rauchman

Handguns and ammo costs!!!

Now I'm hearing that NJ is not allowing internet shipments of ammo to NJ residents.

Is that even possible??

Can a state legally forbid the shipping of a product that's perfectly legal and available in the state in from any out of state vendor? I may be wrong, but I can't think of any example where that's currently being done.

That's erroneous information, it's perfectly legal to get internet shipments of ammo, according to the two 500 round cans of W. German .308 that arrived on my porch a few days ago.

Ammoman can't ship in NJ because being in NJ by law he has to see your FID card to sell any ammo for a handgun.

And the reason ranges do not allow aluminum or steel cased ammo is because they sell the brass to reloaders and don't want to sort the cases.

Now I'm hearing that NJ is not allowing internet shipments of ammo to NJ residents.

Is that even possible??

Can a state legally forbid the shipping of a product that's perfectly legal and available in the state in from any out of state vendor? I may be wrong, but I can't think of any example where that's currently being done.

If they are shipping to NJ, they have to make sure they see your FID, hence why some places wouldnt ship until you faxed in your FID. since this was starting to get cracked down on, some just dont want to deal with this, and just dont ship to NJ period.

Is that even possible??

If they are shipping to NJ, they have to make sure they see your FID, hence why some places wouldnt ship until you faxed in your FID. since this was starting to get cracked down on, some just dont want to deal with this, and just dont ship to NJ period.

I've only ever had to scan a copy of my DL to two places. Everyone else relies on the "adult signature" option from UPS. Although that always doesn't work.

I've never been asked for anything but my credit card number when ordering ammo online. I've seen some places that require you to fax in a copy of your ID (drivers license, not FID), but that's about it.

I've never been asked for anything but my credit card number when ordering ammo online. I've seen some places that require you to fax in a copy of your ID (drivers license, not FID), but that's about it.

+1 , the ammo I ordered from sportsmansguide.com arrived in a week, with nothing required except a ups signature.

Mak is correct. Some sites like midway are not shipping handgun ammo to NJ. They claim it is against the law but in reality it is laziness on their part because they do not want to verify that you are over the legal age to buy ammo. Is it 21 for handgun ammo or 18?

Also please look into the Cabela's thread. cabela's is not shipping primers to NJ and they are using the same BS excuse.

Yeah - BH has a 1 shot per second rule if I'm not mistaken.

You can do double-taps. I run Zimbabwe drills all the time like it's my job. Two neat little holes in the chest, one in the forehead.

I think you mean Mozambique Drill ;) but either way - good to know. A co-worker of mine says he was yelled at for firing too fast and that they told him no more than 1 shot per second. Granted, he also apparently shot the target holder and broke it, so maybe they just don't like him :lol:

Yeah - BH has a 1 shot per second rule if I'm not mistaken.

You can do double-taps. I run Zimbabwe drills all the time like it's my job. Two neat little holes in the chest, one in the forehead.

I think you mean Mozambique Drill ;) but either way - good to know. A co-worker of mine says he was yelled at for firing too fast and that they told him no more than 1 shot per second. Granted, he also apparently shot the target holder and broke it, so maybe they just don't like him :lol:

also, it does depend on the environment. If you know how to control the handgun during a rapid fire.... do you think others know that?

Its a fun experiement at the range.... start shooting faster, ando thers will follow. If you rapid fire, quite a few others will be encouraged to do so as well, as we know half the new people cant put a round on paper at 7 yards with slow fire... what makes anyone think they will do so in a rapid fire string? :?

also, it does depend on the environment. If you know how to control the handgun during a rapid fire.... do you think others know that?

Its a fun experiement at the range.... start shooting faster, ando thers will follow. If you rapid fire, quite a few others will be encouraged to do so as well,

Agreed - I'm still too new to shooting to even worry about speed right now. It's rare for me to do more than 1 shot per 2-3 seconds.. unless I'm goofing around with a .22 or something.

as we know half the new people cant put a round on paper at 7 yards with slow fire... what makes anyone think they will do so in a rapid fire string? :?

I'm still trying to figure out how the guy in the lane next to me shoot out one of the florescent tubes last time I was at BH :lol:

Last night at BA, whenever there was a burst of rapid fire, everyone would say "There goes Tiny"..I thought it was pretty funny that they didn't even bother to look up, they just knew. Tiny had some cool stuff there last night, that new Benelli Shotgun was awesome! thumb.gif