junkmanted

nice a real gun site for NJ

Welcome! I think North Some other site is in Fairfield....thats not to far from you is it? I'm not sure if they are just skeet tho. There are some guys on here go there. I'm sure they will be more then willing to tell you about it.

Ted,

Welcome to our happy little band of misfits. I also browse NJ Hunter, but I don't hunt so my participation there is limited.

I shoot at Cherry Ridge in Highland Lakes, just off Rt. 23/Canistear Road. Great place, and they have ranges for damn near anything you want to shoot. I also heard that there's a place (Hercules Trap & Skeet Club) with a pistol range on the old Hercules property on Weldon Road in Lk. Hopatcong, but I don't know if it's true. Check it out and let us know. There's also Shongum Sportsman's Club off 46 near the hatchery, but they have a long waiting list for membership.

Cherry Ridge link: http://www.anjrpc.org/cherry_ridge.htm

Ken

The Hercules Trap & Skeet Club does exist.....

Its sort of a private club with no membership.....

We shoot on Sunday's only from 10am till about 2pm

Trap/Skeet or whatever it is on one side..... and to the right a 50yd pistol range.

PM me for details..... I am sort of the unofficial pistol Range Officer over there....LOL

Harry.... runs the club is very strict on safety, so he keeps an eye on the pistol range

No Centerfire rifles

Black Powder is OK

No metal targets even for .22lr

Must bring your own target stands

I do plan on being there this Sunday

sorry I didnt reply to anyone I thought I checked receve email when a reply is posed but looks like i didnt.

Thanks for the welcome

I'm looking for a rifle and pistol range Its hard to find a place to shoot let alone a place for something over 22cal .

Another welcome from Toms River. My brother likes in Budd lake, I'll have to ask him if he knows of anything up there. I do know there used to be a skeet/trap shooting place right on Rt 206 around Chester at one time.