Or only shoot on real cold days where I need a hand warmer. ;)

Had I known there were Arsenal NJ compliant, I might have spent the extra bux on it instead of the Wasr... But I figure let me see if I like the platform first. I put a red dot on mine as well because my eyes suck. They also have tritium night sights for AKs too.Right now I'm stripping the wood down to restain it darker. Hate the light wood. I do like wood though rather than poly on an AK... For some reason, AKs just scream wood furniture.Posted ImageSent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet rig dude !

Had I known there were Arsenal NJ compliant, I might have spent the extra bux on it instead of the Wasr... But I figure let me see if I like the platform first. I put a red dot on mine as well because my eyes suck. They also have tritium night sights for AKs too. Right now I'm stripping the wood down to restain it darker. Hate the light wood. I do like wood though rather than poly on an AK... For some reason, AKs just scream wood furniture. 35a09d9a1c37119bd63030226252a719.jpg Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love just about everything about my new production WASR, except for the light wood. I actually prefer the old laminate style furniture, so I ended up ordering a surplus set from APEX that I'm going to sand down and rub with a few coats of boiled linseed oil.

I love just about everything about my new production WASR, except for the light wood. I actually prefer the old laminate style furniture, so I ended up ordering a surplus set from APEX that I'm going to sand down and rub with a few coats of boiled linseed oil.

Why not just do what I did. Came out great. Grain and all. Just posted before and after pics in the AK photo section thread.

Why not just do what I did. Came out great. Grain and all. Just posted before and after pics in the AK photo section thread. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is going sound totally wrong, but the pictures of your wood look great. 

The thing that I like about using the linseed oil vs varnish is that it's very easy fix up and really bad dings and scratches with just a little sandpaper and a little bit of oil. That being said, I think that wood furniture AKs actually start looking better once they've got some wear and tear in the finish. 

This is going sound totally wrong, but the pictures of your wood look great.

The thing that I like about using the linseed oil vs varnish is that it's very easy fix up and really bad dings and scratches with just a little sandpaper and a little bit of oil. That being said, I think that wood furniture AKs actually start looking better once they've got some wear and tear in the finish.

Lmao..... I apologize for hijacking here. Maybe we can continue in a pm.

I know most Arsenal owners know this but....be careful with Arsenals paint...just cleaned mine and laid the bolt - piston assembly on a paper towel for a min and the damn paper towel stuck to it.... trying to wipe it off with barricade rust prevention not a harsh chemical it still started to take the paint off.....now it looks like light spots.......

Ill never go near it with anythig but CLP from now on

I do like wood though rather than poly on an AK... For some reason, AKs just scream wood furniture. 35a09d9a1c37119bd63030226252a719.jpg Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with you on that.  I switched out the poly furniture for wood on my Saiga, but have not done a full fledged conversion.

Love the look of yours.  I'm seriously considering getting something similar.

I know most Arsenal owners know this but....be careful with Arsenals paint...just cleaned mine and laid the bolt - piston assembly on a paper towel for a min and the damn paper towel stuck to it.... trying to wipe it off with barricade rust prevention not a harsh chemical it still started to take the paint off.....now it looks like light spots.......

Ill never go near it with anythig but CLP from now on

yup... I only use the recommended CLP on mine. 

it's not what I'd expect for a 1300+ rifle, but it's just cosmetic... I'd rather have this rifle with shitty paint than have a "lesser" quality rifle with an excellent finish lol

I completely agree....

Arsenal claims that is the same paint they use on their military rifles. Guess they gotta make up cost somewhere.

the wood furniture I had on my old wasr got pretty hot after a few mags...  that's why I now prefer the k-var heat-shielded poly handguards.  for me it's just more user friendly if you're planning on any extended range trips without having to wear gloves.  

Though I like the look of the wood handguards, it gets really hot and uncomfortable very quick.  Thinking of get the hogue handguards for extended shooting.