M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

Whipped up a short press release.

Wasting no time, today 2A attorney Daniel Schmutter filed an emergency motion seeking a TRO and a PI against New Jersey’s new ninja PTC qualification requirements.

https://www.news2a.com/new-jersey/carry-killer/njs-new-carry-training-qualifications-challenged-in-court/

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Will Bumb re-open the case and add the new quals to the enjoined stuff?

No.

51 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

If that happens, will NJ go running to 3rd Cir again to revise the emergency stay?

Of course.   :-)

12 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

I don't get all the hubbub about this.  We have until October for them to sort it out.  Why the panicked rush?

I don't know if anyone is "panicking", but 1 October is 66 days from today.  Personally, I think it's foolish to wait (and hope) for relief from the courts.  

4 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

I don't get all the hubbub about this.  We have until October for them to sort it out.  Why the panicked rush?

I completely agree. I've seen posts indicating that some ranges are getting a "substantially equivalent" imprimatur from the AG or the NYSP for the courses they've already given. 

Either way, IMO this situation is too new to go jumping into another qualification course that may or may not satisfy the gods in Trenton.

I'm going to give it some time for the "dust to settle" and check with my PD before doing anything.

the company i took my quals with is offering to let those of us that did it with them to re-shoot for 25 bucks. they'll fill out the necessary new state paperwork, and we'll be covered. i'm gonna do that, even though i don't think i need to or should have to. cheap insurance. i ain't giving those cocksuckers any reason to revoke my permit.

that all said.....those of you with the "i'm gonna wait till the dust settles' attitudes....get yer apps in now. they WANT people to keep pushing it off. don't give them what they want.

• Like 1

So please explain if you can, who is to say what COF you shot and passed doesn't qualify under HQC 2 and how will you be notified by you local PD or NJSP that you permit is invalid.....same ones here who jumped in the early rush before the panic began.....we shot HQC 1,  the 60 round course and passed....is that not sufficient.....IMO, the wait and see make more sense that running off again half cocked....omo.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, xXxplosive said:

So please explain if you can, who is to say what COF you shot and passed doesn't qualify under HQC 2 and how will you be notified by you local PD or NJSP that you permit is invalid.....same ones here who jumped in the early rush before the panic began.....we shot HQC 1,  the 60 round course and passed....is that not sufficient.....IMO, the wait and see make more sense that running off again half cocked....omo.

as i said earlier, my local pd doesn't even know anything about this yet. so i dunno how they're gonna notify......

Did you know that up to  yesterday there were only 2 states left in these "ununited" states that refused to let you pump your own gas, Oregon and NJ...now there is only one....If they don't trust you to pump your own gas without killing someone...do you really think they are interested in letting you carry a gun?  Legislators must really think we are stupid....

32 minutes ago, ALAN553 said:

Did you know that up to  yesterday there were only 2 states left in these "ununited" states that refused to let you pump your own gas, Oregon and NJ...now there is only one....If they don't trust you to pump your own gas without killing someone...do you really think they are interested in letting you carry a gun?  Legislators must really think we are stupid....

i thought oregon had already done this.........

On 7/27/2023 at 12:10 PM, 1LtCAP said:

the company i took my quals with is offering to let those of us that did it with them to re-shoot for 25 bucks. they'll fill out the necessary new state paperwork, and we'll be covered. i'm gonna do that, even though i don't think i need to or should have to. cheap insurance. i ain't giving those cocksuckers any reason to revoke my permit.

that all said.....those of you with the "i'm gonna wait till the dust settles' attitudes....get yer apps in now. they WANT people to keep pushing it off. don't give them what they want.

Gun For Hire is allowing anyone who qualified with them to re-shoot the new qualification course for free. GOOD ON THEM!!!  So I signed up, but in the same notice they also said that the original course of fire was deemed  "substantially equivalent" so the re-shoot may not be necessary, but they are getting conflicting signals from the NJSP or the AG's office.

The only problem I have is that I have 2 bad knees and I can't kneel down and get up under my own steam and I can't find out if GFH will (or can) waive the kneeling requirement. I don't want to "blow" my 1 free re-qualify if I will fail because I can't kneel.

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking...

I hope this confusion gets cleared up soon.

28 minutes ago, GrumpyOldRetiree said:

Gun For Hire is allowing anyone who qualified with them to re-shoot the new qualification course for free. GOOD ON THEM!!!  So I signed up, but in the same notice they also said that the original course of fire was deemed  "substantially equivalent" so the re-shoot may not be necessary, but they are getting conflicting signals from the NJSP or the AG's office.

The only problem I have is that I have 2 bad knees and I can't kneel down and get up under my own steam and I can't find out if GFH will (or can) waive the kneeling requirement. I don't want to "blow" my 1 free re-qualify if I will fail because I can't kneel.

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking...

I hope this confusion gets cleared up soon.

and dont forget. ..  If you already have your permit,  and you take this new Qual,  it will be good for when you renew.  You wont have to take it then.  I am going to take it now,  but say nothing to my PD unless they ask me about it.

5 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

and dont forget. ..  If you already have your permit,  and you take this new Qual,  it will be good for when you renew.  You wont have to take it then.  I am going to take it now,  but say nothing to my PD unless they ask me about it.

what you keep describing is like taking an enema that don't work...ya just keep shovin' it in until sometin' happens...good or bad....omo.

7 hours ago, ALAN553 said:

"...Legislators must really think we are stupid..."

Depending on who you include in your collective pronoun "we", I think NJ legislators may have damned good evidence of the validity of that premise. After all, who voted those asswit dimholes into office?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2